Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > HPI Wheely King

Notices

Thread: Dimensions of an Axial locker (spool)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2007, 04:49 PM   #1

Default Dimensions of an Axial locker (spool)

Anybody have the dimesions of an Axial Locker spool. I read the specs on Towerhobbies and they do not mention the dimesions of the hole thru the middle.
OD= .55 inch
Length= .53
hole dia= .25 x .135
cross pin dia= .118

I have a new WK on the way and I wanted to build my lockers before it arrived and I did not want to exopy the diff's.

Edited to add dimesions after I built and tested the locker.

They just slid right in. If a person wanted to try this without a lathe or mill you could find a piece of .50 (1/2") solid aluminum. The OD is not critical in this aplication. Drill a .135 hole (approximate. it can have a little play in it) through the center and dremel it out to .25 wide and 3/16ths deep. Drill a .118 cross pin hole and use the spyder gear shaft for the cross pin. This does not alter the differential and you can put the gears back in if you wanted.

Last edited by rcmadness; 10-24-2007 at 11:16 PM.
rcmadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2007, 12:23 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Might try posting this in the Axial section. I bet someone there could help if you need an answer pretty quick
pariah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 04:24 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

You can have a look here: Easy build it yourself Diff Locker There might be enough info to get you started.

I've changed things a bit since I had some trouble. I'll try and update that thread with what I ended up doing to improve things.
heyok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 08:19 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

The axial lockers will drop into the wheely king diffs with no mods if that is what you are worried about.
lesannatrevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 11:04 PM   #5

Default Edit to original post.

Thanks for the help. I recieved my WK today and have spent the evening building it up. This gave me the chance to measure and make my lockers. If you are interest in the measurements I added them to the original post. I used brass for the material so it would add weight to the axles and they work perfectly from what I can tell so far.:-P
Old 10-24-2007, 11:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyok View Post
You can have a look here: Easy build it yourself Diff Locker There might be enough info to get you started.

I've changed things a bit since I had some trouble. I'll try and update that thread with what I ended up doing to improve things.
Thanks for the link. I spent 2 hrs searching for that before I wrote my thread and I for the life of me I could not find it. I ran across it at work and when I got home I could not find it again.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:28 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

I just put one in the rear of my wk axles, (jb weld broke). works great. The shims won't need to be put in w/ the locker
highhpcummins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 05:57 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Nice job guys. I know it is super simple to just go and buy one but when you make something yourself it is pretty cool!

Let's see a pic of what you guys came up with.
heyok is offline   Reply With Quote