Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > HPI Wheely King

Notices

Thread: MORE modified.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2008, 03:37 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default MORE modified.

Ok, on my last thread, i kept hearing my rig was to high, so i did some remounting to the shocks, and it sits way lower. im in the midst of a new body scheme so the paint (absent of) is disregardable. Just put my new 55t lathe in today =D Any ideas for me? tips? (compliments perhaps?) haha.

gearmonkey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2008, 03:39 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

camara dates are handytarded...
Old 01-09-2008, 12:27 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearmonkey23 View Post
camara dates are handytarded...
the rig itself to!
Sorry but its all crooked and wrong
Why make a partialy chassis and add it to a crappy chassi,
Why not make/design a new one its pretty easy to make a nice one that will perform better
crawl rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 02:40 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

ouch.... well for one, i ran out of meterial, and im BROKE. two, it performs like a champ from what i have experienced, it is rather hard to flip, has articulation above and beyond, and carries itself up inclines that superman would have to use a rope. Ive put most of my money into go, not show.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:44 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

gobs of articulation is not the end all be all. You don't want TOO much travel, that can end up hurting you - your wheel can drop you into holes easier, rather than allowing the wheel to float over the holes. You have too much damn travel.

Really, the only way to lower the CG of that chassis, is to build a new one and clock the motor/tranny mount so the motor is nearest the bottom (heaviest part on bottom).
jbrandt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:11 PM   #6
SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS

I understand the need to keep part of the stock chassis for cost savings, but by adding to it you may have made it top heavier.

I'd suggest lowering the upper part of your chassis that holds your battery ... as low as possible. Problem is that you have your servo mounted vertically, so your battery may hit it if you don't rearrange it. Even if your tranny/motor ends up hitting the roof of the shell because you lower it so much,it's fine. So long as you are lowering COG.

As far as flex, most people will tell you a 2.2 shouldn't flex beyond being able to put a tire on a soft drink can. Mine has a little more flex than that (not much) and I'm happy with it. The reasoning behind the no flex is that you can drop a tire into a void and it'll bind up. Also, rigs that flexy tend to lean a lot when they sidehill.

I like the flatbed idea
Locked Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 07:45 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Well, i need to make a different servo mount, this was just a quick slop job to get me out of the house. Idealy, i would like to make a tuber, but i cant find a thread that has measuremnets, and angles and what not. I have built this whole thing for under $115 bucks (plus orig price). so, i mean, im happy with it, just somthin i have fun with.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:29 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

do what you can with what you got , if it floats your boat man then thats cool man . all that said keep on rollin man build it like you want it
PONYBOY87LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 11:49 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

I totaly agree with you ponyboy, VERY SADLY i dont have a esc. so pushing it around in my room is about as far as im getting =(
Old 01-12-2008, 02:09 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Get yer feet off the table! j/k As stated, too much flex is not good, lay your servo down on it's side. What happened to your esc?
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 03:39 AM   #11
MWRCA'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearmonkey23 View Post
Any ideas for me? tips? (compliments perhaps?) haha.
Hmm, where should I start?

Reduce the flex.

Place the shocks more vertical.

Lower you motor.

Purchase a smaller battery.

Purchase new lower travel shocks.

Bend the links for better clearance.

Scrap the chassis and start over. Use aluminum and build nothing that resembles a stock WK chassis.

Lower your electronics

Lower your body

Ditch the 3 link

Now since you on a budget

Lower the battery

Mount the shocks in the same mount at the lower links. (move the shocks to the link mounts.)

Lower the electronics

Bend the lower links for clearance
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 05:04 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Move the shocks to the link mounts??? what? now, all the electronics are sitting on the three link, (minus the esc) the esc got smoked when i pluged the batt in. Im trying to figure out how to lopwer the motor, but i am out of alum to make a new chassi. I can bend the links, will do. even if i lay the servo down, i have no were to mount it lower, unless i lay the sf-2 down, and put the bat back on the three link, and have it rest of the servo, if thats ok to do. Now, what is the advantage of having a four link, rather than three? i know it looks way better, but whats the perpous? i need to get a vid of this thing once i get my esc, so you can see that the cog as is, isnt really that bad (although it CAN be improved) it holds on some side hills. i can understand the abundance of flex, and i could probably modify those shocks to not give as much.
thanks for the help guys <(o-O<)
Old 01-13-2008, 09:31 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Well, i decided to change the whole project. so i built it into a tuber! finished it today, at about 7:30 pm, and started at about 8:30 am. set the servo down flat, got some rustler rear suspension, with softer shocks, and moved the link mounts up kinda high so the wont catch on anything. ill get pictures up tmrw afternoon.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:19 AM   #14

looking forward to seeing what you came up with
Littledeuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:39 AM   #15