Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Idaho

Notices

Thread: Urban crawling spots

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2008, 07:33 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Urban crawling spots

Well, I didn't make it to Table Rock this weekend, but I did find a good spot on Friday for a quick lunch crawl. I work in SE Boise, and just a couple blocks away is the Green Belt. There is a company that has landscaped their lawn area to include some great big ol' protruding boulders and a real nice pond. Obviously I am interested in the rocks and not the pond. I'll get some pictures this week and post up as well as some directions, I know there is more than one of you down somewhere in this neck of the woods.

It got me thinking though, of any other urban crawling areas. Anyone?

I also thought it might be fun to post some challenges. Something like you posting a picture or a video of a particular line or crawl, etc, and seeing if anyone else can do it as well. Kind of an informal comp, on the honor system.

Mike
mmbackpacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2008, 10:13 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

like I said over at boiserc I think this would be a great idea. that we should plan it for a weekend in march or april. bot post up some pic and make sure since it is a company that they don't mind 20-30 guys driving there truck on there rocks.
Kingoftherock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 04:03 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

King,
I fully agree it would be fun to have a big GTG once the weather turns a bit nicer. Not sure this would be the spot though. I really don't think they'd care TOO much, just as long as we leave it like we found it. Heck, it wold be a good spot to get others interested with all the bikers, walkers, etc on the green belt. I'll post pics sometime this week.
Mike
mmbackpacker is offline   Reply With Quote