Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Idaho

Notices

Thread: we need a name for our club.. any ideas?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2008, 07:37 PM   #21

im agreeing with noob2crawlin we need to rotate the judges throughout the comps keeping it all fair like
JUSTCUZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2008, 07:56 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

I think it would be a great idea to have other judges. And or rotate judgeing.. However. I think eveyone should be able to compete. Reason being is. Every comp you get points which brings you up or down in ranks to go to Nationals. It wouldn't be fair to exclude a person from the comp and point earnings because they judge. It would be like them missing a comp. Missing those points. But i agree there should be other judges. We have been talking about getting 2 judges for every coarse and that what we are going to try to do. And i think that is the best idea. I think that when Those judges drive the coarses themselfs. They should be judged by other judges who can rotate from another coarse over to judge. Or other judges that are there competeing can step in and judge.

If it was a big sponcered event. I competly agree that there should be other who judge and don't compete. If we can find people who don't compete and just want to come and judge that would be great too. For our group still being realatively small. We don't really have enough people at the moment To be able to do have judges that only judge and not compete. And like i said all comps you will get points to go to nationals. Thats at least how most santioned clubs are doing it. Some drop one or 2 scores off your totall. If you miss a comp or 2. They drop those low score off your record bassically to average up your seasons end points. But we are totally up for sugestions as of how to run it.. Im just going off what i know. BPRCA "ckrc club". The previous year dropped scores of one event average. This year they are not. You have to go to every event. So not getting to compete in an event hurts your points standings.

The same thing happend in BPRCA club. They thought that if was unfair for the judges to run.. Jake Halenbeck was kicking everyones butt and judgeing. So he stopped judgeing and still kicked everyones butt. And in the end it was decited that They would much rather have someone who crawled and knew what was going on judge the event and still be able to compete..
I think that if it would make everone feel better. Who ever judges could run the coarses first. That way there would be no advantage of seeing what everone eles dose befor they run. At the next comp durring the drivers meeting we can talk about all this and decide what is best what everyone feels will be best. If your not going to make it to the next comp please post here and let me know what your thoughts are so They can be expressed at the next comps drivers meeting.
thescoutmandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 08:37 PM   #23
RCC Addict

Default Judging

USRCRCA rule: section 5... 5.3 at least 2 judges per driver.
I hope this helps
The way we do at Central Valley Rock Crawlers and Nor-CalRCRC is have 2 judges per course. We run the judges last with each set of judges starting their coures first and having the other judges judging then moving to the next course.
coruse 1 judges... judged by 4
course 2 judges... judged by 3
course 3 judges... judged by 2
course 4 judges... judged by 1

We have a least 10 guys that can judge at every comp so no one get burned out.
drumbeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 09:47 AM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumbeater View Post
USRCRCA rule: section 5... 5.3 at least 2 judges per driver.
I hope this helps
The way we do at Central Valley Rock Crawlers and Nor-CalRCRC is have 2 judges per course. We run the judges last with each set of judges starting their coures first and having the other judges judging then moving to the next course.
coruse 1 judges... judged by 4
course 2 judges... judged by 3
course 3 judges... judged by 2
course 4 judges... judged by 1

We have a least 10 guys that can judge at every comp so no one get
burned out.

Thanks for the info. Thats sounds like a good way to do it. what do you all think?
Old 11-29-2008, 02:17 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

I would like to have about 10 people all trained up and on the same boat for judging to make it consistent for the comps

Andrew and I think we should have a Judges meeting/ training sometime this next week befor the comp to get everyone read up on rules and trained on judgeing if they need it and get some pizza or something.

we have

Daniel Mclay
Andrew patchett
Tyler "who has helped andrew"
Dale oregon trail hobby owner.. "will be at some."
Larry Cossins
shawn Cossins
Andy Pokorney
Dan Lopez
Eric Dahl

who have mentioned they would like to judge and will be at the comp consistantly. Is there anyone eles who would like to judge and will be at the comps consistantly?
Old 11-29-2008, 04:00 PM   #26
RCC Addict

sounds like you guys got a good name figured out!!! A club is always a fun thing, my club is S.I.C (souther idaho crawlers)....have you guys looked around at sticker printing prices at all?
slowngreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 09:41 PM   #27

HOW MANY OF U CRAWLERS WHO WANT NO CRAWLING FOR THE JUDGES ARE WILLING TO WORK ON YOUR RIGS COME OUT SET UP COURSE BRING YOUR RIG AND BE JUDGES AND NOT GET TO COMPETE YOURSELF. HOW MANY OF U ACTUALLY HAVE THE ABILITY TO BE GOOD JUDGES ? THANX ANDREW and DAN THE LAST COMP WAS A BLAST LETS DO IT AGAIN THE SAME WAY
Soncho Ponza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 08:32 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Anybody have a CC sidewinder and external BEC for cheap
I picked up some claws on 8 shooters (thx andrew!!)and now thats next
47willysbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 01:45 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescoutmandan View Post
I would like to have about 10 people all trained up and on the same boat for judging to make it consistent for the comps

Andrew and I think we should have a Judges meeting/ training sometime this next week befor the comp to get everyone read up on rules and trained on judgeing if they need it and get some pizza or something.

we have

Daniel Mclay
Andrew patchett
Tyler "who has helped andrew"
Dale oregon trail hobby owner.. "will be at some."
Larry Cossins
shawn Cossins
Andy Pokorney
Dan Lopez
Eric Dahl

who have mentioned they would like to judge and will be at the comp consistantly. Is there anyone eles who would like to judge and will be at the comps consistantly?

I'm pretty sure I'll be able to make the comp and if you want to get together for pizza or whatever and go over the judging I'm good to do that after noon on thursday until the comp on sat. let me know Andy (20 573-0893
racerx_rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 08:39 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

judges meeting get together

dec 4th nampa 6:30 pm

SRCC Judge training meeting. dec 4th Nampa

if you know anyone who is wanting to come to this make sure they get this message
Old 12-02-2008, 11:20 AM   #31
Pebble Pounder

Ive been to both and helped judge one ill be there thursday may be acouple mins late do to work.
noob2crawlin is offline   Reply With Quote