Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Idaho

Notices

Thread: I would like to know what you guys think.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2009, 09:18 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default I would like to know what you guys think.

Ok I am getting ready to buy my crawler now I thought I had my mind all made up then I found this combo
http://rcpcrawlers.com/product.php?p...&cat=33&page=1

I would like your opinions on this set up.I come from the mind set of form follow function I like the way this looks but I want to know what someone with experience thinks of this setup. Thanks in advanced.
Scott
boisetrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2009, 01:49 AM   #2
RCC Addict

i it was me for that amount of money i would buy bully axles i almost had some that came up on rcc for 2 hundred but i hesitaded so they were sold quick,i would look for some axles and tranny and build something that way you know what you have ,i prefer to build my own that way you can have it the way you want it .if you go to the meeting or comps for srrc you can get an idea on what is working before jumping the gun,and maybe finding a good deal with a member of the club .hopefully i'll get to meet you at the next comp or gtg.if you need help finding anything let me know i always have stuff for sale or can find it.
warriorsimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:00 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

I had looked at the bully axels and I found a set of bergs for under $200. I was looking at the Kamikaze setup but I was not sure if the chassis is pre drilled or if I need to drill out myself. I know the kit came with the lower links but was not sure about the upper links or if I even needed them. I am not gonna jump the gun I do plan on shopping around and seeing what I find. But I do admit I am personaly drawn towards the Ber or Bully's. Do you know if I get the Bullys if I have to clock the axels or not. Well thanks for your time.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:25 PM   #4
RCC Addict

i'm not sure on the clocking of the axles cause i have not had some yet but the guys at the club were running some and they were doing really good i am sure someone will answer that for you here on the forum.
warriorsimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 06:53 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

you don't have to clock them. But it make it more competitive if you do. It pretty easy to do. I have done it on my bergs. there is pretty much no diffrence on clocking the bully comps.

A guy in the club just bought a few bully comps for a good deal If you interested. You should call him up. I know he has an extra set that he bought to sell. to get the deal hes getting. he live in nampa

Larry Cossins is his name 208-631-0969

as far as chassis.. I would say by mine. It should be done from the machine shop in about a week.. I think its a better design. Im going to be building uppers and lower links. Lower links are going to be bent delrin. I could make you up a set for cheap. I also have a set of motors i might part with. only thing you would need is a speed control and radio.

Larry Cossins is his name 208-631-0969

Last edited by thescoutmandan; 01-31-2009 at 06:57 PM.
thescoutmandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:26 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

I am gonna do some research and look around. I appreciate all the info.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:48 AM   #7
RCC Addict

kind of a bright side on chassis selection in my opinion for the bergs/bullies is that you already have most of your wieght down low so the chassis isnt gonna completly make or break you rig as it does on a shafty so you have more of a variety of chassis' you can use....the zero's are very popular, im running the Rockstar chassis right now but gonna switch it out for my old GC1 just because lol....
slowngreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 04:53 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

i just don't like flat bottom chassis. You all remember the kids puzzle toys trying to fit a square through a round hole. the less you have on the bottom the less you have to hang up on. Thats why most aftermarket chassis are narrower. But they still keep it pretty much a square bottom. My narrow boat sided chassis for my old ax-10 worked so well i can't wait to put it on my berg. It will be awsome.
I got my idea from the full size comp buggys.. They started going narrower. boat sideing as much as they could. Its nice with the ax-10 and berg you can go as narrow and boat side as much as you want. the more you do the less you can catch on. So im my opionion chassis dose make a diffrence on both. And the current marketed chassis you are still trying to fit a square peg through a round hole.
That my oberservation.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:00 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Well my wife just told me I have a mind like a woman. I just went and pre ordered the new Losi 1/10th crawler. I dont have much time to build anything right now I figured I will gt a set of bully axles this summer to bild over Christmas break. I loo forward to meeting you guys and playing and learning a thing or 2 from you. Well Thanks.
Scott

Last edited by boisetrucker; 02-01-2009 at 08:56 PM.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:10 PM   #10
RCC Addict

yeah the losi is cool so congrats!!!! if you ever come through Dietrich, stop by, i'll take you too some killer courses.
slowngreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 08:13 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

try to make it out to the fun crawl this next weekend if you can. table rock at 10 am.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:54 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Yeah I would like that but I am on my way to Los Angeles right now and I am not sure where to after that.