RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Idaho (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/idaho/)
-   -   lipos (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/idaho/161927-lipos.html)

chevy4life 02-17-2009 03:23 PM

lipos

hey anyone out there got some info on lipos? Im looking to get one for my ax10 and a charger that will do lipos and my stick packs.any help is apriciated. so far i've been thinking of a maxamps one but I dont know what charger to get.also how long do they take to charge.

slowngreen 02-17-2009 03:47 PM

personally, ive been through 4 maxamps, and fast! nothing but bad luck with them. what esc are you using? that will help us point you in the right direction of what cell count you can use. im using a Venom Pro charger and its very nice, remember on the charger, you get what you pay for. not always the same on lipo's though, ive been running cheap hong kong 4s on my brushless buggy without any problems with them. im running 3s EC Power lipo's on all my crawlers right now, kinda big foot print but they were cheap and have lasted very well.

kasper 02-17-2009 04:11 PM

I have a couple different lipos 2c and 3c with 25 discharge rate i am new to lipos so cant tell ya whats good and whats bad but everyone has there own opionions on each that doesnt make them gooder then the others yes i said gooder

slowngreen 02-17-2009 04:21 PM

true, very true...but for sure there are definate guidlines i guess is the word that you should follow to have a good setup, not necasaraly (how the?) brands but other aspects as well...im just saying buying a very expensive lipo doesnt make it "gooder" than a cheap one.

chip cross 02-17-2009 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slowngreen (Post 1630046)
buying a very expensive lipo doesnt make it "gooder" than a cheap one.

Very well put my young son. :-P

slowngreen 02-17-2009 05:00 PM

Chip get out of the Idaho section! lol just playin dad, your welcome in my town almost any time.

chip cross 02-17-2009 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slowngreen (Post 1630118)
Chip get out of the Idaho section! lol just playin dad, your welcome in my town almost any time.

I hold the Ban Hammer. :-P

slowngreen 02-17-2009 05:04 PM

i hold secrets you dont want exposed!!!

chip cross 02-17-2009 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slowngreen (Post 1630128)
i hold secrets you dont want exposed!!!

Dooooooooooohhhhhhhhh !!!!!!! I thought you said you would never tell ?????

Shurp 02-17-2009 05:16 PM

I'll be watching closely too. I've only dealt with NiMH and I don't know why I have such an adversion to lipo... except flaming death maybe? ;)

I've got an 18v Black and Decker drill that I've had for several years and it's got a NiMH pack. That thing last forever and I rarely have to charge it. So from my frame of reference, crawlers aren't that much different (low speed, high torque) than a drill.

Size and weight are a factor, but I'm trying to put on some weight anyway, so why should I go to lipo?

Shurp 02-19-2009 05:21 PM

After re-reading that I think I should clarify by saying that I'd like to hear reasons why I _should_ switch to lipo versus nimh. :)

JUSTCUZ 02-20-2009 08:08 AM

We like them mostly because you get a lot more wheel speed out of the three cells if your speed control is lipo friendly. Plus I like the compact size, finding a place for six cell packs down low is kind of a pain. But if you like your NiMh packs stay with what works for you!