Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Idaho

Notices

Thread: New guy in town

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2010, 09:54 PM   #1

Default New guy in town

Hey guys my father and I just moved to boise and were wondering how big the crawler scene is out here and are wondering where are some good spots. my dad is about to give up the hobby if I dont find somewhere to use these bad boys we have gotten way to into these to let it go so help me out here!!!!!! please!!!!!!!!
crawlinround is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2010, 08:29 AM   #2

Welcome to Boise. We have some great crawling spots here. The closest one is Tablerock, unfortunatley they close the road until March or April. The best spots are a few miles out of town like Celebration Park, Swan Falls, and Jump Creek.

Be patient the weather will come around and we'll be out in full force. I'm going to get a scaler in the next couple of weeks so are a few other guys. we are all getting ready for the great thaw out and getting some crawling done.

Keep your eyes on the forum and we will be having some comps coming soon.
Jeff Mills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 08:41 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

crawlingaround,
welcome to Boise. I am with Jeff, there are actually quite a few good areas to crawl, but it'll get better and busier as we warm up here this spring.

Right now Swan Falls is a good bet, it is south of Kuna and it has enough rock to keep you busy for a long time, comp or scaler...

Jeff, really, really glad to hear there are some comps in the works. Let me know if I can help out, I'd love to if I can swing it (school schedule is really busy this semester).
mmbackpacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 12:16 PM   #4

We will take you up on the help. We need to have a meeting and get things back on line for a great crawling season.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:23 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

ok im ready to do some crawling out playing in the snow this morning with the scaler
JeepersCreepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:00 PM   #6

Welcome aboard! Keep an eye out; there are quite a few of us around. People just kind of quietly get together now and then, but it is hard to coordinate a good group. I'll try to post up far in advance of going out just to let you all know when I'm heading out.
Shurp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:28 PM   #7
RCC Addict

the course at dewey's is coming along they put in a bridge today and looks awesome theres only one guy working on it but he has a good eye for detail it is starting to take shape and looks like it's going to be a kick azz course.i forgot your name but you know who you are if you need any help hit me up i live close by .
warriorsimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:38 PM   #8

ha thanks a bunch guys now I just got to get the old man out of the house when this snow goes away. I have one other quick question which is bigger out here comp crawlin or scalers. My father and I are both runnin brand new comp rigs and would love to put em against people
Old 01-31-2010, 09:56 PM   #9

You'll probably see more action and larger groups with comps. Not really my cup o' tea, so...
Shurp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 11:09 PM   #10

Keep the comp rigs, you'll have plenty of time to beat us up this summer. Scalers are definitely on the rise though.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:50 PM   #11

awesome thanks I will definatley try and get the old man out any of you guys in boise and willing to meet up at some point and crawl??