RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Idaho (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/idaho/)
-   -   Stick Chassis Legal? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/idaho/249517-stick-chassis-legal.html)

Jeff Mills 05-13-2010 10:21 PM

Stick Chassis Legal?

I was informed that stick chassis are NOT legal. I can't find any documentation in the offical rules of this. Can someone post a link proving that the stick is in fact illegal? Just wondering if I need to start over. Thanks.

JUSTCUZ 05-14-2010 05:41 PM

I went through the 2010 USRCCA rules and all I found on chassis requirements is this. SECTION 2: VEHICLE REQUIREMENTS

2.1.3 - Bodied vehicles: Any support Chassis allowed.

So I would say you are fine to run your stick. "thumbsup"

DeaDShorT 05-14-2010 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Mills (Post 2453674)
I was informed that stick chassis are NOT legal. I can't find any documentation in the offical rules of this. Can someone post a link proving that the stick is in fact illegal? Just wondering if I need to start over. Thanks.

What class are you running? Super has a minimum wheelbase of 16" and a maximum of 18". Stick chassis will need to run a LEGAL body:

http://www.usrcca.com/rules/2010_USRCCA_Rules.pdf

2.2 - Class 1 - Super Crawler Class:
o
2.2.1 - Vehicle wheelbase is limited to a minimum of 16 inches and a maximum of 18 inches.

o
2.2.2 - No limits to steering configuration.

o
2.2.3 - Bodied vehicles must be 3” minimum height on sides. No less than 12.5” total length and full original
width, and no less than 5” in center.

o
2.2.4 - Super class bodiless 12" overall length, 3" overall width, and 3.75" overall height.

o
2.2.5 -Vehicle is limited to a minimum 3.2 inch wheels/rims or larger at the bead surface. Wheels may be
modified provided that the tire bead surface is not less than 3.2 inches in diameter. Tires may be modified from

other sized tires using only a pliable rubber.

I hope that information helps."thumbsup"

JUSTCUZ 05-14-2010 06:00 PM

Sorry! Missed the most important part. 2.2 PRO :ror:

DeaDShorT 05-14-2010 06:09 PM

You'll need a body and wheelbase/trackwidth that measures to the following specs :

2.3 - Class 2 – Class 2.2
:

o
2.3.1 - Vehicle wheelbase is limited to a maximum of 12.5 inches.

o
2.3.2 - Vehicle track width is limited to a maximum of 12.5 inches. This is determined by measuring
the bottom of the outer most edge of the front and rear tires while the vehicle is sitting on level ground.

o
2.3.3 - Vehicle is limited to 2.2 inch wheels/rims or smaller at the bead surface. Wheels may be modified provided
that the tire bead surface does not exceed 2.2 inches in diameter. With a tire mounted no exterior component of the
wheel including but not limited to the bead lock ring shall exceed 2.55". Tires may be modified from other sized tires
using only a pliable rubber but must not exceed a total uncompressed outer diameter of 6 inches.

o
2.3.4 - Vehicles are limited to 2-wheel steering only.

o
2.3.5 - 2.2 Crawler class bodiless 8" overall length, 3" overall width, and 3.75" overall height.

o
2.1.6 - Bodied vehicles must be 3” minimum height on sides. No less than 12.5”

total length and full original width, and no less than 5” in center.

666 05-14-2010 06:17 PM

Must be a local thing. It does not say anywhere in USRCCA rules you can not run a stick chassis. Who told you can't? Have you or them ever read the rules?

Jeff Mills 05-14-2010 07:35 PM

Yeah I've read the rules many times and was very confused when I was informed that I was running an illegal chassis.??? Been running it locally for almost 2 years, guess I will "stick" with it then.:lmao:

Thanks for the input guys.

DeaDShorT 05-14-2010 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Mills (Post 2453674)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 666 (Post 2454777)
Must be a local thing. It does not say anywhere in USRCCA rules you can not run a stick chassis. Who told you can't? Have you or them ever read the rules?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Mills (Post 2454869)
Yeah I've read the rules many times and was very confused when I was informed that I was running an illegal chassis.??? Been running it locally for almost 2 years, guess I will "stick" with it then.:lmao:

Thanks for the input guys.

Most likely someone not aware of the rules, or they are afraid of competing against something a little outside the norm. I say go STICK it to them in the comps"thumbsup"

208BrAnDo 05-15-2010 06:40 AM

Looks like you have your answer already Jeff, but I seen this.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by xirtic (Post 912555)
There is NO rule against stick chassis. The newest rule for 2010 states that the truck WB can not exceed 12.5" thru the entire suspension travel cycle. In the past, the WB had to be at 12.5" when the truck was at rest on its suspension. That allowed for trucks to "stretch" to almost 13" WB in some cases....thus exceeding the 12.5" of allowed WB. Since stick chassis cannot "stretch", as long as the WB is at or under 12.5", they are definitely legal. ALSO, the body on that chassis must also conform to the standard body dimensions outlined in the USRCRC 2010 rules. (12.5" long, 5" wide, and 3" tall....or greater in dimensions)...bodiless design does not apply to this class of chassis.

Some clubs may complain that the Stick Chassis can be an unfair advantage due to it's huge ground clearance, but this design also has it's problems in that the suspension travel is often LESS than a traditional TVP design, and unless you get the stick mounted as close to the motors as possible, there is a noticeable ammount of axle swing. The club that I crawl with here has 7 or 8 Stick Chassis based trucks at this time.

I have been in conversation with some of the organizers of the upcoming Battlegrounds 2 and Rox Around the Clox events, and nothing has been said about this chassis being disqualified. I did not directly ask that question, but I sent this design to one of them (he is also the machinist for some of my FOR SALE parts) and he saw no issues with it. At this time, I would have to say that the Stick Chassis is definitely still legal.

Duckdogs14 05-15-2010 07:55 AM

Alright Jeff, I will let you off the hook :flipoff:

ba450crf 05-16-2010 12:38 PM

He was just trying to get your panties all ruffled up!:lmao: