Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Idaho

Notices

Thread: McCall Crawl on the Cliffs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2010, 05:06 PM   #21
Pebble Pounder

I will be coming up Sat morning and going home that evening. Bringing the wife and grand daughter. Should be fun.
DinoCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2010, 10:25 AM   #22
Pebble Pounder

The actual parking area at the site is marked as Day use Only. Not sure if that means you cannot pop tent in the general area. It is still pretty muddy in some areas and the bugs are alive. There is a camping spot right on the lake just down the road called Firemans Point, but it is small and popular so it may be taken. There are lots of spots along the river towards Burgdorf and an actual forest service camp facility, Northwest Passage campground. The site is about 25min from downtown McCall driving either way around the lake. I will post a map.
Tekin Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:50 AM   #23

Good info Jim. Thank you
Duckdogs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 05:58 PM   #24
RCC Addict

i am going to be stationed there to fight fires ,leaving on sunday and will be around all summer except when fighting fires out of mc call hope to see you all sometime during the summer. is there any rc shops in mccall?
warriorsimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 10:36 AM   #25

Nope, no hobby shops. But there is one stop light to contend with!
Old 05-30-2010, 07:48 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Wish I could make it back to McCall, that crawling spot was pretty awesome and The Tekin crew is super cool. It was nice meeting you guys last summer when I was there, hope to be back for a big event there someday.

4VRYNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:47 PM   #27
Pebble Pounder

Here is a map to the location. Looks like it could be wet

We need to pick a time. I am guessing 11am or noon ready to walk up on the rocks and get started pending the weather.
Attached Images

Old 06-02-2010, 03:04 PM   #28
Pebble Pounder

we usually try to be crawling by 10:00-10:30 that way anybody that is heading home sat. night can get out befor its to late.kinda depends on how long you plan to be there.
chevy4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:26 PM   #29
Pebble Pounder

I am good with any time for meeting up. We are already here and do not have to drive

So 10:30am good with everyone? This is an exploring trip to scout out lines for a real comp. People can stay as long as they like or leave anytime. I am sure we will set some courses. In fact that may be the idea to break into teams to set courses and then run them all.

Sounds like a few may even be here Fri night.

Last edited by Tekin Prez; 06-02-2010 at 03:32 PM.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:59 PM   #30
Pebble Pounder

I will be driving up Saturday morning and will be there about 11 or so.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:18 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

I plan on being there on saturday morning around 9 just to hangout and check out the location. I was thinking about going friday night but no fun camping on my own and I will probably be working late anyways. Looking forward to it though, rain or shine
ZNO-RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 07:06 AM   #32

We still on Jim? Weather is kinda iffy down here. Also heard the lake is flooding over Warren Wagon road? Let us know whats up and a reschedule is fine with us.
Jeff Mills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 01:43 PM   #33
Pebble Pounder

Looks rained out

Most rain I have ever seen in McCall the last few days. I hear the road is closed from both sides and we cannot even get there. I have to go look obviously and I might be able to do some real rockcrawling right on the road.

If anyone will be up here July 4th weekend we can pick a time then.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:55 PM   #34
Pebble Pounder

That's a shame. The weather on the internet shows Sarturday being the only day without rain but if we can't get there what good is it.
Old 06-04-2010, 03:04 PM   #35

is that the only place with rocks up their? How about the pit on the other side of the airport where everyone sleds in the winter? I have never been there without snow but I am sure my ass landed on a few rocks beneath the snow before
Old 06-04-2010, 07:09 PM   #36
Pebble Pounder

There are rocks everywhere…. But we have really been scouting places with good parking and access for the event in the future. If anyone makes the trip post it here and I will check in tonight and in the morning.

Top of lickcreek summit is also pretty cool and it will not be muddy because there is no dirt, pretty much rock as far as you can see like a moonscape. Not bad for a hike and crawl follow the leader. It is 30min from town and the road may be a mess. Tonight is suppose to be the heavy rains so everything is going to be a sloppy mess at best.

We did not find many decent spots around town, but anywhere there are black rocks poking out in the forest lines can be made. Bear Basin has a lot of potential as well, but nothing compares to the park and spend the day at the cliffs we want to go to.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:38 PM   #37

like you said Jim, it might be better to postpone this. If we ever get a summer, we can put something together when you got time. Do you still plan on coming down to Boise for the Pro race w/RC hobbies? If so I will meet up with you their. Thanks for your efforts for trying to get something together for all of us city folk
Old 06-05-2010, 09:38 AM   #38
Pebble Pounder

Yes we will be in Boise for the RCpro series race. I might even come tommorrow for the club race if someone can verify there are no puddles on the track and we are ready to roll.
Old 06-05-2010, 01:46 PM   #39

The track is runnable at this time but their is rain in the forecast for Sunday =(
Old 06-05-2010, 07:52 PM   #40
Pebble Pounder

Of course it was really nice today Nicest day we have had in some time, but the road was still closed so we could not have gotten there anyway.