Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Idaho

Notices

Thread: Axial West Coast Championships "LCQ" Who's going??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2010, 12:57 PM   #1

Default Axial West Coast Championships "LCQ" Who's going??

Who here is going to follow my Son & I to this comp??? Come on guy's. I have a camp site that anyone is welcome to throw a tent or trailer up at. Going to leave June 22nd or super early on 23rd to chatch the Scale Comp on Thursday morning. Also there is an In-N-Out burger in Reno

http://awccqlcq.eventbrite.com/
Duckdogs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2010, 01:46 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Randy, Tekin team manager, may be going and might be pulling his toyhauler. This is one of THE crawler events. Ty and I are unfortunately are going to miss it due to other commitments.

We did recently sign Scott Hughes and Brad Dumont of Axial to run Tekin systems. They will be rolling the new XR10 at the event.

Tekin Prez
Tekin Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 04:24 PM   #3

Do you know where they are staying? I Need to run that new Axial! I have one on order I hope you fire up the drawing board on making this XR10 run a special system from Tekin Thanks for the info Jim. I will introduce myself to Randy and discuss my future contract with you too
Old 05-26-2010, 04:32 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

All the Axial guys are running 2 FxR units and 55t motors. They tell me the gearing is taller and the lower turn motors are not needed. I am sure Scott will be easy to find and happy to show off the new rig since he is one of the Axial front men and that is his job
Old 05-27-2010, 07:46 AM   #5

So Jim, Is that the best set-up on this new rig? 2 fxr units instead of a punk dig or equivalent?
Old 05-27-2010, 07:53 AM   #6

Jim,

Last night I installed a dig & made many adjustments on my new bully crawler after some initial problems at last weekends comp, and its maiden voyage on the rocks. I purchased a FxR pro on this crawler instead of the FxR on my Axial crawler (Son's now) I know there are more adjustment points with this ESC but is there a disadvantage I might have over a less expensive FxR?
Old 05-27-2010, 10:46 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

FxR and FxR pro have the same features. The FxRpro just has 2 power boards, twice the fets, to handle more power and stay cooler.

There some advantages to using 2 esc's that people may take advantage of in the future. We have team drivers that do it with 2 B1R units which are very small. I think people are doing a little of everything which is part of what makes crawling cool.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:46 AM   #8

I think I read between the lines and I think I can invision the use of that at a later date