Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Idaho

Notices

Thread: north idaho scalers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2010, 10:15 PM   #1

Default north idaho scalers

im a noob to the crawling world but have a honcho to play with. wondering if anyone in the north idaho area has any get togethers or any sick trails?
jenky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2010, 04:01 PM   #2
bsn
Quarry Creeper

Corbin Park has the best straigh rock crawling areas. I have a couple vids on my youtube page under bsn7079. The Canfield trail access off East Mountain Vista Drive is nice for more trail with spaced out rocks. I have heard that the park over off Spokane Street on the south side of the Spokane River in Post Falls is good for scale crawlers also.
bsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 04:06 PM   #3
bsn
Quarry Creeper

There is also a EWRCRC comp at corbin this weekend at Corbin Park. I was going to go watch and bring my Honcho to mess around with.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:03 PM   #4

ok i may have to check that out. is there any groups that go out that you know of?
Old 10-14-2010, 11:12 PM   #5
bsn
Quarry Creeper

No groups that I have had any real luck with so far. I go to corbin pretty regulaly and have yet to see anyone else out there.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:55 PM   #6

o that sucks. is there a lot to crawl there?
Old 10-17-2010, 06:44 PM   #7
bsn
Quarry Creeper

Lots of rock and line to choose from. I run my scaler on and am still finding different sections to run.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:15 PM   #8

sounds pretty sick. is corbin the one next to the spocompton river past postfalls a little bit? and what are the titles of your vids on youtube of you crawling there?
Old 10-20-2010, 12:25 AM   #9
bsn
Quarry Creeper

Here are my two vids. To get to Corbin, you take the Pleasant View exit (Cabela's / Outlet Mall) and turn south, then turn east at the light, then go down about 1/2 mile to the turn to the south to Corbin Park. I usualy park at the east end of the park. The crawling starts from there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQEZ_oFfdzA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8cztksp5RE

I went out today around 5:00. Everything was going good until I hit the reverse while trying to climb up on a rock and lauched my axial into the river. Its running now but it sunk into about 2 feet of water. Luckly it didn't fall a few feet farther or it would have been in the current and down the river.
Old 10-20-2010, 03:38 PM   #10

sicks vids! i want to go there even more now ha and your rig is a lot nicer than mine too. did you build the bumper and back cage?
Old 10-21-2010, 10:52 AM   #11
bsn
Quarry Creeper

First Draft Tube Bed for Scale Nationals

This is the short build thread that I put together before I took it over to Scale Nationals and then rebuilt it after. I did all the metal work myself in my basement.

I am going to be going out to Corbin next weekend for sure for a while. I will let you know when if you want to come out and try it.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:18 PM   #12

sounds like your pretty legit into this stuff. ha i just got my honcho like a month ago.

but ya let me know if your going out there. i have only one battery of right now so i couldnt stay too long. would you make a bumber and possibly a rear cage to sell?
Old 10-27-2010, 10:09 AM   #13
bsn
Quarry Creeper

I will be out at Corbin Park on Saturday afternoon for a couple of hours. I figure I will be out there around 1:00 or earlier depending on the weather. I have an extra 5000mh 6cell nimh batter that I can charge if you run low. I am running lipos in mine.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:08 PM   #14

this sat? or was that for last? but im running a lipo too but just havent got any money saved up to buy a couple more
Old 10-28-2010, 08:41 PM   #15
bsn
Quarry Creeper

The 30th is when I will be out.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:44 PM   #16

damn, ill be moose hunting that day. so some other time, except for the snow is coming
Old 10-30-2010, 04:57 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Been trying to get people together for over five years now, but people up here refuse to be organized. I am still looking for help keeping the web site alive. Looking for a new site host at the moment. I know people have busy lives and other hobbies, but I will hang in there. Maybe next season will be the charm? Keep in touch guys...
themerc64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 07:20 PM   #18
bsn
Quarry Creeper

Weather permitting I will probably be out at Corbin tomorrow. I went today for a few minutes but got called off to golf.
Old 12-19-2010, 01:16 PM   #19

I live in Rathdrum Id

Havent had a rockcrawler in a whille but will be buying one soon, gotta figure out which, rs-10 or the new mad torque if it gets upgrade support of course.

anyhow, once i do the snow wont stop me, but of course I think Ill be moving to gillette wyoming Jan. 31 to work for the railroad there. but will ultimatly come back home.
TheRockguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 01:24 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRockguy View Post
I live in Rathdrum Id

Havent had a rockcrawler in a whille but will be buying one soon, gotta figure out which, rs-10 or the new mad torque if it gets upgrade support of course.

anyhow, once i do the snow wont stop me, but of course I think Ill be moving to gillette wyoming Jan. 31 to work for the railroad there. but will ultimatly come back home.
Hey man I live in Sandpoint Idaho and our New Hobby Shop has a RC Rock Crawler mountain. Its pretty fun. I run my honcho on it all the time. Running water and real rocks and sticks. But the water wont hurt your truck dont worry. Maybe you should try it out sometime. Every wednesday night is crawler night. Theyre open from 10-5
KrazyKrawler48 is offline   Reply With Quote