Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Idaho

Notices

Thread: 2011 Rock Mafia Competition Series I

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2011, 08:59 PM   #61
Quarry Creeper

I wish I had time to stop, I was just in McCall on Vacation, I think I saw you guys on Sunday by the bridge on Eastside Drive. I even brought my scaler. Very bummed but the wife wanted to get some lunch.
4VRYNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2011, 11:24 PM   #62
Quarry Creeper

The next comp that is part of the series is Sept 18 on Table Rock. The next comp for fun is tomorrow at Black Canyon Dam.

Sent from my DROIDX
ZNO-RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:11 AM   #63
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4VRYNG View Post
I wish I had time to stop, I was just in McCall on Vacation, I think I saw you guys on Sunday by the bridge on Eastside Drive. I even brought my scaler. Very bummed but the wife wanted to get some lunch.
Yep that was us. We were haveing our Tough Truck Chalenges there. Hill climb, Frame Twister up on the hill, and Tug-A-War down on the road. It was alot of fun.

What are you running for a scaler?
DinoCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:51 PM   #64
Quarry Creeper

Default Comp 5 - Table Rock

Alright Guys Comp 5 of the 2011 Series is this coming weekend.

We went up this last weekend to scout out the area and get a feel for where we want to set the course at. We set one course over the weekend in chalk so anyone that has a chance to go practice this week I highly recommend doing so. The course is set up on the left side of the towers as you are walking toward the cross.

As for the location of the Courses for this weekend we will be setting courses right under the Cross on the end of the rock. As always everyone is welcome and we encourage any new comers to be out there to run with us even if you have not competed in any of the other series events. The competition is close though and and very competitive with a great group of guys and girls it is always a fun time.

Date: 9/18/11
Time: 9:30-10:00am Signups
10:00am First Course Starts
After running Course 1 & 2 we will take a 20 min break for lunch and Run Course 3 right after Lunch.
Who: Anyone
Competitors should have a 2.2 Crawler that meets the USRCCA Rules.
All Spectators are welcome in case you are not ready to run yet or want to bring the family.

The Scores for the first 4 Comps in the Series are close if you take out your worst scores so bring your A Games and we will have a great time. Remember to bring food and drinks! We will have our shade set up in the parking lot for anyone that needs to get out of the sun. See you there!!
Old 09-18-2011, 11:08 PM   #65
Quarry Creeper

Im uploading all the pic I got (some not taken by me too.) on znorc.com
Im just going to put them all there incase anyone wants to coppy some off.
later Ill clean up the not so good shots.

Had a lot of fun, but I hurt prety bad, so I may not be able to get them all up there tonight... (there are over 100 pics dont even know if I can post them all. if not Then Ill just have to do the best ones.)

& i tryed to get some of everyone, but since I was late getting there I misssed some of the first corse. then broke the truck before #3 & had to wrench again before #4.

All in all I think I inproved overwhat I did @ the first fun crawl. But I still need to tweek the truck, buy a higher torque servo when I can, & a few other things. Oh & get more practice! (this was only my second real drive with the truck

Last edited by airdreams1; 09-18-2011 at 11:18 PM.
airdreams1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 05:11 PM   #66
Quarry Creeper

Excellent job Airdreams considering you are so new. The courses have gotten a lot harder and you are trying to run with some very capable MOA's which hard with a shaft driven car. Keep practicing and we will see you at the next comp. And nice pics.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:34 PM   #67
Quarry Creeper

Here was the lineup for Comp 5 in the 2011 Mafia Series.

Course 1

PRO Drivers-
Mike 18
Thomas 32
Bryan A. 1
Chris -6
Froadr 30
Dino 30
Brian W 28
Jeff G 24
Jeff M 30
Mitchell 32

Sport Drivers-
Lance 36

Course 2

PRO Drivers-
Mike 1
Thomas 24
Bryan A. 22
Chris -1
Froadr 26
Dino 28
Brian W 28
Jeff G 38
Jeff M -12
Mitchell 22

Sport Drivers-
Lance 26

Course 3

PRO Drivers-
Mike 28
Thomas 3
Bryan A. 9
Chris 26
Froadr 28
Dino 0
Brian W 24
Jeff G 40
Jeff M -28
Mitchell 26

Sport Drivers-
Lance 30

Course 4

PRO Drivers-
Mike 28
Thomas 6
Bryan A. 26
Chris -4
Froadr 22
Dino 8
Brian W 32
Jeff G 40
Jeff M -28
Mitchell 40

Sport Drivers-
Lance 30

Final Linup-

1- Jeff M 2
2- Chris 15
3- Bryan A 57
4- Thomas 65
5- Dino 66
6- Mike 75
7- Froadr 106
8- Brian W. 112
9- Mitchell 120
10- Jeff G 142

Sportsman
1- Lance 122

Great Day of Crawling Guys Thanks for the Turnout and bearing with us for the long day. We are looking forward to the final Comp to end the 2011 Series. Keep Checking in as we are planning something big for this event. And I had mentioned changing the final event from Comp and Scale to Just Comp but after discussing it we decided to stay with our original plan of doing both Comp and Scale in the same weekend. However we will be scoring 2 Courses simotaniously to make it run a little faster with less down time.

To see all your scores and the lineup with your worst scores removed you can visit ZNO-RC.com in the Events Section and Lance has posted a lot of pics in the Gallery if anyone is looking for pics.

Last edited by ZNO-RC; 09-20-2011 at 08:32 AM.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:07 PM   #68
Quarry Creeper

Default Comp 6 - The Reynolds Creek 2011 Series Finale

First I wanted to start by saying sorry for the delay getting this up here guys.

Here are the details for this coming weekends Final Comp.

When: October 15th
Signups - 9:00 am
Competition - 10:00 am

Where: Reynolds Creek (Near the Hemmingway Motorcycle Park)
<http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=43.277018,-116.657724&spn=0.041368,0.090551&t=m&z=14&vpsrc=6>

Who: Anyone that would like to compete. We encourage anyone with a Comp Crawler to come out and see what you can do. Also bring the families it is also fun to watch.

What:

Series Finale will have 3 Courses and we will run all 3 before lunch. We will take a lunch break and tally the Scores for the Series and name the top 5 Drivers who will go on to run 2 more Courses to Name the Don of Our Idaho Rock Mafia. The Top 5 Drivers will have there choice of running order for the last 2 Courses Depending on there place in the Series.

Thanks to Jeff for supplying the Club with a traveling Trophy to go to the top driver after the end of each years Series.

Also Following the Comp we will have our awards ceremony and Pictures of the Club for 2011. After the Awards Ceremony we will take a dinner break and Start running the Godfather Scale Challenge. We will have a bon fire for those that want to camp with us and we will be hanging out all weekend. If you can come out for the whole weekend we highly encourage it as it will be a lot of fun. The Camp Location is large and we will be competing within walking distance of Camp so it will be fun for the whole Family/Club

Last edited by ZNO-RC; 10-09-2011 at 09:10 PM.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:41 AM   #69
Quarry Creeper

For those that were worried about how far it was to this comp spot it only took my brother and I an hour and fifteen minutes to get there on Saturday from Emmett which is the same amount of time it takes to get to Celebration Park.

Here are my directions from Dans Ferry.

After coming down Hwy 45 from Nampa you will see Dans Ferry on your Left Down by the Snake river.

Go accross the Snake River and bear left at the fork in the road to stay on Hwy 45. About 1/2 mile past the fork you will see Upper Reynolds Creek Road on your right. Turn Right on Upper Reynolds Creek.

Follow Upper Reynolds Creek road for 4.5 miles. You will pass through a Cattle Ranch and Pass through the Hemmingway Riding Area. Continue the 4.5 miles and you will see our ZNO-RC Sign posted by the road. The Camp area is free and you will see our 24' White Trailer with SkyHook Posted on the side.

If you have any questions on how to get there. Just let me know and I will get you directions from where you are.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:58 PM   #70
Quarry Creeper

Default Comp 6 of 6 & Series Finale Update

OK guys I know this is last minute but after discussing this with Thomas and Dean we have decided to through another spot into the Comp for this coming Saturday. To make it fair for the New Comers and those that couldn't make it to all the Comps resulting in a poor standing even though there driving skills have improved greatly, we have decided to make the First 3 courses on Saturday Morning both a Last Chance Qualifier (LCQ) and the Comp #6 of the Series. The final placing of the 3 courses will determine the final stats of the Series. The top 5 competitors of the Series will be elidgable for the Finale. However the person that gets First Place in the 3 LCQ Courses will automatically get into the Finale regardless of his placing in the Series. Our thinking on this is that we want everyone to have a chance to come out and compete for a chance to become the Best Crawler in the Rock Mafia. With that in mind if First Place in the First 3 Courses was already one of the Top 5 than we will only have 5 Drivers for the Finale.

So to some it up bring your A Game and come compete. The Don of the Rock Mafia will be named this weekend and it could be You!!
Old 10-15-2011, 12:46 PM   #71
Quarry Creeper

Sorry I couyldnt make it. I got everything all packed & ready to come out & play, but woke up sick this morning.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:38 PM   #72
Quarry Creeper

Wow what a weekend! Great Courses 1-3 and thanks to Thomas and Larry for going above and beyond for the Finale Courses. Just a ton of fun and great competition.

Here is a link to the Final Series Scores and the Finale Scores to Name the 2011 Don of the Rock Mafia Mr. Jeff Mills.
Rockmafia 2011 Comp

Also as his son this is really tough but Congradulations to the most improved driver who pulled out a first for the Day in the Series and a 2nd Place overall for the Final Series Standing. Very impressive Dino.

I have some pics that we will get up here and on ZNO-RC.com soon from some of the Comp Days and the final Rock Mafia Group shots.

Thanks again everyone for a great weekend and all your participation. We do it because you keep competeing. As soon as we can schedule it we are going to do an open house day at the Shop and an awards ceremony for the 2011 Series. We look forward to seeing you guys again soon.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:53 PM   #73
Quarry Creeper

Name:  SN157071 small.JPG
Views: 103
Size:  84.7 KB
Name:  SN157079 small.JPG
Views: 103
Size:  87.0 KB
Name:  SN157081 small.JPG
Views: 98
Size:  108.2 KB

Final 3

1) Jeff Mills - XR10 BJV4 Carbon Fiber

2) Dino - XR10 BJV4 Carbon Fiber

3) Chris - XR10 BWD Mantis Chassis
Old 10-20-2011, 10:33 PM   #74
Quarry Creeper

im so bumed that I couldnt make it...... & Im still sick! What ever it was its trying to move down & become some sort of respetory infection...