Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Idaho

Notices

Thread: Summer Idaho Rock Mafia Weekday Comps

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2011, 09:48 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Summer Idaho Rock Mafia Weekday Comps

To give a good variety of competitions we are planning on competing every other week throughout the summer on one of the weekdays. These comps won't count towards the 2011 Series and will be strictly fun comps. Its a great opportunity to come out and tune your car and get some practice driving.

The first comp will be thursday 6/16 at 630 on bogus basin road. If I remember right it is about 8 miles past the last stop sign at the bottom of the mountain. You will see a pile of rocks and a pull out on the right.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Sent from my DROIDX
ZNO-RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2011, 10:14 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Hey guys had a great time last week at the first weekday comp. Nice turnout to. Special Congrats to Mitchell for an awesome run and a first place finish for the day.

With all the new cars being built I have a feeling these comps will get to be more popular for tuning our cars and seeing what they can do. It was amazing seeing the difference in our runs since the last time we went to bogus and now. The courses are a lot harder and our cars are making them look easy. Nice job everyone on all your builds and crawlers it should be a fun summer.

The next Comp is going to be next week on Bogus Basin again Thursday 6/30 at 6:30-7:00pm. I know this is a long way from the guys in Canyon County but the only locations we can think of for mid week crawls are Bogus and Larry's backyard. We are up for suggestions if anyone knows of other places to go midweek. We have checked out Star by the River but the gaps are to large and the faces are to steep for a comp. Other than that we have tried Table Rock but we would have to hike in since they close the gate at 8pm. Let me know what you guys think.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:24 PM   #3

ive crawled at the star rocks a few times and it would be alot of work to fill in those huge gaps. Ill look around to see if I can find a closer spot for us to crawl at. Also I think we should look into when they stop closing the gates up at table rock. Supposedly they stop doing it during the summer
NorthwestYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 03:47 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNO-RC View Post
Hey guys had a great time last week at the first weekday comp. Nice turnout to. Special Congrats to Mitchell for an awesome run and a first place finish for the day.

With all the new cars being built I have a feeling these comps will get to be more popular for tuning our cars and seeing what they can do. It was amazing seeing the difference in our runs since the last time we went to bogus and now. The courses are a lot harder and our cars are making them look easy. Nice job everyone on all your builds and crawlers it should be a fun summer.

The next Comp is going to be next week on Bogus Basin again Thursday 6/30 at 6:30-7:00pm. I know this is a long way from the guys in Canyon County but the only locations we can think of for mid week crawls are Bogus and Larry's backyard. We are up for suggestions if anyone knows of other places to go midweek. We have checked out Star by the River but the gaps are to large and the faces are to steep for a comp. Other than that we have tried Table Rock but we would have to hike in since they close the gate at 8pm. Let me know what you guys think.

maybe a new spot

ryska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:33 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Where is that it looks full of potential

Sent from my DROIDX
Old 07-23-2011, 03:29 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNO-RC View Post
Where is that it looks full of potential

Sent from my DROIDX

go to maps.google and put this in 43.543349,-116.122616 and let me know what you think you have big rocks at the bottom of the hill and the get smaller as you go up
ryska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:04 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

We will definately have to try this spot out soon. Thanks ryska.

So we are doing a fun comp this coming thursday to dust off our comp crawlers and start getting prepared for Comp 4 in McCall the end of this month. We are going to try a spot right by the Black Canyon Dam in Emmett this week that we think has a lot of potential. There are a lot of you going out of town for a long weekend but we will be doing another midweek crawl before the McCall Crawl to get in some more practice so keep checking in.

To get to this weeks crawl in Emmett take hwy 52 to Black Canyon Reservoir, you will go right past Wild Rose Park and the Dam and right at the top of the Dam on the right you will see us there. on the rock over the water.

We will be there around 6. Everyone is welcome to come out and practice and hang out. See you there
Old 08-09-2011, 09:14 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Sent from my DROIDX
Old 08-15-2011, 10:59 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Ill have to try to make it out to one of the fun crawls that are closer to me.
airdreams1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:14 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Comp this thursday 9/8 at the Black Canyon Dam in Emmett. Should be a good crowd so bring out you 2.2's and we'll see who can end up on top Comp starts at 6:15 and don't worry if your late we'll leave the courses set up.

Sent from my DROIDX
Old 09-06-2011, 10:03 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

where do u guys do ur comps at? thanks
turbocrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 12:06 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

6:15 pm? How long do they usualy last? I may try to come out..... but not if 6:15 am (I dont get up that early ) So where do I go? Ive never been out to the Black Canyon Dam.

Correct me if Im wrong, you just go out through downtown emmett & keep going? how far is it from downtown?

Last edited by airdreams1; 09-07-2011 at 12:10 AM.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:07 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Yes the Comp will be at 6:15 pm and they usually last til we cant see anymore especially with it getting dark sooner.

Here is a link to the physical location on Google Maps.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...=17&iwloc=ddw1
But your basically go through Emmett on Washington to Black Canyon Hwy, turn right on Black Canyon Hwy and go right past the dam. You will see us on the right hand side.

If you need any more help finding it give us a call at ZNO-RC (365-5772).
Old 09-07-2011, 05:11 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
where do u guys do ur comps at? thanks
I'm working on coming up with a list of all of our comp locations with GPS locations so we can all practice on the local rocks at our convience. Hopefully in the next week some time I will be able to make a new thread with all the locations.

If anyone has any input on locations in Southern Idaho I would apprecaite the information. You can email me at sales@zno-rc.com
Old 09-08-2011, 12:19 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Think i have the truck ready for its maiden voiage.
but if anyone has a way to check my C.C. BEC & AE2 esc to be sure I have it all wired & set up correctly (voltages, etc) That would be awsome! I cant aford to fry anything.

Oh & any recomndations for stuff to bring (spacific parts , tools, etc.) thanks.

Last edited by airdreams1; 09-09-2011 at 03:05 AM.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:47 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

If I were you I would bring everything. I can bring my laptop and castle link to check your bec if you would like.
thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:25 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Had a lot of fun & enjoyed meeting you all. wished I had remembered the camera. deffanatly need to do some more tweeking to tthe truck.

On a side note, I decided to drive through the large pit where parked & lost 1 point for having to reverse I realy do miss off roading in the baja!
Old 09-08-2011, 11:21 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

It was nice meeting you lance and finally getting Brian Williams on the rocks. You both did really good today and now have a few ideas to tune your cars.

So the scores for tonight were-

Dino 17
Chris 45
Mike 57
Thomas 57
Brian 66
Lance 78

Nice job team bully on completing course one when no one else could. But course two was what set the placing.

Tough courses though great for showing pros and cons in your setups thats what these nights are for.

Sent from my DROIDX