Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Idaho

Notices

Thread: Rock Mafia Godfather Scale Challenge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2011, 01:09 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Rock Mafia Godfather Scale Challenge

We are starting the first official Scale Series for Idaho this next weekend August 6 & 7th. We plan on having one comp for scalers every month throughout the year no matter the weather. There will also be other misc scale fun comps and challenges periodically that won't be part of the series so keep checking in.

The Godfather Scale Challenge will be run very similar to the very popular G6 Challenge. To check the rules visit zno-rc.com in the events section and click on the mafia emblem.

Event #1: Steck Park Aug 6&7. There will be 2 events each day and each day will be judged individually so if you cant make it for both days the one you do make it to you will have the opportunity to place for the single day. We will be running 1.9 and 2.2 and 2.2 will be running after the all the 1.9's have started.
August 6th signups: 5:30pm, 1st Course 1.9's start 6:00 pm
August 7th signups: 8:30 am, 9:00am Course 3 Starts.

As far as camping there will be a group of us staying in steck park all weekend if you want to camp the camp ground is great. Tent camping is $5/night and trailer camping is $8/night. Bring all the crawlers there are great rocks in the area for 2.2 Comp crawlers. We look forward seeing everyone there.
If you have any questions feel free to ask.
ZNO-RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2011, 09:23 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

could you possibly post a google maps link to it or something? i searched it but couldnt find where its at exactly.
i hope to see you all there, thanks.
thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:21 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Can't find the rules either...
mmbackpacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:52 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Here is a link to the steck park location. http://m.google.com/u/m/zIeAxE

Sent from my DROIDX
Old 08-03-2011, 11:02 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Here is the link to the GSC rules location http://www.zno-rc.com/store/index.ph...ew&p=rockmafia

Sent from my DROIDX
Old 08-08-2011, 12:16 PM   #6

What a good time! Thanks z-no rc for all the hard work. I would like to also thank you guys for taking this club and the comps to a new level, youre doing great.
Jeff Mills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:34 PM   #7

I second that Mr. Mills! What a great time. Thanks ZNO! Cant wait for the next one.
JUSTCUZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:22 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Now if we could just remeber to bring some spare parts.

Thanks for the great comments. As you know the credit goes to my boys. They really went all out.
DinoCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 05:33 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

ditto I had a blast!
ba450crf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:07 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Froad'r just posted the scores on the ZNO-RC website.
http://www.zno-rc.com/store/index.ph...mafia_2011_GSC
Old 08-31-2011, 09:55 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

So after the Fun Comp this last weekend in McCall and the Frame Twister we set in Steck Park we will definately need to ease up on the Challenges to make them more scale . But we are getting everything ready for the next comp in Willow Creek near Emmett. There will be alot of different styles of Challenges and Courses to put our rigs through there paces.

We are planning on a paired run like we had in Steck Park which is not timed but will be scored. Also we are going to be doing 1 Long Course which will need a lot of battery capacity or multiple battery changes so plan on that and we will be doing a Night Run starting at dusk so get your lights and undercar lights working . Sunday like usual we will have a Tough Truck Challenge with a Hill Climb, "Easier" Frame Twister, and a Sled Pull. Thats right we will be making a sled to incorporate into the Tough Truck Challenge so we wont have to do a tug awar again. Even though it was really cool to watch the Tug-A-War it was really hard on the rigs and Motors. (Sorry Brian )

The majority of the competitions will be on Saturday and the only thing that will be on Sunday will be the Tough Truck Comp. So if you only want to come out for the day that will work or you can come out for the whole weekend to hang out with us. In case you didn't notice the Location said Willow "Creek" so there will be water gates and the possiblility of getting your tires and axles wet but our goal is to make it scale so you wont be submerging your trucks (at least not on purpose ).

The Group is growing fast so plan on a good amount of competition in the 1.9 and 2.2 Classes. Look forward to seeing everyone there.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:58 AM   #12
Pebble Pounder

I will be running my Wraith in the 2.2 this time so you better have yours done Justcuz! We need to team up on Mills.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:00 PM   #13

Ill be there with my wraith in 2.2 so don't pick on the new guy to much.
MadMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:45 AM   #14

I can't wait for Moose to get out there. It's going to be a blast. Whats this team up on Mills stuff?

Jeff Mills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:20 AM   #15
Pebble Pounder

Oops did I type that out loud? I meant ummm, we need to keep up with Mills. Ya thats it.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:39 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

so whats everyone runin lately ? been awhile sence we have gone to a comp. still into it just been real busy with family and traveling alot this sommer. good to see the scaler,s taking off . tracy and i are more into scale lately rather than 2.2 comp. but still have both. going to try and come out soon as we can get some free time.been watching the forum pretty close to see how and who is doing good.
chevy4life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:59 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Good to see you on here again it has been awhile. For the Scalers we are doing a lot of different styles of comps to keep a good variety and it has been a lot of fun. We are running primarily SCX10 Honcho based Scalers as they are the most reliable and bullet proof. In the new 2.2 Scalers we have a variety of Rigs from Custom one offs to Honcho based with 2.2 wheels or the new Axial Wraiths which are becoming the most popular for this class.

In 2.2 Comp We have been building alot of new cars to compete with and they are all very amazing. We have some Bullys with the new Bodiless Chassis, Bully bodied chassis, and a lot of new XR10's with a variety of combinations from Bodied to Bodiless and the bodiless we have BJv4's, BWD Wedges, and I am trying the BWD Mantis. The Competition is good right now though and everyone is performing really good. It would be fun to get you back out on the rocks.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:06 AM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Here is a link to the location of willow creek in 2 weeks.

Big Flat Rd, Ola, ID 83657
http://m.google.com/u/m/zZ6I9K

Sent from my DROIDX
Old 09-20-2011, 08:24 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Default September 2011 Willow Creek Scale Challenge

Godfather Scale Challenge #2
Septembers - Willow Creek September 24th & 25th

Hey Guys It is time for Comp #2 of the 2011 Scale Challenge.

Where: Willow Creek (Gem County)
Big Flat Rd, Ola, ID 83657
http://m.google.com/u/m/zZ6I9K

When: Saturday- Fun Crawl and Night Run (for those that want to come out and Camp) We will be out there around Noon on Saturday.
Sunday- Scored Courses and a Lap Course. Competition will start running between 9:30 & 10:00am Sign-ups are between 9:00 & 9:30. Please try to make it out early if you cant camp so we can start running as quickly as possible.

Who: Rock Mafia Scalers and anyone else that wants to come spectate or compete. All are welcome.
What: An awesome day or weekend of Scale running and a lot of fun.

The events we have planned for the Scored event on Sunday are as follows:

-Course #1: Endurance Course - 120 Gates Sprawled over the Wilderness that will keep everyone on there toes. Time will be running and you will be on your own with your scoring buddy so bring tools and spare parts as necessary to fix your rig on the trail. Unlike before the 2.2 and 1.9's will be on the course simultaneously so it will make it run a lot faster and give even more challenge to the 2.2's to get around the 1.9's or the 1.9's to get around the 2.2's .

-Course #2: Team Challenge - You will be paired with another driver in the same class to put your rigs through there paces and help each other to conquer the challenging 40 gates in front of you. Time is not a major player in this challenge but the gates will be tough so you will need to take your time. The only thing you have to worry about though is finishing before the deadline.

-Course #3: Endura-Cross Lap Race Challenge - This will be a mix of Short Course and the Endurance Run all the 2.2's will start at the same time with a Bomb Run and then the 1.9's will start 1 min later with there Bomb Run. The course will be a certain number of laps to be determined on location.

Unfortunately we were not able to find time to make a Sled for this Comp so the Endura-Cross will be instead of the Tough Truck Comp like normal.

If anyone has any questions don't hesitate to call us at ZNO-RC or you can find the rules on our website ZNO-RC.com in the Events Section.

Last edited by ZNO-RC; 09-21-2011 at 09:55 AM.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:32 PM   #20
Pebble Pounder

how did it go with the g6
chevy4life is online now   Reply With Quote