RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Idaho (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/idaho/)
-   -   Hello Boise Idaho! (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/idaho/353013-hello-boise-idaho.html)

Agama 12-09-2011 11:39 PM

Hello Boise Idaho!

Well, after living in Denver Colorado area for the past six years, my wife and I just moved back to Boise. I got into RC crawling three years ago while in CO. Needless to say, I'm hooked. I've always loved rock crawling. I am hoping that Idaho has some fun events. Doesn't look like near the following here, yet...

I'm still unpacking and I need to get some of my rigs running. I haven't been crawling, well rc, for a few weeks now. I did take the YJ out two weekends ago and ran Carnage and a few other trails out in the Owyhee's. Anyway, my name is Dave, I'm married, we have a two year old son, and one on the way. "thumbsup"

Hope to meet some of you guys soon. "thumbsup""thumbsup"

TURTLE 12-09-2011 11:43 PM

Dave is good people, you guys take care of him."thumbsup"

NorthwestYJ 12-10-2011 09:37 AM

Glad to have another fellow YJ owner out here. I also drive a YJ "thumbsup". What guys did you run carnage with?

spyderwebbcustoms 12-10-2011 12:18 PM

Pm'ed ya my # any time I'm free most of the time. not having a job and all. so have some/alot of free time, but no $'s to play. But will help ya out as much as I can.

nick

Agama 12-10-2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TURTLE (Post 3430031)
Dave is good people, you guys take care of him."thumbsup"

Hey, thanks Ty. "thumbsup" Already missing the CO guys. I hope to make it out for a Red Rocks event, at the least.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorthwestYJ (Post 3430445)
Glad to have another fellow YJ owner out here. I also drive a YJ "thumbsup". What guys did you run carnage with?

Cool, YJ's are my favorite, 91's - 95. However, I love all Jeep's. It's a 1994, streched 5 inches, custom built Deaver leaf packs, full width Dana 44's with 4:56 gears, Detroit lockers, full hydraulic steering, 36" Bias ply Irocks, Klune V 4:1 underdrive, Dana 300 transfer case, line locks, 10,000 lb winch, disk brakes f/r, I'm sure I'm missing stuff. Anyway, it's purpose built, geared 180:1. And I'm off on Sunday's if you want to go out. Here is my cell 303-715-8835

Oh, I just noticed you asked who, not what. :)

I use to run with the Idaho Offroad Club before I moved to CO, I had a yellow Rhino lined 76 CJ-7.

We just ran the trail by ourselves, love to run with a couple of other rigs... Let me know.

spyderwebbcustoms 12-10-2011 12:27 PM

their is a custom shop there in merdian that they have a few rigs like yours, but dought it's got hydro streering on it, but looks cool out in front of their shop. never went out with them. I just have a ford short box so I'd just be watching them climb stuff.

spyderwebbcustoms 12-10-2011 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agama (Post 3430692)
Hey, thanks Ty. "thumbsup" Already missing the CO guys. I hope to make it out for a Red Rocks event, at the least.

Cool, YJ's are my favorite, 91's - 95. However, I love all Jeep's. It's a 1994, streched 5 inches, custom built Deaver leaf packs, full width Dana 44's with 4:56 gears, Detroit lockers, full hydraulic steering, 36" Bias ply Irocks, Klune V 4:1 underdrive, Dana 300 transfer case, line locks, 10,000 lb winch, disk brakes f/r, I'm sure I'm missing stuff. Anyway, it's purpose built, geared 180:1. And I'm off on Sunday's if you want to go out. Here is my cell 303-715-8835

Oh, I just noticed you asked who, not what. :)

I use to run with the Idaho Offroad Club before I moved to CO, I had a yellow Rhino lined 76 CJ-7.

We just ran the trail by ourselves, love to run with a couple of other rigs... Let me know.

on your 76 was the inside rhino'ed as well. I think I seen it in marsing. when you had it did it have a chevy 350cid in it. the guy that I worked with had one in his shop

Agama 12-10-2011 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spyderwebbcustoms (Post 3430686)
Pm'ed ya my # any time I'm free most of the time. not having a job and all. so have some/alot of free time, but no $'s to play. But will help ya out as much as I can.

nick

Cool, thanks Nick. I will give you a call. I'm in the mood to get the RC's out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spyderwebbcustoms (Post 3430699)
their is a custom shop there in merdian that they have a few rigs like yours, but dought it's got hydro streering on it, but looks cool out in front of their shop. never went out with them. I just have a ford short box so I'd just be watching them climb stuff.

I've seen that shop / jeep, running claws on it. Be fun to run with.

My old CJ, I had the entire thing Rhino lined. I sand blasted the body and took it in. I sold it on EBay to some guy in TX. I still wish I had never sold it. I was running a built I-6. Had a shop bore 30 over, and stroke the motor.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spyderwebbcustoms (Post 3430701)
on your 76 was the inside rhino'ed as well. I think I seen it in marsing. when you had it did it have a chevy 350cid in it. the guy that I worked with had one in his shop

SH!ITBIRD91 12-11-2011 01:16 AM

hi dave!do you have a short course truck?or a buggy or truck to race indoors?we are taking off the month of december for crawling due to family schedules.a few guys in the crawling club come down and race indoors on carpet at team dewey toys and hobbies in the Karcher Mall in nampa.wednesday nights and saturday nights are offroad and monday nights are on road cars if youve got one.-Shaun

Agama 12-11-2011 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SH!ITBIRD91 (Post 3432106)
hi dave!do you have a short course truck?or a buggy or truck to race indoors?we are taking off the month of december for crawling due to family schedules.a few guys in the crawling club come down and race indoors on carpet at team dewey toys and hobbies in the Karcher Mall in nampa.wednesday nights and saturday nights are offroad and monday nights are on road cars if youve got one.-Shaun

I don't have one yet... Might be time to pick something up... I wonder if the new Axial EXO will be allowed to race with the short course rigs? Or maybe a different short course or buggy / truggy... I have no idea of which one to even get. I've been so into crawlers... Do you guys race 4 wheel drive? Or only 2 wheel? Is the offroad track indoors? What time does the races start? I will have to come down and check them out. Thanks Shaun "thumbsup"

NorthwestYJ 12-11-2011 10:56 PM

I drive a 94 yj as well! Not as built unfortunately. I have an 8.8 rear end with a dana 44 front end 4.88 gears and aussie lockers front and rear. Stretched it two inches :)! hahah youv probly seen me driving around town. Id probly be down to wheel soon. Def don't have hydro steering but I did make all my links out of 1.75 .25 wall DOM :flipoff:. I need to finish bending up my cage. Im about to start linman school so cash will be tight. So hopefully I dont break anything. I used to roll with IOR as well. I kind of stopped going to their meetings over the past year though due to working too much.

SH!ITBIRD91 12-12-2011 09:53 PM

they are pretty easy going guys down there.i will ask them about the axial in the sc class.the classes down there for offroad night are short course truck, 2wd buggy and 2wd truck.the 4x4 sc's just run with the 2wd sc's.it is a carpet track with wood jumps.CONSTANT TRACTION!races start at 6:00ish.see you there wednedays or saturdays!

airdreams1 01-05-2012 03:30 PM

Re: Hello Boise Idaho!

Be prepared to destroy any rig you bring to dewies! they ron with steel baracades.... Its a tiny track & anyone can drive there....
When it warms up a bit Id be willing to go out crawling... still working on my scx10... & both ax10's have memory foams so they are rock hard this time of the year.

DinoCrawler 01-06-2012 09:01 AM

Hi Dave,

My name is Dean and am part of our local crawling club/ family. You gave a great discription of your 1:1 rig but what is your 1:10 crawling rig like? Alot of us have switched to XR10 in the last year.

We have an event coming up this month that will be both 2.2 comp and Scaler. I will double check the date but it's going to be at Celebration Park. Hope you can make it. Look forward to meeting you. "thumbsup"

DinoCrawler 01-06-2012 09:04 AM

Ok here is the info on the coming events.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/idaho...ia-2012-a.html

JUSTCUZ 01-06-2012 03:09 PM

Hey Airdreams! Dont remember seein you at Dewies. We run there most Wednesday's in the winter and have since they started. We break an a-arm once in a while but ive had the same truck for as long as sc10's have been available still going strong... Now i'm scared! :lmao:

SH!ITBIRD91 01-06-2012 08:13 PM

airdreams: yes they have steel barriers at team deweys.youre supposed to let off before you hit them then proceed around the track :badger:

Agama 01-07-2012 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DinoCrawler (Post 3489009)
Hi Dave,

My name is Dean and am part of our local crawling club/ family. You gave a great discription of your 1:1 rig but what is your 1:10 crawling rig like? Alot of us have switched to XR10 in the last year.

We have an event coming up this month that will be both 2.2 comp and Scaler. I will double check the date but it's going to be at Celebration Park. Hope you can make it. Look forward to meeting you. "thumbsup"

Hi Dean,

Thanks for saying hi and getting the info out on the series.

I used to run a 2.2 Berg, with a beetlejuice chassis, titanium links and all the goodies. Dual FXR's, etc on a stick radio. I also had a super bully with a superjuice chassis, titanium links, homemade 8" rovers, dual mamba max ESC's and 4 servo's. It had four wheel steering and dig, also on a stick radio. My schedule changed, and having our son, it made it hard to ever get out to a comp. Plus, there where 45-50 people at comps, so you spent a lot of time waiting to run three courses and one finals. I ended up selling my comp rigs and getting into the scale side of things.

I now run a custom built KOH Jeep chassis, built by Matt at Dinky R/C. It's all solid rod, chassis mounted servo's front and rear. Dual winches, titanium links, claws. I ordered about 800 bucks worth of parts that are still sitting in boxes. I'm switching to RC4WD Wraith aluminum housings, axial universals front and rear, proline swampers, nova foams, nova max drivelines kit, Vanquish Star black wheels, Tekin pro 4 motor, ext. I can't remember what else is in there. I'm hoping that this will finish of this rig for a while.

I also have two Wraiths, one is my two year olds and mainly stock, mine has some Vanquish goodies. And a SCX-10 that has a few upgrades.

I have to work Saturdays at the moment... But I'm off on Sundays and I'm looking forward to meeting you all.

Thanks. "thumbsup"

DinoCrawler 01-07-2012 11:54 AM

Sounds like some amazing rigs. So your KOH rig is a 2.2? We run both 2.2 and 1.9. Heck we run anything that shows up. If you get a chance post up some pictures of your rigs.

We do have our own little hobby shop over here in Letha (ZNO-RC) with a fair selection of crawling and scaler parts in stock including Vanquish so if you are missing anything just let us know. If you look really close on a map of Gem County you will find Letha. :lmao:

Our comp usually have about 6-10 people and we are makeing some changes to try to keep everyone busy and keep it fun. When you get right down to it we all have way more fun on the scale courses but the comp side makes for some great competition and helps keep my blood preasure up.

Now back to working on my Honcho.

VanceH 01-13-2012 11:24 AM

Hi dave, I am also from Emmett. Just getting into the Trucks! Lovin it. My son and i were fortunate to meet Dean and his family and they have helped us out a bunch!! Great guys. We started with some short course trucks and are working on building a short course track. We have just started building our scalers and hope to have them up and running shortly!!

Vance