Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Idaho

Notices

Thread: Magic Valley scalers?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2012, 10:20 PM   #1

Default Magic Valley scalers?

I am wanting to get into scale rigs but am looking for someone to crawl with. I'm in Jerome...... is there anyone around here that does some scale stuff?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
scx10crozier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2012, 01:35 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Magic Valley scalers?

Sorry I'm in the Boise area, actually Emmett, but didn't want to have you just hang here with no response.
DinoCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 06:34 PM   #3

Its all good. I might have to make a run up to Boise on a weekend or something.

Old 01-05-2012, 10:34 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Our next Scaler event is 1-21 @ Celebration Park. It will happen right after our Comp Crawl that morning. See if you can make it.

Make sure all of your screws are tight cuz we tend to work the scalers pretty hard.
DinoCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:33 PM   #5

I will see what I can do. I'm still doing some building. Have a ways to go as you can see.

Old 01-05-2012, 03:49 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Im sure there are some people over that way.... hate to send you anywhere else, but you may check on Planet 4x4 its a local IDAHO 1:1 4x4 site, but I know a few of them are into rc's as well....

Mods: if its not ok to post a link like this, let me know. (& sorry in advance) Just thought it may be helpfull to other locals as well...
airdreams1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:28 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I am also a Boise guy. Took a lot of road trips past the Magic Valley this last year though, and always seemed to notice really cool rock outcroppings around the Twin area, plus there is City of Rocks right close as well. Lots of good areas... but I don't know anyone around there.
mmbackpacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:56 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scx10crozier View Post
I am wanting to get into scale rigs but am looking for someone to crawl with. I'm in Jerome...... is there anyone around here that does some scale stuff?

Do I know you? Are you Andrew that we comped 2.2's with in the canyon? If so, was up foo...

EVERYONE in the club except me got out of rc's, except that brent guy but I dont talk to him ever. Im still into scalers but I just build them and then sale them usually.

If your not Andy, oops lol.
slowngreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:36 PM   #9

It is Andrew. I never got out of it my front motor started freaking out and do o sort of lost interest until a month or so ago. I got a new 3 ch radio and dig for it all I need now is to get a new motor or rebuild the ones I have. We should defiantly get together sometime and do some crawling. Maybe you can help me with some ideas for my scaler.

Old 07-06-2012, 04:22 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbackpacker View Post
I am also a Boise guy. Took a lot of road trips past the Magic Valley this last year though, and always seemed to notice really cool rock outcroppings around the Twin area, plus there is City of Rocks right close as well. Lots of good areas... but I don't know anyone around there.
hey mang I'm in Boise to. I crawl with a traxxas summit lol
Boston2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:31 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

I will renew a slightly old thread in hopes someone might pipe up. I am in Twin Falls and am looking for people to scale or crawl with. By yourself is fine, but sometimes it would be nice to have someone to compete or just hang with.
Valreesio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:57 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

im in mtn home and would be willing to meet half way or so at bliss maybe or heck ill drive to twin. i know of a ton of places to crawl in the bliss area.

i see to be all alone in mtn home. ill send you a messege with my number. give me call or text me
evan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:58 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

I might be able to do Bliss...I tell you what, finding people around here is difficult. Everyone is either into planes or racing. Plenty of places to go (I am finding new places everyday) but people who used to be into it have moved or sold everything or are in hiding. The guy who owns the local track (Almosta Raceway plug) knows there are racers who scale, but does not pay attention to who and race season does not start for a while. Someone just bought a new Axial Rubicon from the local hobby shop (Plug for AeroTronics) and I left my number to be passed along to the guy, but have not heard anything yet. RCing in a smaller town is difficult so far.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:30 PM   #14

Hey I'm new to Twin Falls area, On the hunt for some great crawler trails in the area. Home on the weekends!
DoubleTap06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:54 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

I agree. I go wheeling by myself.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:26 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

We should all get together one of these weekends and do a little crawling/trailing. DoubleTap, how new to Twin Falls are you? Are you familiar with rock creek?

I may need to wait for a new motor...just posted on the motor threads for help, but pretty sure mine is toast...dang hill climbing.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:47 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

what size motor do you need. i have 1406 castle motor sitting here. guess its not realy a crawler motor
Old 02-18-2013, 08:30 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Will be needing a 540 brushed, but with some help I got mine going today. I am still really new to this hobby and I heard a horrible squeal. I lubed up the bushings and it quieted right down. Still going to need a new one, but I have some time. Some people were suggesting a Holmes Torque Master 27t (might be thinking about a 35t).
Old 02-19-2013, 12:07 PM   #19

Valreesio, I do know where Rock Creek is. I have scouted out many of the accesses to the canyon. Waiting to get a new crawler for my girlfriend and will be doing a lot of crawling on the weekend.
DoubleTap06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:08 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

I have been going down to rock creek out behind pratt electrical supply off washington street just south of addison. There is a little park down there, not bad. I know some people said that going down to centennial park there was some good crawling back there somewhere, but I have not been down there yet with the SCX-10. Maybe tomorrow I will have some time to go check it out. Have you found any places that were pretty good?

Magic Valley scalers? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Valley Hobby? (Prescott Valley) SandManiac Arizona 2 12-26-2009 06:25 AM
Magic drumbeater Chit Chat 3 05-13-2007 12:54 AM