RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Idaho (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/idaho/)
-   -   Godfather Scale Challenge - 2012 January-June Series (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/idaho/359371-godfather-scale-challenge-2012-january-june-series.html)

ZNO-RC 01-12-2012 10:26 AM

Godfather Scale Challenge - 2012 January-June Series

GodFather Scale Challenge
Jan-Jun Six Comp Series

January 21st - This Scale Challenge will be in Celebration Park and will be directly after the Comp Crawl. We will be running 1.9 and 2.2 There will be two challenges this day and will be scored as we have done the last year based on time and your vehicle scale score will be counted to give you a time bonus on your overall time for the day. If you plan on running both 1.9 and 2.2 please make sure both are ready to go ahead of time to make sure the day runs smoothly. We hope to tech the Trucks around 12:30-1:00 pm depending on when the Comp Crawl Ends.

February 12th - The reason for the option of days is we are still unsure of when the surgery date will be for Thomas and Myself. We will be running 2 Courses for Each Class. The 2.2 Class will run in the Morning and the 1.9 Class will run in the afternoon. This way if you want to run both classes you will have the oportunity but if you only plan to run one course you can show up just for your class.
Location- Cobble Stone Park, Emmett
Time-
2.2 Class -
- 9:00am Signups and Tech for 2.2 Class (this is important you must tech to get your scale number which will give you a time bonus to be deducted from your score)
- 9.30am Course 1 will start.
1.9 Class -
- 12:30 Signups and Tech for 1.9 Class (again this is important you must tech to get your scale number which will give you a time bonus to be deducted from your score)
- 1:00pm Course 1 will start

March 10th - This Comp will be on its own day as well. So it will be similar to the February Scale Challenge but will probably have a different style of Comp Setup as to make sure we have a good variety. I will have more Information on this as it gets closer to the date.
Location- Warm Springs Road, Boise (right next to the Gowen Road Bridge at the end of Warm Springs Rd)
Time-
2.2 Class -
- 9:00am Signups and Tech for 2.2 Class (this is important you must tech to get your scale number which will give you a time bonus to be deducted from your score)
1.9 Class -
- 12:00-12:30 Signups and Tech for 1.9 Class (again this is important you must tech to get your scale number which will give you a time bonus to be deducted from your score)
- 12:30-1:00pm Course 1 will start
We will run 1 Long Course per class, 1 Team Event Per Class, and with both Classes we will do 1 or 2 Tough Truck Challenges at the end of the 2.2 and beginning of the 1.9.

April 7th - This Comp will be a new style completely and will be a Tough Truck Challenge Day. We are setting up the courses across the street from our Shop in Letha and we will have multiple Challenges throughout the day. We will also have hotdogs, chips and sodas for those that compete.

April 29th - This Comp will be on its own day. Come ready for a full day of running your cars if you have both a 1.9 or 2.2. If you only run one class you can come for just your class but we recommend you get there early to have your car scored. We will be running a long course and 2 other challenges for each class.
Location- Star. On Star Road on the north side of the bridge.
Time-
2.2 Class -
1.9 Class -
- 12:00-12:30 Signups and Tech for 1.9 Class (again this is important you must tech to get your scale number which will give you a time bonus to be deducted from your score)
- 12:30-1:00pm Course 1 will start for 1.9
We will run 1 Long Course per class, and 2 other challenges for each class.
**This is important if you are not up to weight for 1.9 you will need to add weight before you can run. We can add lead to your car for you but we wont be placing it in the most optimum of places (ie: the roof or in the bed. This is important to make running fair. 2.2 like always will be unlimited for weight.

June 30th & July 1st to End the Jan-Jun Series -

Where: Tripod Meadow (near Smiths Ferry)
Coordinates: N 44° 18' 5.2641", W 116° 7' 14.2999"

This will be a Camping Event so we plan on setting up the courses on Friday night or Saturday morning. If you are able to only come out for 1 of the days you will be able to run all the events except the night event which we will be running Saturday night only.

Here is the schedule of how the events will be set up.
(We hope the majority of you can make it out for running the event at the time we have set it for)

150 Gate Long Course- We will be set up and we will start running at Noon. If you are able to make it Saturday try to be there by noon so we can run the Long Course at this time as a group like normal. (If you cant make it until later in the afternoon or Sunday Morning the course will still be set up and you will be able to run it when you make it out)

100 Gate Night Course- We will start running this event at 9:30pm Saturday Night. The area wont be completely dark at this point but by around 10:00pm it should be mostly dark. We highly recommend lights on your rigs for this event and you will need a personal light (head lamps highly recommended)

50 Gate Wild Card Event- This course will be setup from Saturday morning until Sunday at 1pm. This Course will be very challenging to run and find the course since the course gates will be farther apart so you will have to keep your eyes open and run it similar to how our team event was like a scavenger course there will also be 5 items on the course that you will need to pick up and bring back to the finish gate before we stop the time.

Tough Truck Challenge - This could be a rock course, hill climb, or sled pull depending on what we decide when we get there. This event we will have set up on Saturday morning as well and will be able for people to run until Sunday at 1 pm.

As this is a six comp series you will have the oportunity to throw out your Lowest Score, DNF, or Missed Day. The Top 2 Competitors for Each Class will receive awards at the end of the Six Comp Series in June. We are planning something special for the awards so keep checking in.

Awards Ceremony for the Spring Series will be held on Sunday at Noon!!

Look Forward to seeing everyone there "thumbsup"

ZNO-RC 01-16-2012 10:42 PM

I'm sure most of you have noticed but this weekend is looking pretty questionable on the weather. Just so you are aware we intend on running regardless as we have said we would in the past. Come enjoy a fun day of scale running with us rain, shine, or snow.

Sent from my DROIDX

DinoCrawler 01-18-2012 10:13 AM

Re: Godfather Scale Challenge - 2012 January-June Series

I'm thinking a big umbrella stuffed in my belt will work. "thumbsup"

All you have to do is look at some pictures of the guys in Oregon. They are always running in the rain.

Agama 01-19-2012 11:55 AM

Looking forward to getting out and running with you guys! "thumbsup"

I have to work every Saturday, so I will miss this months run. :cry: Plan on the February's one.:twisted:

ZNO-RC 01-19-2012 10:12 PM

For those that have not been to Celebration Park before here is the location.

Celebration Park
N 43° 17.997753'
W 116° 31.768312'

I am working on a list of all of our crawling spots in Idaho so we can have a running list.

ZNO-RC 01-22-2012 11:17 PM

Thanks to everyone that showed up and helped. Even those that didn't run we always appreciate the help (Larry and Shaun) Overall we had a great time despite the little bit of rain and wind. Comp 1 is done though and now we are looking forward to our February Comp at Cobblestone Park in Emmett. Get working on those Scalers Guys and expect a full day of fun for both 2.2 and 1.9. The Scores for this last weekend should be on ZNO-RC.com tomorrow.

DinoCrawler 01-26-2012 10:49 PM

I finally did good....Go FORD BRONCO. :mrgreen:

ZNO-RC 01-30-2012 03:32 PM

Just an update but the next Scale Challenge is the 12th of February in Cobble Stone Park, Emmett. Hope to see you all there. "thumbsup"

Agama 01-31-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZNO-RC (Post 3536014)
Just an update but the next Scale Challenge is the 12th of February in Cobble Stone Park, Emmett. Hope to see you all there. "thumbsup"

Right on, I'm looking forward to it. "thumbsup" Just need to decide which rig I want to comp with...

MadMoose 01-31-2012 11:46 PM

I will be there with my scaler and a new obstacle. :D

Agama 02-01-2012 07:08 AM

I haven't been to this park before. Could we get some directions? Thanks.

ZNO-RC 02-01-2012 11:03 AM

Sorry about that guys I completely spaced that no one would know where this park was unless they had been there and unless you live in emmett you have no reason to go there :roll: oops.

Here are the Details

Name: Cobble Stone Park
Terrain: River Bend with rolling rock hills
Traction: River Rock Drift Wood and Loose Sand
Misc: After turning off of Plaza Rd. you will follow the dirt road up around a bend and next to a park we will be at the park set up for the event since it will be easiest for people to see.

We look forward to seeing everyone out there. I'm looking forward to your new obstacle Moose "thumbsup"

MadMoose 02-01-2012 05:33 PM

I need general wheelbase length and width for 2.2 and 1.9 so I can make it fair for everyone.

Agama 02-01-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMoose (Post 3540785)
I need general wheelbase length and width for 2.2 and 1.9 so I can make it fair for everyone.

My 2.2 is running a 13.5" wheelbase and 11.5 width.

airdreams1 02-01-2012 11:17 PM

Hopeing to make it out... are these firs few just practice like the ones for the comp crawlers? or actual comp?

my rig is far from done the way I want it. wondring if changes are alowed through out the season or what not? Since Im new to the scale thing Im totaly lost.

I still need to add about 1lb to to the rig in current configuration just meet the weight requirement. & what all qualifys for scale accesories? Im not even sure how to set up my winch.... Any help getting ready would greatly appriciated.

ZNO-RC 02-02-2012 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMoose (Post 3540785)

My 2.2 is running 13 length and 11.5 width and my 1.9 is 12.25 length and 9 width. Anything goes though as Thomas has proven with his unimog and its super short wheelbase.

Quote:

Hopeing to make it out... are these firs few just practice like the ones for the comp crawlers? or actual comp?

my rig is far from done the way I want it. wondring if changes are alowed through out the season or what not? Since Im new to the scale thing Im totaly lost.

I still need to add about 1lb to to the rig in current configuration just meet the weight requirement. & what all qualifys for scale accesories? Im not even sure how to set up my winch.... Any help getting ready would greatly appriciated.
All scalers seem to be a work in progress and most of us are changing and improving throughout the season and that is perfectly fine and highly encouraged.

As for the Comps the GSC is running its 6 Month Series right now January was the first of the series and February is next weekend at Cobblestone Park. We realize a lot of us wont be able to make it to all of the comps but the one with the highest Score in 2.2 or 1.9 will be awarded the first place awards for the GSC after the 6 Months. At that point we will start the next 6 Month Series.

Anything that is on your rig that is not a functional part is technically a scale accessory. Just so you know your spare tire and tow rope are required and are counted as scale accessories. So all you need are 3 more accessories. The Axial Kits come with Scale Rifles and Shotguns and these are counted as accessories if you want to run them. As for the winch it is not necessary and we can probably help you with it when you get to the comp. We just started Carrying the Winch Controllers that make any servo a winch so if that is something anyone is interested in we can hook you up.

airdreams1 02-11-2012 03:28 PM

I went to cobble stone today & there was nobody there! (well there was 2 guys fishing)
waste of my time & gas!

MadMoose 02-11-2012 03:32 PM

The comp is tomorrow the 12 not the 11

airdreams1 02-11-2012 05:36 PM

Oh, that would explain it.....

VanceH 02-11-2012 06:02 PM

Looking forward to the Comp!!!