Thread: Godfather Scale Challenge - 2012 Fall Series

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2012, 01:36 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Godfather Scale Challenge - 2012 Fall Series

2012 Fall Series
Godfather Scale Challenge

July-Dec Comp Series

Some of the new things for this season are that we are going to be charging for the events if you plan on competing in the series. To continue to run these events and the series we are constantly having to do repairs to the competition supplies and buy new supplies for some of the events. To help with this we are going to charge for each Class 1.9 and 2.2. This being said you do not need to buy a ticket to run the events for the individual events. If you are new to scale competitions we do not want you to feel obligated or turned away because of the cost of the events. However you will not be eligible to place in the series if you are not a Contributing Member of the Series and Idaho Rock Mafia GSC. There will be awards for the participants that buy into the series and those that buy a season pass for the events will get a t-shirt. We will have more information on this at the Competitions so feel free to ask if you have any questions.

July 28th & 29th- Fall Series Kick Off - This Comp This will be a Camping Event so we plan on setting up the courses on Friday night or Saturday morning. If you are able to only come out for 1 of the days you will be able to run all the events except the night event which we will be running Saturday night only.

Here is the schedule of how the events will be set up.
(We hope the majority of you can make it out for running the event at the time we have set it for)

150 Gate Long Course- We will be set up and we will start running at 10am Saturday. If you are able to make it Saturday try to be there by 10 so we can run the Long Course at this time as a group like normal. (If you cant make it until later in the afternoon or Sunday Morning the course will still be set up and you will be able to run it when you make it out)

100 Gate Night Course- We will start running this event at 9:30pm Saturday Night. The area wont be completely dark at this point but by around 10:00pm it should be mostly dark. We highly recommend lights on your rigs for this event and you will need a personal light (head lamps highly recommended)

50 Gate Wild Card Event- This course will be setup from Saturday morning until Sunday at 1pm. We were unable to run this course the last time because we ran out of time but this course will be set up early this time so be prepared. This Course will be very challenging to run and find the course since the course gates will be farther apart so you will have to keep your eyes open and run it similar to how our team event was like a scavenger course there will also be 5 items on the course that you will need to pick up and bring back to the finish gate before we stop the time.

Tough Truck Challenge - This could be a rock course, hill climb, or sled pull depending on what we decide when we get there. This event we will be set up on Saturday morning as well and we will run it some time on Saturday.

August 25th- Comp #2 - This Comp we will be camping at so we can get things set up and torn down but you don't need to plan on coming up and camping as all the events will be on Saturday.
Location- Around Cascade Somewhere- Details Soon
Time-
1.9 Class -
-9:00 am Signups
-9:30 am Course 1 Starts
2.2 Class -
-12:00 pm Signups
-12:30 pm Course 1 Starts
More Details Coming Soon

September 9th- Comp #3 - This Comp we will be camping at so we can get things set up and torn down but you don't need to plan on coming up and camping as all the events will be on Sunday.
Location- Willow Creek
Time-
1.9 Class -
-9:00 am Signups
-9:30 am Course 1 Starts
2.2 Class -
-12:00 pm Signups
-12:30 pm Course 1 Starts
More Details Coming Soon

October 13th & 14th- Comp #4 - This will be a Camping Event for the Comp Crawlers and the Scalers. The Comp Crawlers will be running on Saturday Morning early and will have there Series Finals Mid Afternoon. The Courses for the Scalers will be setup on Friday night so you can run the courses at your leisure. There will be a night course Saturday night and a Tough Truck Challenge sometime during the weekend. Most of the events will be on Saturday like the other Camping events are but if you cant make it until Sunday the courses will still be setup for you to run.
Location - Upper Reynolds Creek Rd, In the Owyhees.

150 Gate Long Course- We will be set up and we will start running at 10am Saturday. If you are able to make it Saturday try to be there by 10 so we can run the Long Course at this time as a group like normal. (If you cant make it until later in the afternoon or Sunday Morning the course will still be set up and you will be able to run it when you make it out)

100 Gate Night Course- We will start running this event at 9:30pm Saturday Night. The area wont be completely dark at this point but by around 10:00pm it should be mostly dark. We highly recommend lights on your rigs for this event and you will need a personal light (head lamps highly recommended)

Other Details to Come...

November 3rd - Comp #5 -

Location- TBD
Time- TBD
Details - TBD

December 9th - Comp #6 Series Finale -

Location- Cobblestone Park
Time- TBD
Details- TBD

This is a 6 Month Series and will have a few other events thrown into this calendar as we can. Keep Checking in for new details.

Last edited by ZNO-RC; 08-06-2012 at 01:59 PM.
ZNO-RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2012, 02:11 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Godfather Scale Challenge - 2012 Fall Series

Put me down for running 1.9 and 2.2 classes. I'm in for the series and a T- shirt size XL. I think it's a good idea to charge for these events to help cover cost. I also would be interested in club hooded sweat shirts for the fall / winter, anyone else? I would buy two of them.

I have a new 1.9 rig in the works being built by R2j, hopefully have it by the second event, until then I'll be running a stock SXC10.

Anyway, excited to run these events. See you guys soon!
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:50 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

We are working on the design for the hooded sweatshirts now and hope to have them by late September. We will probably start taking pre orders in August but we will keep everyone updated.

We look forward to seeing you out there Dave. We are all pretty excited about this next series and I think everyone is gunning for knocking dean off his 1st place 1.9.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:17 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Hey sounds good guys can you put or pm the prices for the season and per event prices. I would rather just pay it all and then not have to worry about it. Hey if I prepay for the 1.9 and the 2.2 do I get two shirts?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
boisetrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:42 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

We will have the link up to pay for the Series today in the Events Section of ZNO-RC. If you purchase a 1.9 and 2.2 Season Pass you will get one of the new ZNO-RC Crawler Shirts along with one of the remaining older ZNO-RC white Shirts (while supplies last) Right now we have over 20 shirts left from the last run and I know we have a few large and extra large left in the box.

Prices for the Series are:

Individual Competitions

1.9 or 2.2 Single Class - $10
1.9 and 2.2 Dual Class - $15

With the Individual Competitions if you purchase 4 Tickets to run in the 7 or 8 Individual Competitions between July and December you will be eligible to place in the Series and Win the Prizes at the end of the Series. The only scores that will be recorded for the series will be those that you purchased a ticket for.

Season Passes
1.9 or 2.2 Single Class - $40
1.9 and 2.2 Dual Class - $60

With a Season Pass you get a 6" Rock Mafia Sticker, Black ZNO-RC Crawerl Shirt and the ability to run in all the 7 or 8 Events from now until December 2012. You are also eligible to place in the Series and win prizes at the end of the Series.

Non Paying Competitors

Anyone is able to run in any of our events whether you pay or not. If you choose to run an event you will be running against everyone in the class you are in if they paid or not. You will also be noticed for winning an individual event and will be recognized as the winner for that day on ZNO-RC.com and RCCrawler.com. The only thing you will not be eligible for are placing in the Series and the random prizes for the Paying Competitors at the end of the Series.

If anyone has any questions feel free to PM us or call us at ZNO-RC.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:14 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Sweet, just placed order for the series season pass for 1.9 and 2.2
Old 07-18-2012, 06:59 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

I just went out and picked up some parts and also payed for the Season for 1.9 & 2.2 nice shirts by the way. Thanks again.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-18-2012, 10:56 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Thanks Dave and Scott that was amazing having season passes sell within minutes of posting the details.

In case anyone else wants to purchase a season pass the button is up on ZNO-RC in the events section and the Misc Section in the products list.

Thank you everyone for your sport of the Scale Series because of you we should be able to continue to run these events a long time into the future

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-21-2012, 03:50 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Hey I was just wondering what time you guys were going to get there on Friday? We should be there at 6 or so.

Old 07-21-2012, 03:59 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

I have to work until 6, so I'm hoping to be there around 8-830. Always takes longer to get out of town than you plan on...
Old 07-21-2012, 06:20 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agama View Post
I have to work until 6, so I'm hoping to be there around 8-830. Always takes longer to get out of town than you plan on...
Yeah I hear that man.

Old 07-23-2012, 09:04 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

We are going to be taking our trailers and camper up on Tuesday to reserve the spot as we did last time up. On Friday I hope to be up at the spot by 2-3 in the afternoon. Hopefully this time we will actually be able to make it that early so we can get the courses set up.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:30 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNO-RC View Post
We are going to be taking our trailers and camper up on Tuesday to reserve the spot as we did last time up. On Friday I hope to be up at the spot by 2-3 in the afternoon. Hopefully this time we will actually be able to make it that early so we can get the courses set up.

Nice, thanks for doing that. It's great knowing we'll have the spot when we head up on Friday.

Let me know how I can help, course set up, or firewood, etc. I'll bring up my chainsaw and some wood to throw into the pot.

Can't wait for this weekend.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:49 AM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNO-RC View Post
2012 Fall Series

Godfather Scale Challenge
July-Dec Comp Series

September 16th- Comp #3 - This Comp we will be camping at so we can get things set up and torn down but you don't need to plan on coming up and camping as all the events will be on Saturday.

Location- Willow Creek

Quick question, I'm working on my schedule at work.. Is the comp on Saturday the 15th or Sunday the 16th? Or both?

Thanks,
Old 07-24-2012, 12:06 PM   #15

It's on Sunday the 16th.
HalfPint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:31 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Does anyone want to do a potluck or make your favorite Dutch oven dish on Saturday night?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-24-2012, 08:40 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agama View Post
Does anyone want to do a potluck or make your favorite Dutch oven dish on Saturday night?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last time I did a Dutch Oven my wife almost killed me.

Old 07-24-2012, 11:37 PM   #18

[QUOTE=Agama;3837701]Does anyone want to do a potluck or make your favorite Dutch oven dish on Saturday night?

I'm bringing pulled pork.
HalfPint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:13 AM   #19
Rock Crawler

I am kind of curious as to how many people plan on showing up myself.

Old 07-25-2012, 08:45 AM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Nice, thanks for doing that. It's great knowing we'll have the spot when we head up on Friday.

Let me know how I can help, course set up, or firewood, etc. I'll bring up my chainsaw and some wood to throw into the pot.

Can't wait for this weekend.
Yeah we need to make sure the spot is reserved especially for our size of groups. It is no problem though it makes it easier to go up on Friday afternoon, not having to tow.

Southern BBQ Potluck
Saturday Night Dinner
If you would like to participate just bring a dish or two to share with the group.

So we are doing another Potluck on this trip for Saturday night. If you want to participate just bring a dish for the potluck which is themed as Southern BBQ for this trip. If you could bring some firewood that would also help. We will have our chainsaw up there as well but it is difficult to find time to cut up any wood with everything going on. For that reason we will be bringing some firewood with us.

Godfather Scale Challenge - 2012 Fall Series - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Godfather Scale Challenge - 2012 January-June Series ZNO-RC Idaho 213 07-17-2012 02:00 PM
Godfather Scale Challenge March 10th 2012 VanceH Idaho 4 03-17-2012 09:21 PM
Rock Mafia Godfather Scale Challenge ZNO-RC Idaho 34 12-19-2011 03:09 PM
WPAC Scale 2011 Spring/Summer/Fall Series Schedule JesterSpec Pennsylvania 0 03-14-2011 10:46 AM
Susquehanna Valley Scale Crawlers Comp Schedule (Summer/Fall Series) sgil2001 Pennsylvania 0 07-31-2010 03:31 PM