Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Idaho

Notices

Thread: Godfather Scale Challenge - 2013 Spring Series

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2013, 12:16 AM   #241
Quarry Creeper

Just a heads up:

We're a pretty small outfit that only exists to put on fun events and have a good time. The Grand Finale was supposed to be down at City of Rocks but we couldn't justify the trip with Axialfest just a few weeks before. Unfortunately however even we couldn't make the trek to Axialfest this year.

If you think we're an Axialfest or USRCCA sized group working comps for the income of the grand event with the backing of big name sponsers, you would be wrong. Our dates and locations are always tentative. They can and do change for many reasons. We put the schedule out ahead of time to give the guys an idea of what we're thinking for a schedule, and for the most part we hold to it.

I would love to be that huge scale event host that could run events like its a full time job but unfortunately life gets in the way.

With all that being said, we will still be trying to organize a Twin Falls event and we are still talking here about when we can make it down to City of Rocks. It's a beautiful area with slabs of granite that are worth the drive. It will happen.

-Thomas
ZNO-RC
ZNO-RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2013, 02:11 AM   #242
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Godfather Scale Challenge - 2013 Spring Series

Thank you for holding the events that you do hold and for the fast, intelligent and thoughtful response. I did not mean to set everyone off. I know you guys work hard and don't charge fee's to run your comps. I myself am more saddened by my current station in life and that I cannot make it up to Boise (Tripod looks awesome by the way, I am jealous).

In our defense (all 3 of us?) there was no update about Tripod until yesterday on RCCrawler (I will look again but I have not seen one) and on the first page you are still listing city of rocks as the Final Comp. Please understand that I do not believe it is so much that you are not holding the event as that we were still planning on attending City of Rocks, then two weeks before said dates, we had the rug pulled out from under our feet, so to speak.

On another note, I am a full-time college student and I am out until the end of August. I am not currently working and I would be more than willing (if a future event produces itself) to help in any way possible. I have talked to others about helping out and scouting some areas but they did not seem to want or need my help. I understand they are not you, but we are here and you guys have not asked for our help in producing an event down here. Lotgc and I go out almost every Saturday to plenty of different places. We know the area and could find what you are looking for.

All of this being said, we are all adults and I hope we can all still come together one day and have a good time without bickering, pissing and moaning. We all love RC and should remember that. Thanks again for what you do for the RC community and I cannot wait to attend one of your events in the future.

-Valreesio
Valreesio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:00 AM   #243

You have to understand we have a good following in the Boise valley but just like most of the population funds are tight. I would love to come to twin but would be very disappointed if we only had 4-5 driver’s show to make the trip.

Speaking on the efforts Werx and Zeno these guys are top notch and setup these events because of the love of the sport. With out them rock crawling for us would be two dimensional they both bring so much to the table and push this hobby to anther level.

I have experienced Axial fest and the local comps are more complete and put together due to the fact of driver to club members (Zeno\Werx) sponsoring the events. They put on smaller events and have more members to assist in preparation, scoring and judging in some situations. I loved Axial fest but I was expecting more from it.
Blusporttrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:37 PM   #244
Quarry Creeper

Valreesio you bring up a very good point. I completely forgot that I had posted the date and location for the Finale at City of Rocks on this thread. I keep thinking that was just word of mouth. I understand where you guys are coming from in getting all prepped for a local comp that's not going to happen. That sucks. We're definitely sorry about that. I get so caught up in working hand in hand with the locals that I forget not everyone is right here in the valley. I'll be more careful about that next time and will definitely keep you guys more informed as to the schedule revisions.

-Thomas
Old 07-08-2013, 06:47 PM   #245
Rock Crawler

Hey what day are you handing out the awards this weekend?

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
boisetrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:32 AM   #246
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by boisetrucker View Post
Hey what day are you handing out the awards this weekend?

Sunday
Old 07-09-2013, 09:07 AM   #247
Quarry Creeper

ZNO-RC GSC 2013 Spring Series Bonus Comp #6 - FINALE!

Details:
Where: Tripod, ID (Turn west at Smiths Ferry on NF644. Continue 2.3 miles. We will be on the right)
Coordinates: N 44° 18' 5.2641", W 116° 7' 14.2999"

When:

Date: July 13-14th
Course #1: Saturday mid afternoon
Course #2: Saturday 10:00 pm Night Course
Course #3: Sunday mid morning
Tough Truck Challenges: Mixed throughout

Potluck:
We will be holding a potluck for anyone that is interested on Saturday night for dinner. There is no real theme for this one. Just bring whatever you can. If you can, post up what your bringing so we don't get 4 sides of coleslaw

This is it guys, the big finale for the Spring Season! We've been talking about it for a long time and after taking some time off through the hot of the summer we are finally going back in for a big comp. The location is beautiful and plush with greenery. It should be a great place to hold a 500+ gate weekend.

We will be camping from Friday night till Sunday afternoon. The competitions however are only on Saturday and Sunday. You guys are welcome to come up early with us to hang out if you would like but it is not required.

Given that it is the Finale for the season, all season pass holders will be entered in to win the ZNO-RC sponsored raffle prizes after the last comp on Sunday. You do have to be present to receive your prize! Also, we have been talking about handing out the T-Shirts that were purchased with the Season Passes but I'm not sure they will make it back here in time. We have the design out to the company in Fresno that prints them for us but their a little backed up. I will post up a picture of what the design looks like here in just a few days. If you guys could PM us your addresses, we can simply ship them to you directly.

I hope you guys are able to make it as this will surely be a great competition and as most of us already know, a great place to compete with scalers! We'll see you guys out there.

Last edited by ZNO-RC; 07-09-2013 at 09:49 AM.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:28 AM   #248
Quarry Creeper

THIS JUST IN: We may be able to get a short run of shirts in to cover this comp! I'm going to need sizes though of the guys listed below or anyone that wants to buy a shirt this weekend.

Mike Smith
Agama
Sherri O.
Cory M.
Ward
Jason R.
Brandon S.
AJ H.
Scott R.
John U.
Moose
Chad S.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:32 AM   #249

We'll bring a batch of carne asada tacos, complete with tortillas and toppings.
HalfPint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:55 PM   #250

Ill bring chips and salsa
HK91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:34 PM   #251

Ill bring cheery tort and crack (it's a treat I took to axialfest it's addiction.) I wear a XL shirt. ;)

Last edited by Blusporttrac; 07-10-2013 at 04:25 AM.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:37 PM   #252
Rock Crawler

I am hoping to make it for Sunday if not I will pick up my shirt at the shop.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-11-2013, 09:38 PM   #253

i wear a xl

that night course kinda puts a damper on me with having to drive back and forth each day
ministock6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:48 AM   #254
Rock Crawler

I'll be up on Saturday morning. Looking forward to this event.

I need a 2XL, and a Med for Karlene.

Thanks.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:09 PM   #255
Pebble Pounder

Just picked up the shirts. They look great.
DinoCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:25 PM   #256
Quarry Creeper

We are out at the spot ready to get it all set up tomorrow morning. It's looking really great out here. Bring your jackets for night time though. It's a bit chilly.

Also. If they're still here tomorrow, you may have to drive through a Boy Scout camp to get to our location. Just look for the ZNO-RC signs!
Old 07-13-2013, 11:27 PM   #257
Rock Crawler

It was great running with everyone today. Really fun course, as usual. Bummed I had to miss the night course, but at least I was able to get up for most of today.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:09 PM   #258
Rock Crawler

I had fun running today well what little I ran before I broke. I really like the new shirts also.

Old 07-14-2013, 09:38 PM   #259

Good times, people, and food over the Saturday Sunday final spring ZNO comp. Thanks Thomas, Amanda, Dino, Cory, Ward, you guys put on a amazing two day event. It blows my mind the time, thought and money you guys put into the comps it's not unnoticed.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:39 AM   #260
Pebble Pounder

Thanks Chad and congrats on dominating the 1.9 class.

Scott it was sad that you broke so early but you did look a little tired. I still think you saw the hills and broke you own rig so you wouldn't have to hike the 276 gates.

Glad to see you made it Dave even if it was just for the day. You missed the Scaler Soccer match. It was a blast. I am going to post some video on You Tube soon. Also you would have loved the Hill Climb Cory and Ward put together. It was one of the best climbs we've had yet. Technical and steep.

I would also like to thank everyone for the helping out to make this event a fun and relaxing weekend.
We ran a total of 500 gates this weekend with almost no carnage. Which means either it was too easy or you guys build some great rigs.

Last edited by DinoCrawler; 07-15-2013 at 08:41 AM.
DinoCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote

Godfather Scale Challenge - 2013 Spring Series - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Godfather Scale Challenge - 2012 Fall Series ZNO-RC Idaho 177 01-28-2013 03:26 PM
Godfather Scale Challenge - 2012 January-June Series ZNO-RC Idaho 213 07-17-2012 02:00 PM
Godfather Scale Challenge March 10th 2012 VanceH Idaho 4 03-17-2012 09:21 PM
Rock Mafia Godfather Scale Challenge ZNO-RC Idaho 34 12-19-2011 03:09 PM
MNRCRC 2011 Spring Series Comp 5 & $10 Challenge 6/12/11 Nicklepimp Minnesota 30 06-12-2011 06:14 PM