RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Idaho (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/idaho/)
-   -   Godfather Scale Challenge - 2013 Spring Series (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/idaho/423272-godfather-scale-challenge-2013-spring-series.html)

ZNO-RC 01-16-2013 03:51 PM

Godfather Scale Challenge - 2013 Spring Series

We wanted to post the dates for the upcoming series. Locations still need to be determined, we will be waiting until the date approaches to keep an eye on the weather.

February Comp on 2/24
Location: Jump Creek Recreational Park (Lower Parking Lot) - by Marsing, ID

March Comp on 3/17

April Comp on 4/14

May Comp on 5/5

June Comp/ Finals 6/1 - 6/2 at City of Rocks

boisetrucker 01-18-2013 06:12 AM

Sounds good where is the City of Rocks at?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

MadMoose 01-18-2013 07:51 AM

Looks good I should be able to make all but two.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Agama 01-20-2013 11:32 AM

The dates look awesome! It was nice seeing those that made it out to the meeting. Huge thanks to the Dino team for all the prep work you guys put into this great sport!

Any ideas of location for the first comp? I would like to do Upper Reynolds Creek again this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

villainous 01-20-2013 04:04 PM

Re: Godfather Scale Challenge - 2013 Spring Series

going to try and make the feb. comp. never been to one, excited to see how it all goes down.

Agama 01-21-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boisetrucker (Post 4131268)
Sounds good where is the City of Rocks at?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Name: City of Rocks
Terrain: Rock Everywhere, Rock Mountains, Rock Boulders, Rock City!!
Traction: High Traction Granite
Season: Late Spring/Early Summer or Late Summer/Early Fall
Misc: Idaho's Pride and Joy of Rock, Amazing Just to visit and even more so with Crawlers. Definitely Recommend Staying for more than one night. Reserve Camping Spots Well in Advance

City of Rocks National Reserve - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

City of Rocks National Reserve - City Of Rocks National Reserve

Looks like a sweet place! "thumbsup" Which campsite / area are we staying at? I would like to get reservations set up right away.

boisetrucker 01-25-2013 02:33 PM

So have you guys decided on a day for our first comp?

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

ZNO-RC 01-29-2013 11:46 AM

So we just got a news update here at ZNO-RC that is going to affect our next competition. We had our 1st competition of the 2013 Series scheduled for this coming Sunday, but it turns our the NFL has decided to schedule their Super Bowl on the same day. Ridiculous right. :shock: Well all in all that will be ok since the snow has not yet melted down enough for us to get out there. We will be cancelling our Feb 3rd comp and moving our series start date back to the next comp of Feb 24th. Please let everyone know that because of this new update, we will be allowing them to watch the Super Bowl.

Your Welcome! "thumbsup"

ZNO-RC 01-29-2013 12:00 PM

Question: Has anyone taken time off yet or booked a location at City of Rocks in June? We are thinking of pushing that back to August/September during the Fall Series so that it does not prevent people from going to the AxialFest in June. Thoughts?

Agama 01-29-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZNO-RC (Post 4151056)
So we just got a news update here at ZNO-RC that is going to affect our next competition. We had our 1st competition of the 2013 Series scheduled for this coming Sunday, but it turns our the NFL has decided to schedule their Super Bowl on the same day. Ridiculous right. :shock: Well all in all that will be ok since the snow has not yet melted down enough for us to get out there. We will be cancelling our Feb 3rd comp and moving our series start date back to the next comp of Feb 24th. Please let everyone know that because of this new update, we will be allowing them to watch the Super Bowl.

Your Welcome! "thumbsup"

Sounds good. "thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZNO-RC (Post 4151080)
Question: Has anyone taken time off yet or booked a location at City of Rocks in June? We are thinking of pushing that back to August/September during the Fall Series so that it does not prevent people from going to the AxialFest in June. Thoughts?

I haven't yet. I'm game for going in Aug or Sept. "thumbsup" Looks like a sweet place to go.

doublej 01-29-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZNO-RC (Post 4151080)

Do you happen to know when in June AxialFest is? As of right now we are hoping to come up form Vegas for the City of Rocks Comp.

mmbackpacker 01-30-2013 12:29 PM

Hey, it looks like I may even be able to make the first get together! Heck yeah! Couple things yet to do to the Pacer build, but I should be able to make it!

ZNO-RC 01-30-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doublej (Post 4151529)
Do you happen to know when in June AxialFest is? As of right now we are hoping to come up form Vegas for the City of Rocks Comp.

As far as we can tell they have not yet posted their dates for this years AxialFest. Last year it was the fourth weekend of June. It is a really good event put on by Axial that attracts over 50 competitors. Our events are much more low key so we understand some might want to make that trek over to Cisco Grove, CA.

We definitely want to schedule our City of Rocks event to when the most people are able to show up. It is a fascinating place to scale on. If June is best for your Vegas club, just let us know and we will see what we can do.

ZNO-RC 02-04-2013 02:23 PM

Many of you may have received a text message regarding the upcoming comp this Saturday the 9th at 1:00 but for those of you that didn't, below you will find the information we sent out as well as some additional information regarding temporary rule changes and admission details. *If you would like to be added to our text message update list, please email us at sales@zno-rc.com with your cell number.

ZNO-RC GSC Update: Spring Series Comp #1
We will be holding our first comp of the 2013 Spring season this coming Saturday at 1:00pm. The location for the comp will be at the indoor crawling venue at Werx RC in Nampa. We apologize for the short notice. It's been a cold winter but thankfully Werx RC has teamed up with ZNO-RC to put on a great season kick off event in a warm, controlled environment.

Details:
Where: Werx RC, 206A 12th Avenue South, Nampa (parking is anywhere you can find it)

When:
Date: Saturday 2/9
Arrive: 12:15pm
Tech-In: 12:30pm
Drivers Meeting: 1:15pm

Cost
GSC Spring Season Pass Holder Admission: Free!
Non-GSC Spring Season Pass Holder Admission: $5 per competitior

Note: Yes it cost money. Generally it cost nothing to run in any GSC competition. However, this is not just any competition. We will be able to compete comfortably indoors at a very cool scale environment designed and built by the guys at Werx RC, instead of freezing our fingers off on top of some mountain in the snow.

We have negotiated with Werx to bring our GSC Rock Mafia group in for a greatly discounted rate for this comp only. Typical competition cost at Werx will run $12 per competitor. They do also offer "All Day" practice passes for $8 per person.

If you are a GSC Spring Season Pass Holder, tell the Werx employee working at the front counter and give them your name to be added to our registry. We will cover your admission. If you are not a GSC Pass Holder but want to be, do the same at the front desk then come find a ZNO-RC team member to purchase your Season Pass. All other please pay for your admission at the front counter.

Competition Format:
Course #1: We will be setting up a roughly 50 gate course that will be run through in the normal direction (red on right).
Course #2: Course #1 run in the opposite direction (white on right).
Tough Truck Challenge: *IF TIME PERMITS We will run a Hill Climb Frame Twister. The score from this event will be based on distance achieved and will rank with the same 'weight' as the previous courses.

Rule Changes and Werx Course Notes:
  • Only 5 competitors will be allowed on course to compete at a time. There will be no spectators allowed on the course during competition. The spectators can hang out in the above 'drivers box/lounge' area or in the pits.
  • Winching will ONLY be allowed as 'shoelace' winching. Winching to the terrain is NOT allowed at any time!
  • Judging will be done in the typical GSC format with the lanyard score books via 'self judging'. If you are unfamiliar with the rules or format please let a ZNO-RC team member know and we will guide you through the process or appoint someone as your judge.
  • The format is still timed as usual. However we want to make sure that everyone understands that we are guests at Werx RC and want to keep the place nice for others to enjoy. There are designated areas that are not to be driven on within the indoor arena which will be pointed out in the drivers meeting.

I understand the notice is really short and many of you may already have plans for this coming Saturday. However, this is a rare opportunity for our group and will definitely be a good time. Please come help support the hobby as there will be others there that will be spectating and eager to see what the GSC competition format is all about. See you there!

Agama 02-04-2013 10:02 PM

Sounds cool, we'll be there. "thumbsup"

boisetrucker 02-09-2013 08:05 AM

So can I toss in a extra $3 buck and run my SC truck the rest of the day?

boisetrucker 02-09-2013 08:10 AM

Here you go for Axial fest it is June 21st to June 23rd.

http://axialracing.com/blog_posts/1073903173

So maybe we could still do City of Rocks at the beginning of June.

ZNO-RC 02-09-2013 09:28 AM

There isn't a short course track anymore. He tore it out to put in the scaler course.

Agama 02-09-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boisetrucker (Post 4170497)
Here you go for Axial fest it is June 21st to June 23rd.

Axial Racing - AXIALFEST 2013 – RESERVE THE DATE – We are going camping!

So maybe we could still do City of Rocks at the beginning of June.

I'm up for anytime except Memorial Day Weekend. I'll be in Moab running 1:1's Anyone that wants to run some of the best trails in the world, you our welcome to join us. There are places that rent Jeeps too. "thumbsup"

boisetrucker 02-09-2013 11:01 AM

Here is the place.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/10/pahubege.jpg

Kitty corner to the Chinese restaurant. Good luck on parking.