RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Idaho (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/idaho/)
-   -   North Idaho (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/idaho/439512-north-idaho.html)

Greatscott 04-12-2013 10:38 PM

North Idaho

How's the crawler/Scaler scene in North Idaho (Bayview Area)?

I am getting ready to retire from the Navy and this is one of the places I am looking at.

Pointman 05-20-2013 09:51 PM

Re: North Idaho

Not a lot going on as far as I can tell. There's some locals running around, but I don't think there are any "comps" really.

idaho 10-20-2013 04:47 PM

I can't find anything around here, there's not many people running up here

nwnewbie 10-20-2013 04:58 PM

I moved up here (cda area ) found a few spots but no comps like back home by any means unfortunately.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

boisetrucker 10-23-2013 01:55 AM

Look on the eastern WA area I thought there was a group of guys running in Spokane.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk

Greatscott 11-07-2013 09:03 PM

Yeah, I am pretty disappointed by the lack of activity in this area. I know the weather has a lot to do with it.

But... I am closing on my house in Spirit Lake at the end of the month, and it has a pretty big rock like behind it, very large boulders. It is big enough for at least a four-course 2.2 comp. Too bad I'll have to wait until spring, when I start the build on my RC track...

evan03 11-09-2013 10:36 PM

Idaho crawlers are hideing under the sage brush

idaho 12-01-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greatscott (Post 4540385)
Yeah, I am pretty disappointed by the lack of activity in this area. I know the weather has a lot to do with it.

But... I am closing on my house in Spirit Lake at the end of the month, and it has a pretty big rock like behind it, very large boulders. It is big enough for at least a four-course 2.2 comp. Too bad I'll have to wait until spring, when I start the build on my RC track...

There's some really good spots out there in spirit lake, rathdrum, twin lakes, Bayview, athol all over that area, I'm in post falls now but there good spots here too, I could show you a few spots.

themerc64 01-06-2014 03:19 AM

There's people up here, but nobody wants to be organized. I have spent years trying. Had a web site going and everything's but lack of interest killed the beast.

nwnewbie 01-09-2014 10:59 AM

Well let's make something happen. I know plenty of people who have crawlers and scalers up here just no one puts the effort into making a club. If I knew the area better I would start something but I just dont know where to go. Someone wanna do some exploring one weekend and try to get something going?

nwnewbie 01-09-2014 11:21 AM

Couple of us are going this weekend to find some new areas. If anyone wants to meet up and join us please shoot me a PM Or reply here and well see if we can get a nice little group together and go exploring.

nwnewbie 01-09-2014 05:09 PM

There is now a Coeur d'alene/Post Falls RC crawlers group on Facebook if anyone local would like to join and find out when and where we are going and get to know everyone local to try and get something big going.