Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Idaho

Notices

Thread: ZNO-RC Godfather Scale Challenge - 2013 Fall Series

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2013, 07:07 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

ZNO-RC Fall Series Comp #3

It's time for the next comp of the frigid yet fun Fall series. It's actually been quite a while since the last comp but unfortunately it's been really busy for us this year. In fact I'm writing this now as I'm on an airplane going from Pheonix to LA for the week.

This comp is going to be a 'full day' comp which basically means it will be held during the day and will involve more than just one or two courses. We really hope everyone can make it to this comp as it is again going to be hard to find time to host another comp going into the holiday season.

When: Sunday, Nov 24th

Time: Comps will start at 10:30 am. We will be allowing people to continue to run until 4:15 pm which is when we will begin picking up the courses.

Tell your friends. Tell pretty much everyone you know with a 1/10th scale RC scaler because its going to be a good time at a great location.

We hope to see you there!

-ZNO-RC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ZNO-RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2013, 10:03 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Hey thanks! Mind if I share this on my fb page? I will be there
AdventureIQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:16 PM   #23

Default Re: ZNO-RC Godfather Scale Challenge - 2013 Fall Series

Share it up AdventureIQ!
HK91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 07:15 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

You guys should run at Bogus soon here it was yesterday.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk
boisetrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 06:45 AM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Wow! Unfortunately my SCX10's afraid of the snow and it's driver is a wuss.

Old 11-21-2013, 08:41 AM   #26
Pebble Pounder

I second that!
DinoCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:18 AM   #27
Quarry Creeper

On my way....
Old 11-24-2013, 05:08 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Great day! Thanks again! Here is the link to the interview

http://directory.libsyn.com/episode/...eiq/id/2565636
Old 11-24-2013, 10:08 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Onky had a chance for a few pics today
Attached Images

Old 11-25-2013, 08:26 AM   #30
Pebble Pounder

Thanks Adventure IQ for the pics and asking us to participate in your PodCast. That was a first for us. It was great to finally meet you in person.

I would also like to thank all the guys for coming out on a very cold morning. Special thanks to Larry, Shawn, and Nat for helping us pick up the gate afterward. 225 gates takes awhile to gather.
DinoCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 02:15 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

awesome photos and looks like it was another sweet zno course
evan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 06:53 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

When does the next series start?

Old 01-13-2014, 08:09 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Pretty sure the winter comp starts about right now.
evan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:56 PM   #34
Quarry Creeper

We already did a few comps in the Winter Series and we're planning another comp for a weekend coming up early February. We'll post the details soon.

Old 01-16-2014, 08:57 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

We'll let me clarify. We mix Fall and Winter.

Old 01-17-2014, 11:27 PM   #36
Rock Crawler

I hope I have my rebuild done by then. Look forward to getting back out again.

Old 01-27-2014, 11:30 AM   #37
Quarry Creeper

ZNO-RC's Godfather Scale Challenge - Comp #4

It seems that the holidays are now over (no Valentines Day is not a legitamite holiday!) Its time to get back into competition mode! Here's the deal, we're going to wait till after the SuperBowl to run our next comp which leaves the weekend of Feb 8th & 9th as our best option. I'd love to hear from you guys either via this thread or call or even postal service mail as to which day would be better for a comp: Saturday or Sunday of that weekend. So far the consensus is to have this comp in Swan Falls, however that is also up for review.

I'd like to make another note if possible. We've been hearing from NEW Scaler Enthusiasts that when they ask others (likely people that have never actually attended) about our comps, they hear that our comps are extremely difficult and that we have a 'strict rule abiding mentality' toward our comps. I'm glad to hear people are talking about us (good or bad) but it would be awesome if we could maybe keep it a bit more accurate. Unfortunately due to their own reasons, some of the past scalers in our community have gotten completely out of the hobby, but from what we have heard it looks to be a great year for new-comers. With that in mind I'm going to quickly lay out my best interpretation of what a ZNO-RC comp really is...

A ZNO-RC GSC comp is based on one simple principal, Everyone Should Have FUN. Now obviously fun is a relative term. Some people come from a background of Short Course/Carpet Racing and want to go fast and drive hard. Some people just love to build cars and drive them as realistically as possible. Some people just want to come have fun and put in some drive time. A ZNO-RC GSC comp is about all those things. Now we can't make everyone happy (though we try) but we have strived to create an environment that works well for most 1/10th scale enthusiasts.

Here is what we do to accomplish that goal:
1. We split up classes based on driving style. (Currently that means 2.2 = Fast KOH driving & 1.9 = Realistic 'hit as few gates as possible' driving. ) This could change in the future based on the number of attendees.
2. All courses are set up to be difficult yet achievable. That is always going to be the goal but it does not mean every course is the same. No course is the same. Sometimes our staff members set up the courses. Sometimes we have volunteers, like possibly you, set up some courses. Achievable may also mean you would HAVE TO use a penalty winch which is you pulling your rig, by hand, through the obstacle. For some this may be against the fibers of your moral core. If that is the case those individuals should probably purchase a winch. I have one and I love it!!
3. The RULES are more like GUIDELINES! We are not sticklers of the rules. The only reason rules exist in any sport or competition is to keep things fair which makes things fun. Based on that simple theory we do have rules and we do ask that you follow them. If you don't that's okay. The reason that's okay is because 'cheating' or just skipping a gate is simply a personal loss, and not a game changer.
4. ZNO-RC GSC comps are Scored but winners are not rewarded with Prizes! We are not competing for the goal of winning that big purse at the end of the rainbow. There are no rainbows or unicorns. We compete for the fun of competing!
5. All of our GSC series comps are FREE!! Now this is a big one. We do not charge anyone to compete. There have been past series' where we have put in an option to be entered in for the total 'Series Stats' and to get entered in the raffle at the end of the series but it is never required. We also have done fundraising comps in the past as well as lunch provided comps that did cost money but they were not part of the GSC series and are always completely optional.

If your still reading I'd like to apologize for your time lost in this thread. However, thank you for your continued interest in this awesome RC hobby. ZNO-RC is a small outfit that exists to support this awesome community of hobbyists. We don't have a firm schedule of events because we are always trying to be flexible of other peoples schedules as well as our own. I hope this helped answer some questions for some people as to what we are and what we do. Even if you choose not to comp with us we do recommend that you get involved in this community! This is a great group of drivers and builders. Be sure to check out Werx RC in Nampa as well for ways to get involved and to get some drive time in.

FINAL NOTE - (I know, you wish I would quit typing already) We would like to post up an opportunity for people to volunteer to help set up and tear down for this next comp. If your interested, just let us know. Thank you all!!

Thomas C.
ZNO-RC
208-365-5772
Old 01-27-2014, 05:48 PM   #38
Quarry Creeper

As soon as you guys solidify date and place, let me know...will post it on the AIQ fb page... I enjoyed coming out to the comp you had in Emmett
Old 01-27-2014, 06:38 PM   #39
Rock Crawler

Thomas, Dean, and the ZNO Crew, you guys are awsome! My wife and I ( and kiddos) love your comps. I am really bummed that we won't be able to attend for a while. We have moved to Cody WY, actually Wapiti, which is 14 miles west of Cody close to the East entrance to Yellowstone Park. Karlene got an engineering job and we just couldn't turn it down. We will surely miss all of you guys. The only downside is really no RC presence here. That and the grizzly bears. I did pick up a new 44 mag to take out hauling and crawling. We both have family still in Boise, so when we come to visit we will bring the crawlers.

Thanks for everything.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:38 AM   #40
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agama View Post
Thomas, Dean, and the ZNO Crew, you guys are awsome! My wife and I ( and kiddos) love your comps. I am really bummed that we won't be able to attend for a while. We have moved to Cody WY, actually Wapiti, which is 14 miles west of Cody close to the East entrance to Yellowstone Park. Karlene got an engineering job and we just couldn't turn it down. We will surely miss all of you guys. The only downside is really no RC presence here. That and the grizzly bears. I did pick up a new 44 mag to take out hauling and crawling. We both have family still in Boise, so when we come to visit we will bring the crawlers.

Thanks for everything.
I'm so happy to hear you guys got ahold of a great opportunity. I hope everything works out well for you over there. We are surely going to miss you guys at the comps but there will always be a spot for you here when you come back. Be sure to let us know when your in town. Maybe we can throw a quick comp together one evening while your here!

Oh and tell Karlene congrats for me!!

-Thomas

ZNO-RC Godfather Scale Challenge - 2013 Fall Series - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Godfather Scale Challenge - 2013 Spring Series ZNO-RC Idaho 266 08-12-2013 02:53 PM
Godfather Scale Challenge - 2012 Fall Series ZNO-RC Idaho 177 01-28-2013 03:26 PM
Godfather Scale Challenge - 2012 January-June Series ZNO-RC Idaho 213 07-17-2012 02:00 PM
Godfather Scale Challenge March 10th 2012 VanceH Idaho 4 03-17-2012 09:21 PM
Rock Mafia Godfather Scale Challenge ZNO-RC Idaho 34 12-19-2011 03:09 PM