Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Idaho

Notices

Thread: Boise Area

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2016, 09:52 AM   #1

Default Boise Area

Seems like hobby shops are closing left and right around here. Are they any crawler comps or club events still going on?
Leaderbeanjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2016, 10:24 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Boise Area

I have noticed the same thing. I think Action Hobbies is the only one still open in Boise /Meridian. Any G6 events or U4RC events I just got a Wraith, Kinda sucks going out alone, lots of intrest from people that see the trucks, but then when you tell them they cost $300 they run!
NickGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 08:11 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Action Hobbies is the only one left unfortunately. There used to be a club in the valley but it has pretty much gone away. Every once in awhile Zno R/C (they have some stuff for crawlers based around emmett ID>) has a comp somewhere around the valley. Not sure if they still will this summer. There are a couple people around the valley that have courses in there back yards.This is my course that I have built. Built mainly for my son and I scalers but my yeti and wraith fit on the trails.
Attached Images

Last edited by chevy4life; 01-19-2016 at 08:13 AM.
chevy4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 08:11 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Don't know if this helps but all the info I have.
Old 01-19-2016, 04:34 PM   #5

was thinking of building a track in my backyard. but looks like ill just have to walk the trails around boise.
Anthonyponton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 08:05 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Table Rock has some awesome areas to play around on. We used to have comps there. A couple other locations we would go are celebration Park South of Nampa, Swan Falls south of Kuna, and there are some good areas up on bogus Basin Rd during the summer. Once it warms up, I am going to try and get a group together to go on a trail run up on table rock depending on if I get any interest.
Old 01-20-2016, 09:32 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

sounds good, Ill check back here regularly. I've just been running mine at work, and bashing our the construction area across the street.
NickGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 04:21 PM   #8

ive been up to table rock a couple times now and that was bad ass. even went to hyatt nature reserve thats off maple grove and thats legit as well. looking to setup an event and run some comp runs maybe do a points bracket or something. but it will be in the valley so more people can attend.
Anthonyponton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 04:28 PM   #9

Chevy4life, That's a nice setup in the backyard.

My crawler has pretty much been a shelf queen. I was to late to the game and Werks closed before I made it out there. A couple of my friends all bought crawler but we never play with them.
Leaderbeanjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 11:17 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Default Boise Area

Us ZNO guys have been really busy with work. We have basically shut down our little shop but still have some parts for scalers.

We are planning on putting on some events this year just for fun. We stopped because we trouble getting people to show up. Life gets in the way. We will post here with info as we get closer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DinoCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 09:01 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Leaderbeanjr.. Thanks. Yeah my son and I have alot of fun on it. I am always working on it. Made a few changes to it recently. I will post some new pictures soon.
Old 09-09-2016, 04:42 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

If this is like the Utah page, I doubt anyone will actually see this post for months. None-the-less, I will be traveling to Meridian/Boise area for work on Monday. I would love to meet up with anyone and crawl Monday evening and possibly Tuesday evening.

I have an SCX10 II and a Bomber. Trails or play areas... either would be great.

Any directions or info to crawl spots would also be appreciated if no one can meet up.

Thanks.
powder4breakfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 10:39 AM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Powder4breakfast....

Sorry to respond late. I'm not in town until thursday otherwise I would Invite you to my house to mess around on my home course. Isn't much but has some fun elements.

Other than table rock or the road up to bogus basin not much around town. everything else is a 30-45 min. drive.
Old 10-08-2018, 09:22 AM   #14
Rock Stacker

I know thus is old thread, but I buy everything I can from the new owners of the hobby town in Boise. Please support our local store to keep them open. If you didn't know, A Main on line and Hobby Town are basically the same company. I just write down part # or have them in my wish list. Tell them at local store, they call couple days later when it's in. Worst cast a week. You can order on line store and pick up at HT but they don't get the profit, doesn't work like that. So I just order through them and pick stuff up when running around. SUPPORT OUR LOCAL STORE, I know I'm glad we have it. Thanks all, Phillip

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Pjking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 10:42 PM   #15
Rock Stacker

I’m also in the prowess of building a course in our yard. It’ll be about quarter acre of area to build on. Bringing in rocks regularly. I’ll basically at maple grove and amity.
Pjking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 10:56 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Good afternoon gentlemen.

I know the thread is old, and I hope someone replies.

I just moved into the Caldwell area and am looking for trails to run, or spots to play on... Working full time with split days off!

Hope to meet up and maybe trail with some of you.
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 11:17 PM   #17
RCC Addict

Default Boise Area

Resurrecting an old thread here, I’m in Boise for the weekend From Willsonville Oregon. Brought my crawler with me and will probably try to hit table rock tomorrow, not sure what time but I’d say around noon or so

Edit* just realized the roads closed due to COVID restrictions. Headed up to Bogus Basin area to hike with the dog and try to find a spot to wheel

Last edited by Fricker08; 10-16-2020 at 01:29 PM.
Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 08:19 AM   #18

Hello! Where is everyone? Hehe … yea was disappointed went to Table Rock and found they closed the parking area.
RkCrawl M&S is offline   Reply With Quote

Boise Area - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Boise area comps are picking up!! Blusporttrac Idaho 4 07-22-2013 04:03 PM
Crawler friendly Hobby Shops in Boise area? G_Dub Idaho 16 03-27-2013 05:23 PM
Question for those in Boise area Savage03 Idaho 0 12-10-2012 12:36 AM
any scalers in Boise area JER4X2 Idaho 3 08-02-2010 08:44 PM
boise or any where around there Scoony Idaho 0 08-23-2009 12:22 PM