Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Idaho

Notices

Thread: who main other from Idaho

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2008, 03:03 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Looking North...

I'm in Rathdrum, Idaho North of Post Falls... Waiting for the melt down! We are up to our ears in the white stuff this season. Pretty cool really, but the rocks are 6' under this time of year. The building is still fun
themerc64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2008, 02:29 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Cool nampa/caldwell area

i live in caldwell i found a place by the river off of star road tons of rocks between 20/26 and hwy 44 have not been able to go because of the snow but it is an awesome spot with the river next to it.any body wants to get together when it gets warm we can all meet at teamdewey toys and hobbies in the karcher mall , i useally hang out there and talk to people interested it rc.
warriorsimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 07:55 PM   #23
ftr
Pebble Pounder

I did not know that there was a hobby shop in the Karcher Mall. I'll have to go check it out.
ftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 10:24 PM   #24
RCC Addict

yeah it's called team dewey toys and hobbies,very nice people and very helpful i am useally there after work for a couple of hours ,right now we are all running ax10 's we are trying to get a club together and share some ideas on what works ,first we were doing crawlers ,then i made a tuber now doing scale. you should come down tomorrow sunday they close at 6pm and were going there to hang out after hours .my name is jaime.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:39 PM   #25
Rock Stacker

I bought my first crawler from team Dewey. I bought a Wheely king from there. It is a nice shop has a good selection of part not everything but a lot that are useful. I work in Nampa and I go by there sometimes after work. I have a 2.2 crawler and working on a scale rig for NW scale meet. I also work with Createacrawler so we do alot of custom stuff to our rigs.

It would be nice to get a group together and go out crawling. I am new at this hobby and it would be nice to see other rigs run and to see if mine works as well as others.

Do any of you guys in the valley ever set up a comp or been to a comp to know how to set up a course. Since I have never been to one yet or set up one it would be nice to have a few that have done them. so we can build a good course
Kingoftherock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 10:41 PM   #26
ftr
Pebble Pounder

My son and I will try and make it over there. Sounds like fun.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:31 PM   #27
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBADBOY View Post
I am from Idaho falls and I have a friend who lives there to I just talked to the people at dapco hobbies in pocatello and they said this sprig they were going to have a get together we should all go down to dapco in Idaho falls and start a sign up sheet.
I would definetly want to do some kind of comp, as long as scale rigs were involved. I'll have to stop by Dapco and see what's up.
Mongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 11:26 AM   #28
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorsimi View Post
yeah it's called team dewey toys and hobbies,very nice people and very helpful i am useally there after work for a couple of hours ,right now we are all running ax10 's we are trying to get a club together and share some ideas on what works ,first we were doing crawlers ,then i made a tuber now doing scale. you should come down tomorrow sunday they close at 6pm and were going there to hang out after hours .my name is jaime.

hey jaime we all need to get together again, i want to see your scale rig now im not the only one with a scaler. most the snow is gone we need too head out to the river
noob2crawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 09:10 PM   #29
RCC Addict

yup you the one with the scout right ,i didn't think i wanted a scaler but after i saw yours i was very impressed i actually built one the next day but allready sold it to floyd and i built another using my ax10 ,let me know when you want to gtg.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:17 PM   #30
RCC Addict

hey there racer32 let me know what kind of parts you are looking for ihave some crawler parts mostly ax10 .
Old 02-14-2008, 07:57 AM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Default Boise area

Fellas,
I'm in Boise. Sounds like there are enough of us to have SOME type of get together- competition-challenge- fun... I am hoping and trying to get Capital Dirt Burners to make a rock garden at the Ft Boise track. You should drop by the boise RC Forums track design 2008 ideas and let them know that would be a good idea.
Don't think I will be a regular at the Dewey Hobbies get togethers though, I live way on the other side of B-town. Can't wait for things to dry out some, try the stage one-and-a half WK

Mike
mmbackpacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 08:02 AM   #32
ftr
Pebble Pounder

Thats a good idea. I live off of Broadway so that would work great for me
Old 02-14-2008, 09:06 AM   #33
Rock Stacker

sound good we need to get something together. I know I need to get a better battery first since I am still using the one that came with my WK and the run time is short. But I would be up for a GTG. I live in Kuna so boise or nampa work for me. I would say Kuna but I have not been crawling other then the rock pile I built in my back yard. SO if anyone know a good spot I am game. I am new at this and it would be great to see how other run and I need to get practice in since I am build a Scale rig for scale Nationals.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:06 AM   #34
Pebble Pounder

yeah i got the scout, i think were gonna go out this weekend i'll call tyler and have him get ahold of you.
noob2crawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 12:17 PM   #35
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by noob2crawlin View Post
yeah i got the scout, i think were gonna go out this weekend i'll call tyler and have him get ahold of you.

were do you guys go. What day, time, place are you going I might see if I can bring out my crawler
Old 02-14-2008, 08:53 PM   #36
RCC Addict

Default gtg

all right guys since noone can make any kind of planning on a gtg i will ,how about a gtg at the spot i found ,star road next to the river theres parking and lots of rocks maybe muddy but at least we can gtg and see what everybody has or if anyone has another spot we can goto please suggest something ,we all want to gtg but nobody is setting anything up ,i know ther is alot of fellow crawlers/scale hobbiest here in the boise/nampa area ,i am useally at the hobby shop after work at teamdewey hobbies at the karcher mall it's a nice hobbyshop prices are very good ,some of you live in kuna and i know there must be some very nice spots around there swanfalls is one of the nicest parts i have been to so let's be creative and set something up we can set it up for sat. morning ,if anybody nomatter what you have let's make it happen,my name is jaime and my number is 371-5103 or post a message thank you all .
Old 02-14-2008, 08:55 PM   #37
RCC Addict

if you find a good spot just let everybody know, i think that sat mornings might be good .
Old 02-14-2008, 09:15 PM   #38
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorsimi View Post
hey there racer32 let me know what kind of parts you are looking for ihave some crawler parts mostly ax10 .
Axles and drive shafts... Not in a big hurry to get them but if you have a deal I'd be interested... Stormer has AX10 axle kits for $36 + shipping...
racer32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 09:26 PM   #39
RCC Addict

i don't have any axles ,driveshafts i use jato shafts ,the jokes are the spendy ones traxxas cost 20 bucks per set and you'll need two.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:41 PM   #40

Hey y'all....

I'm in Meridian. Hopefully I will have something put together by spring.
DahlELama is offline   Reply With Quote