Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Illinois

Notices

Thread: Club Status??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2008, 10:42 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Club Status??

Hey Guys its Billy. I have not been keeping up with the forums since I was busy with graduating from Purdue, finding a job, and setting things up for a move.

I would like to see our club be recognized here so that we get our shot at the Nationals. I know Jeff has been trying to make it official. I saw this thread Very important 2008 Nats info and maybe Mnster can vouch that we are legitimate. Thats probably why you guys are having elected offices before the first summer series event. I know that I won't be around but you guys have the skills to be at nationals.
wrcfan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2008, 06:01 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

I have been trying to get the club listed. we had met all the criteria and when I submitted it, I was told they are changing the rules and I needed to check back later. As for the elections, that is for non-profit status.

Last edited by jetboat; 06-03-2008 at 03:46 PM.
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 11:00 PM   #3
MWRCA'er

I didn't picture anyone from Chitown making the 1800 mile drive. I asked Jeff earlier in the season he thought the samething. Maybe next year. This year I'm going to watch, but not going to comp. I'd offer up my spots but it's really not that easy as I can't it's not my say. Not saying that to be mean, its just how the rules of entry to Nationals are setup. I'm not listed as your club leader chair person.

Last edited by Mnster; 06-04-2008 at 11:02 PM.
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 10:06 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

hope I wasnt wrong thinking noone would want to compete this year...either way I still havent been able to secure the clubs status as a recognized club and Im not realy sure why. Im almost wondering if the sanctioning body is going to something more like Roar where clubs will have to pay membership fees and such, only nice thing about that would be ROAR at least has insurance for Roar sanctioned events.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:22 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

well, just got the answer, we are not a recognized club because we fall under the same region as MWRCA... Thus we will not be able to get invites to nationals. What BS, Im going to stop before I go into a huge rant.....
Old 06-11-2008, 01:25 PM   #6
Web Wheeling

Since the MWRCA isn't doing much these days, and passed on the invites, you should be able to get them.....
Etype R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 01:31 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etype R View Post
Since the MWRCA isn't doing much these days, and passed on the invites, you should be able to get them.....

You would think, we kind of came up with an unofficial agreement that since SCRC was the larger club that we would host the Comps and MWRCA would attend them and they would host scale GTG's and we would attend those. The whole reason SCRC was formed was because people in the Chicago area didnt want to drive 3+ hrs to go to a point series (myself included) Oh well, they dont want to recognize us thats fine, doesnt stop us from hosting our comps or getting sponsorships from people outside RCC, would have just been nice to have the recognition so that getting vendors to sponsor prizes and to help people in the area see that we are here by being listed in teh club registry.... See I started my rant, I must shut up now
Old 06-11-2008, 04:43 PM   #8
Debunking old stereotypes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etype R View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboat View Post
You would think, we kind of came up with an unofficial agreement that since SCRC was the larger club that we would host the Comps and MWRCA would attend them and they would host scale GTG's and we would attend those. The whole reason SCRC was formed was because people in the Chicago area didnt want to drive 3+ hrs to go to a point series (myself included) Oh well, they dont want to recognize us thats fine, doesnt stop us from hosting our comps or getting sponsorships from people outside RCC, would have just been nice to have the recognition so that getting vendors to sponsor prizes and to help people in the area see that we are here by being listed in teh club registry.... See I started my rant, I must shut up now

The way I see it from the perspective of One who votes on the clubs entrys, I think most think right now, there is getting to be too many clubs for the amount of Nationals invites available. I can tell you, you're not the only request denied lately. I believe some think, that it's not fair for a person to get a chance to qualify for Nationals invites running in 2 clubs as close as MWRCA and SCRC are. I no MWRCA declined any Nationals invites for '08' but many others don't, or hadn't yet known when the vote was taken. I really think SCRC would have a better chance of getting approved if MWRCA merged, or folded, and you go for 1 club in the Ill area. Thats something you'd have to talk over with Ben.
IMO the USRCCA needs to reformat the way qualifing for Nationals invites takes place. If the USRCCA went to regional qualifiers, it wouldn't really matter how many local clubs there were.
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 05:50 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

I agree with you that they need to change qualifying format. This is the only sport that I know of that doesnt have some form of "playoff".
The idea behind SCRC getting recognized wasnt for the national invites (at least not for 0.
Personally I dont see merging SCRC and MWRCA would ever be a good idea, we both may be based out of Il but, its a BIG state and the 2 clubs operate differently. Part of the "rules" governing SCRC was to have comps no more than 2hrs from our (now former) meeting place. Where as the closest MWRCA event was 3+hrs.

With the success of RC Rock Crawling the sanctioning Body needs to take a good look at themselves and how they run it before all the grumblings and rumors of a spinoff sanctioning body happen.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:24 AM   #10
MWRCA'er

I really wouldn't mind a merge. My club has been totally inactive since last year. Gas prices, poor economy and changes in the members lifes have brought the club down to low status. I don't see MWRCA hosting a comp series at all this year. Lack of crawl areas, lack of members, and the lack of time that I and Zach currently have. Sure we will host a single comp here and there. But, last year proved to me that a series really isn't a good idea until we get a our firm club base back. MWRCA was never IL. club based we have never held a comp within the IL. borders. We are more Wisconsin based and tap Iowa if there isn't flooding.

SCRC is a larger club then MWRCA was at it's peak. The SCRC people are great, they have a far stronger club base then most clubs.

I don't want to be the chair person for SCRC though. I feel they are a well on their own independant club under the guidance of Jetboat. I don't want to corrupt that. However, I will step in if SCRC needs or desires to step this recognition stuff forward.
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 06:14 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnster View Post
I really wouldn't mind a merge. My club has been totally inactive since last year. Gas prices, poor economy and changes in the members lifes have brought the club down to low status. I don't see MWRCA hosting a comp series at all this year. Lack of crawl areas, lack of members, and the lack of time that I and Zach currently have. Sure we will host a single comp here and there. But, last year proved to me that a series really isn't a good idea until we get a our firm club base back. MWRCA was never IL. club based we have never held a comp within the IL. borders. We are more Wisconsin based and tap Iowa if there isn't flooding.

SCRC is a larger club then MWRCA was at it's peak. The SCRC people are great, they have a far stronger club base then most clubs.

I don't want to be the chair person for SCRC though. I feel they are a well on their own independant club under the guidance of Jetboat. I don't want to corrupt that. However, I will step in if SCRC needs or desires to step this recognition stuff forward.
Thanks Mnster! I look forward to discussion on this.
Ced RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 07:12 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Thanks for the support and words of encouragement!!! We will have to discuss things at the next meeting/comp on the 28th. In all reality I think all of the Il MWRCA members are also SCRC members. I just hate the thought of "loosing" a club but, in all reality by merging it could be better for both. I look forward to discussion of this.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:52 AM   #13
RCC Addict

Hopefully the vote/election for SCRC elected positions will go smoothly. This may be the opportunity to merge the clubs at this level.
xirtic is offline   Reply With Quote