Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Illinois

Notices

Thread: Central IL GTG "The Farm" Between Champaign and Danville May 24

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2009, 07:46 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Central IL GTG "The Farm" Between Champaign and Danville May 24

Im going to open the course up for some fun again. Most of you already know what the course is like so I wont go into details. Its going to be open to anyone from 10am till I leave on Sunday May 24. No comp just some fun. Im also going to plan out a slash course for when we have the comp so bring your bashers if you wish. Ive got no neighbors to complain so nitro is fine.

I74 to Exit 200
Turn South
You will come to a stop sign (rt 150) with a grain elevator, go straight
Continue on paved road until it becomes Gravel at the stop sign, continue straight

You will go down a hill and across a rive then back up a hill, at the top of the hill there is a ROAD (not the drive) turn left
Follow this road around, it will turn right and go down a hill
You will go up and down a couple hills. Once you come to a place in a valley with a white barn out front and a Brown barn with a white roof you are there. Park in the drive, the course is on the otehr side of the creek.

I may be working on putting siding on the cabin but, the course is open for crawling.
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2009, 09:43 PM   #2
RCC Addict

I'd like to go since it's so close but I'm scheduled for a hernia repair surgery on Friday so this weekend it's no lifting, bending or anything fun.

See you all at the next comp.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 12:21 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I'd love to go, but I'm going to Iowa for the weekend
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 06:55 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Wow, everyone wants to go but can't. I don't want to but can lol
jfwy
I got lots of stuff that needs to get done here. Wish I could go. Maybe later in the year at the "comp" there
addictedtonitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:00 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I didnt figure any of you guys would be able to make it... there are allot of local crawlers in that area that have crawled out there that I am hoping can make it. Always fun to crawl with new people.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:42 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Mark your calenders, I set the date for "the Farm" comp.....

Aug 1st 2009
$5 buy-in
winner takes 75% of the pot
2nd gets 25%

Currently I have a GC2 chassis and 2 T-shirts as prizes. Im going to start looking for a local sponsor to throw in something nice . Its going to be 2.2 only and Im going to figure out a way to make a new addition

There is PLENTY of room for bashers/slashes/helicopters and if there is water in the creek... boats. Those that were last year know there are plenty of hills for climbing and great terrain for scalers... And yes, camping is available and free (Ill even throw in firewood).
Old 05-21-2009, 01:30 AM   #7
MWRCA'er

Possibly tentatively in, in August.

4 hour drive....
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:26 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Ill see whats in my bag of tricks to help you guys with some give- aways. And i might grace you guy s with another visit.
BILLYGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:50 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

if you make it out in Aug for the "Farm" it will be allot of fun. Ive got 5 acres out in the middle of nowhere so we can basically do what ever we want. If we work it right, the neighbors have a stage with concert lighting etc and a motorcross track and usually in the summer they have BIG parties with a live band and plenty of entertainment My comp area is a little bigger than LHR has, its good for 2.2 trucks and scalers, not much for supers though but when you consider what central Il is like, its crawler heaven.

I was considering adding a "jump the creek" event. You have to clear the creek and drive away with your RC, see what kind of prizes I can work up for it. Its about 40' of water so prolly a 50' total jump.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:10 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILLYGOAT View Post
Ill see whats in my bag of tricks to help you guys with some give- aways. And i might grace you guy s with another visit.
Ya gotta bring Jake in case a certain someone shows up! That'd be cool if you show man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboat View Post
if you make it out in Aug for the "Farm" it will be allot of fun. Ive got 5 acres out in the middle of nowhere so we can basically do what ever we want. If we work it right, the neighbors have a stage with concert lighting etc and a motorcross track and usually in the summer they have BIG parties with a live band and plenty of entertainment My comp area is a little bigger than LHR has, its good for 2.2 trucks and scalers, not much for supers though but when you consider what central Il is like, its crawler heaven.

I was considering adding a "jump the creek" event. You have to clear the creek and drive away with your RC, see what kind of prizes I can work up for it. Its about 40' of water so prolly a 50' total jump.
Oh you didn't call us out for a jumpin contest! Where's Jeff, i'm coming for sure!! Ask Jeff about my buggy, y'all better bring it!!!
bubbaracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:41 AM   #11
RCC Addict

Jake will be there with me for sure. . sounds like i talked my wife into making the drive again to visit her family. ill have jake trained in the art of perimiter management so the unwanted stay away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbaracing View Post
Ya gotta bring Jake in case a certain someone shows up! That'd be cool if you show man!

Oh you didn't call us out for a jumpin contest! Where's Jeff, i'm coming for sure!! Ask Jeff about my buggy, y'all better bring it!!!
BILLYGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote