RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Illinois (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/illinois/)
-   -   Weekly indoor comps @ rc Hobbies would you attend? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/illinois/209082-weekly-indoor-comps-%40-rc-hobbies-would-you-attend.html)

jetboat 11-05-2009 03:02 PM

Weekly indoor comps @ rc Hobbies would you attend?

Title says it all, if they are to hold a weekly comp series, would you attend?

I was there at lunch and the big guys from corporate said they should do a weekly series. I am trying to get them to change the course over and even more so if they want to do something like that.

It would most likely be free, don't know about prizes or how they would run it...

xirtic 11-05-2009 04:09 PM

I could probably do EVERY OTHER week....give time for repairs and also work/family. I would vote YES for 2x a month....because it would be fun....sort of like bowling league. But I do not think that I could realisticly do weekly.

addictedtonitro 11-05-2009 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xirtic (Post 2086467)
I could probably do EVERY OTHER week....give time for repairs and also work/family. I would vote YES for 2x a month....because it would be fun....sort of like bowling league. But I do not think that I could realisticly do weekly.

what he said.
As much as I like hanging and crawling with you guys, there is no way in hell the wife would let me leave every weekend. It's hard enough to get to the every 3 week events lol.

jetboat 11-05-2009 05:52 PM

I actually couldn't make every week myself. I would however make them when I could.

AreCee 11-05-2009 06:16 PM

Depends on which day of the week or weekend. Saturdays would be easier to make than Sundays for me. Weekday evenings are out with the possible exception of Friday evening.

Cajunbrn 11-05-2009 07:06 PM

I also would go as often as possible, but weekly is a little too much. Every other week np.

Mnster 11-05-2009 11:22 PM

Costs involved with driving that far every week, uhhh no.

bubbaracing 11-05-2009 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mnster (Post 2087268)
Costs involved with driving that far every week, uhhh no.

I'm in the same boat, too far a drive for me, as much as I like crawling with you guys too, weekly is to hard for most to do!

BJoe 11-06-2009 12:41 AM

SO long as I didn't have to work I wouldn't mind go every couple weeks for comps, but I'm not far from there either. Would be better if they used the course you guys built though, that style of rock can be a pain to climb, especially when you don't have much clearence at the diff or center and a rock decided to move.

thevulgarcowboy 11-06-2009 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xirtic (Post 2086467)

Quote:

Originally Posted by addictedtonitro (Post 2086552)
what he said.
As much as I like hanging and crawling with you guys, there is no way in hell the wife would let me leave every weekend. It's hard enough to get to the every 3 week events lol.

"thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup" "thumbsup"

jetboat 11-06-2009 06:07 AM

Bill is now online so he should be seeing all your posts and comments. "thumbsup"

joooce 11-06-2009 06:57 AM

I like the idea but I would probably only make it every other week.

thevulgarcowboy 11-06-2009 08:31 AM

Yah ever 2 weeks or 2 comps a month would be cool as long as we have heat "thumbsup". But we/RC hobbies really have to do something with there course, and I’d even lend a hand to help."thumbsup"

kasper 11-06-2009 08:47 AM

we got the go ahead to build a indoor course at Hobbytown in Oshkosh and i do agree every week could be tough for most every other week should be do able its a 4 hour drive to Illinois but it sure sounds cool as cool can be

ebneumann 11-07-2009 06:59 PM

Im up for biweeky sounds good