RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Illinois (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/illinois/)
-   -   NIRC. Chit Chat (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/illinois/304261-nirc-chit-chat.html)

johnnyh66 07-09-2016 10:39 PM

Re: NIRC. Chit Chat

I think I need one of these!
Tamiya Beetle hard body?
I also have a sweet Willy's hard body...
1/14 KAISER XS-Thunder Tiger

talmond 09-07-2016 04:51 PM

Question for the guys who fabricate. We sell
Music wire in sizes up to 1/4 in Rod. My question is can I use this to make my next tube cage. I'm using a wirefeed mig to weld

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bronc4now 09-09-2016 06:47 PM

1/4 solid rod would result in a heavy ass rig imo.. use 3/16 main rails and 1/8 supports or brake line tube..

talmond 09-10-2016 09:43 AM

I'm wondering if that type of spring steel will weld. We have tons of sizes. Just not sure a spring steel will weld as well as hot roll steel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnnyh66 10-02-2018 01:40 PM

I'm back in town... Willowbrook actually, right next to Waterfall Glen. I haven't run any of my rigs in years but thinking I'd like to.
Actually, now that I think of it... I left them in Ohio! I'll probably head there in a few weeks and can bring Melons back.
I have micros and minis with me I think.

Mega Fattie 02-15-2019 11:57 AM

Remember when this place was alive and kickin?

CrawlinMike 02-23-2019 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mega Fattie (Post 5910591)

Oh yeah. Facebook and people changing careers and moving around has left it pretty dead in here. Sad seeing it since I was in here when it was hopping with interest and posts.

CrawlinMike 01-10-2020 05:20 AM

Miss the old days, need a get together. I’m still lingering on here anyways.

Mega Fattie 02-20-2020 02:04 PM

Dusted off my C3 bomber yesterday. The 1st comp of the season is this sunday in AZ.

The scale crawling scene is still huge in Arizona, i have just been to busy with life to play with toy trucks (been playing with 1:1 cars, trucks, and guns for the last couple years)

Im going to charge up some batteries and head to the comp this sunday. I still really want to build a C2 rig to complete my RC collection.

ozpall 02-20-2020 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mega Fattie (Post 5910591)

totally, the best hang out place

BJoe 02-21-2020 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozpall (Post 5999598)
totally, the best hang out place

Wow, long time no see Oscar"thumbsup"

ozpall 02-21-2020 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJoe (Post 5999705)
Wow, long time no see Oscar"thumbsup"

Joe!!!!
where you been man? I've been racing at hobby town buggies lately since they got that indoor carpet track! stop by man!

BJoe 02-22-2020 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozpall (Post 5999787)
Joe!!!!
where you been man? I've been racing at hobby town buggies lately since they got that indoor carpet track! stop by man!

Since being relieved of my employment there a few years ago, haven't gone back even though I've been asked to stop by. That said, I have been running with another former employee on Friday nights during the summer last year and have been scratch building a new and RPM laden Bandit for use parking lot combat against a Losi 8ight 3.0 (I think). Tore up my Stampede out there last summer and even my 4-Tec 2.0 to some extent, so I figured a Bandit or Rustler that was loaded up with RPM stuff like that Stampede is would be better, being lower and longer with the ability to move more of the weight forward on the chassis than can be done on the Pede platform then slapped a J Concepts High Speed Bandit body on it for a little Buggy on Buggy Crime"thumbsup"

We also did a little crawling out by the Windmill on 25, had out my SCX10 and Telluride for that too, although the Telluride needs a new battery since the one in it is old now.

ozpall 02-24-2020 08:31 AM

very cool man, well if you get a chance stop by maybe i'll see you dude!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJoe (Post 6000093)
Since being relieved of my employment there a few years ago, haven't gone back even though I've been asked to stop by. That said, I have been running with another former employee on Friday nights during the summer last year and have been scratch building a new and RPM laden Bandit for use parking lot combat against a Losi 8ight 3.0 (I think). Tore up my Stampede out there last summer and even my 4-Tec 2.0 to some extent, so I figured a Bandit or Rustler that was loaded up with RPM stuff like that Stampede is would be better, being lower and longer with the ability to move more of the weight forward on the chassis than can be done on the Pede platform then slapped a J Concepts High Speed Bandit body on it for a little Buggy on Buggy Crime"thumbsup"

We also did a little crawling out by the Windmill on 25, had out my SCX10 and Telluride for that too, although the Telluride needs a new battery since the one in it is old now.