Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Illinois

Notices

Thread: NIRC. Chit Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2012, 01:01 PM   #4481
RCC Addict

Default Re: NIRC. Chit Chat

It will be home, parked and cooling off while melons is still struggling thru the course :-)
neillarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2012, 01:16 PM   #4482

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
It's basically a regular season but if you come in 1st, 2nd or 3rd for the season, you get a few points to add to your TTC (next season) final scores.

I think if you want the extra points, you do have to run the same rig in both.
But, if you don't care about the possibility of 10 extra (or something like that) points... then it doesn't really matter.
You can run the Wraith this season and Lemonade in the TTC... but, if you win first place in this season with the Wraith, the points can not carry over to next seasons TTC with Lemonade.

EDIT: The first TTC is in August or something...
ahhhhhh... now i get it.

but i dont see anywhere it saying you have to use the same truck to apply the bonus points to the ttc.

regardless this makes me feel alot better about the ttc. i still might run the wraith but its nice to have some time (like 2 months!) to get ttc rigs figured out. might just swap timmy over to c3 and run this jeep i got coming in c2. (if it ends up being built good enough)
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:26 PM   #4483
RCC Addict

Yeah, this series is just for fun to keep us busy until the TTC. It was pit together to leave time for GTG's & BBQ's in between. You dont have to take this series seriously but, if you do, it could pay off a little in the TTC. You dont have to use the same truck in this as the TTC. You still have time to put something together Jason. I'll be running the FJ in the TTC and I havent touched it since you guys saw it last. Dont sweat it.
Die-Laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:46 PM   #4484
Rock Crawler

Its quiet around here.

JHTreyIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:12 PM   #4485
Rock Crawler

Got my new taillight and battery in the mail today for my Z-Rex....now I'm ready for the riding season!

Old 04-25-2012, 03:16 PM   #4486

z-rex?
Old 04-25-2012, 03:20 PM   #4487
Rock Crawler

2005 Kawasaki ZRX1200R....they picked up the nickname Z-Rex because of the model name. Fast bike and affordable. I've had a couple of them.

Old 04-25-2012, 03:35 PM   #4488
Rock Crawler

Nice bike I miss riding so so much. Gents not sure if I'll make this weekend. I prolly will. The racing bug has bitten me and I got a good deal on a losi 22. It should be here any day and I'm really really wanting to get back to the track with that, my XXX-SCT, and XXXT-CR. LOL and I used to be an Associated SNOB! Funny how things work out some times.
WarTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:55 PM   #4489
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHTreyIII View Post
2005 Kawasaki ZRX1200R....they picked up the nickname Z-Rex because of the model name. Fast bike and affordable. I've had a couple of them.

Nice!
I miss my little enduro... had to sell it to prevent my attorney from suing me

this isn't mine but it was the same model/color.
Attached Images

johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:21 PM   #4490
Scale Detail Engineering

I seem to have lost the antenna to one of my Futuba rx's... it's not working at all so I'm down to one.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:36 PM   #4491
RCC Addict

Here are our toys to come. Working on hers first.

48V Presidents Club UTV.

Then mine, a Polaris 800 HO EPS
Old 04-25-2012, 04:51 PM   #4492
Quarry Creeper

I figured i should ask some locals whats a common classes that you run ? im trying to decide,,4link or leaf ,3 speed or 2 or 1 ,,1.9 or 2.2 ? i just what a real looking but capable as possibly crawler thanks ..
bronc4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:55 PM   #4493
Scale Detail Engineering

We run Class 3 and Class 2 every comp... but more people are building Class 1 rigs so we should be running them too.
Sounds like you might like Class 2 the most... I prefer Class 3 myself
Old 04-25-2012, 05:52 PM   #4494
I wanna be Dave

JAS82

here it is

sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:55 PM   #4495
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronc4now View Post
I figured i should ask some locals whats a common classes that you run ? im trying to decide,,4link or leaf ,3 speed or 2 or 1 ,,1.9 or 2.2 ? i just what a real looking but capable as possibly crawler thanks ..
This is a link to the 2012 Scale rules which will help understand the differences between the 3 classes and tire size. Wheel size really has no bearing, tires size is what matters in the classes.

Also look at the scale points and it will help you decide what direction to take on your build.

As Johnny said, we all run Class 3 and Class 2 at our events. The terrain we run on really promotes the use of a winch. Class 1 seems to be where a lot of us are heading. It is a bit more of a builders class. I would call a Class 2 more of a drivers class and Class 3 is a "blast through it with all the power and weight you can manage" class, lol.

A good thing to do is look through some of event threads and see what and where we were running, and if possible, make this weekends event to watch. You can also look up the members by clicking on their names in the left hand column on one of their posts, then click view public profile. On their page, click statistics and then Posts started by and you can find their build threads (for those that do build threads). Some people build more than they run (like me), some run more then they build, and some buy their rigs already built. No matter what you do, you will be tearing down and rebuilding your rigs, through upgrades, maintenance or breakage.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:57 PM   #4496
Quarry Creeper

o thanks !

so your saying i can pick anyone of the the above mentioned and be in class 2 ?
where can i find specs for each class
Old 04-25-2012, 06:15 PM   #4497
RCC Addict

Quote:
o thanks !

The specs are in the link I posted. Basically they are as follow:

Class Descriptions:

Class-1 “Street"
• Description - A street legal off-road vehicle that you would drive to work or the trail head and outfit like an expedition vehicle such as the Camel Trophy truck D90 rigs.

Class-2 “Trail”
• Description - A stock vehicle that has been modified to become a capable trail rated rig and is not necessarily street legal .

Class-3 “Modified”
• Description - An off-road vehicle that you would build from the ground up and might see in a TTC/KOH type competition.

General Vehicle Details
• You are encouraged to go above and beyond to make your truck as scale as possible.
• Vehicles must resemble a real 1:1 rig. It will be up to the collective group to vote on whether a questionable rig is accepted or not.
• Tire size will be determined by advertised manufacturer specs (tires without available specs will be measured off the truck as mounted on the wheel laid flat).
•Tire modification:
Class-1 Street. No external tire modification is allowed.
Class-2 Trail. Tire lugs may be removed, siped, grooved and/or trimmed.
Class-3 Modified. Tire reduction and narrowing is permitted, as well as all modifications listed above.
• You must run a rail chassis (for example: Bruiser/Mountaineer, SCX-10, Reign RC K2-3S, 3L, 4, 5, MFM, X-Trail, CR-01, UTE, etc...) No TVP (twin vertical plate) chassis' or frame rail extensions on a TVPs. The exception to this rule is the Tamiya CC-01 or TA-02 ,(Hummer, S-10, Ford F-150 and Toyota Hilux)and Modified class Tubers.
• 4-wheel steering or dig is allowed in modified class only (you must choose 1 per course).
• No "Motor On Axle" (MOA) of any kind. All motors, transmissions, and other electronics (other than steering servos) must be chassis or frame mounted. Your axles must be driven by one transmission or transfer case and a minimum of two driveshafts (except CC-01, TA-02, etc) No separate throttle control of drive shafts or axles.
• There are no wheel size distinctions. For example, you can run a 1.55, 1.9, 2.0 or 2.2 rim in any class. Wheels larger than 2.2 are not allowed in any class and no short course style wheels with split diameters.
• Spare tires must be within 1/4" diameter of your drive tires to receive points.
• Any functional recovery tools you wish to use during your run, you must carry it on your rig at all times. IE tow strap, pull pal, and sand ladders.
• Winching can only be performed off of natural objects (i.e. trees, rocks, etc...), other vehicles, or stakes supplied by the course builder. Winching off of a person such as their shoe or hand is not allowed.
• All vehicles should have the motor, transmission, and electronics covered and hidden when viewed from the top and sides. Batteries must be chassis mounted and should be hidden from view.
• Courses will be tough and made to push the scale vehicle's limits. This is to encourage competitors to improve their rigs from one event to another.
• Winches are HIGHLY recommended!!!!! Expect to use a winch.
• Water proofing is HIGHLY recommended!!!!! Expect your rig to get wet.

Tire Ban List:

• Losi Claws (all sizes, and types)
• Hot Bodies Rovers (all sizes)
• Hot Bodies Sedonas
• HPI Rock Grabbers
• Panther Cougars
• Panther Leopards
• Pro-Line Chisels (all sizes)
• RC4WD Rocklin
• RC4WD X-Locks (all sizes)
• RC4WD Crazy Crawlers
• Imex Skulls and Bones
• Losi Bashers

Tires should be scale appearing, if it is questionable have it reviewed before the event, or plan to run a different tire. As new competition specific tires are released this list may be updated.

Class-1 “Street” Details:
• Vehicle must have a windshield that fills the entire windshield frame.
• Full width bumpers are required on the front and rear of the vehicle. Bumpers that are molded into the body qualify. A rear bumper is not required on a flatbed, but adding one to the flatbed will gain the additional scale points. (Bumpers are measured from the outsides and must be the width of your windshield).
• Wheels must be aligned within the body wheel wells (center of wheels to center of wheel wells +/- 1/2 inch total combined)
• The vehicles body must be mostly intact. Only mild trimming such as flairs & removing a hardtop are allowed. If the hardtop is removed, a full interior is required (no extreme trimming of bodies allowed *See below.)
• The tread of the tires cannot extend outside of the wheel wells more then 1/2 of the tread width, flairs can be added to reach min. spec.
• Vehicle must run a full length rail chassis (The rail chassis must be as long as the vehicles wheelbase)(Tamiya CC-01 chassis are allowed).
• Truggies are not allowed, flatbeds with full length rail chassis are allowed. The bed must be as wide as the cab the entire length of the bed. Cab only not allowed.
• Tires can never extend beyond the body’s bumpers or the rear of any truck bed. (Any stingers, fairleads, shackles, bolts, etc are not considered part of a bumper when determining this.)
• Dovetailing is not allowed.
• Sectioning or narrowing of the body is not allowed.
• Bobbing a truck bed is allowed, but must follow all body specs.
• Boat sides are not allowed.
• 106mm / 4.19" Max tire size including spares.
• Gates will be a minimum of 11" wide (so mind your width).

Class-2 “Trail” Details:

• Body/cage work must be at least 4.5" tall (including boat sides) and the inside of the front tires cannot extend outside of the width of the cab at the doors.
• A front bumper is required and must be mounted to the vehicle's rail chassis and must be wider than the outside of the chassis rails (chassis cross rails do not count as bumpers).
• You must run a full rail chassis, and the chassis (including bumpers) must be 3" longer than the wheelbase (this includes a chassis with a truggy rear frame).
•Truggies are allowed, but you must replace the ladder frame behind the cab with tube, and the truggy rails must extend past the rear axle pumpkin to be legal. The bed must have a roll bar hoop and integrated shock mounts. It also must be a structural part of the rear of the vehicle. (If your bed does not meet ALL of the preceding criteria, it does not count as a truggy bed).
• Flatbeds that run the full length of the rail chassis are allowed. The bed must be as wide as the cab the entire length of the bed.
• 2 of the 3 following modifications are allowed:
- Dovetailing the rear (a truggy/tube bed that is narrower than the cab counts as a dovetail).
- Boat sides (no more than 1" measured vertically).
- Pinching the front (2/3 the width of the widest part of the cab).
• Sectioning or narrowing of the body is not allowed.
• 120mm / 4.75" max tire size with a 2.2 max rim size including spare.
• Gates will be a minimum of 12" wide (so mind your width).

Class-3 “Modified” Details:
• 146mm / 5.75" max tire size with a 2.2 max rim size (including spare).
• A bumper is not required, but to be counted for points it must be mounted to the vehicle's chassis and wider than the the chassis rails (chassis cross rails do not count as bumpers).
• Gates will be a minimum of 13" wide.
• All bodies (including tubers) must measure a minimum of five inches wide from front to rear of door, measure a minimum of 4.5 inches tall as measured from the skid to the tallest point on the body (including light bars), and must be at least as long as the vehicle's wheelbase.
• Body modifications including, but not limited to, pinched front, dove-tailing and boat-siding are permitted as long as the final dimensions comply with the minimum size rules.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:18 PM   #4498

Quote:
o thanks !

heres the rules. it may be kinda hard to follow... honestly your best bet would be to come to an event and see the classes in person.
2012 SORCCA Scale Rules

in a nutshell...

class3 - 5.75"h max tire, 4ws, rear dig, etc allowed. full-on purpose-built for off road only. (a wraith is a easy example of a class3)

class2 - 4.75"h max tire, no rear 4ws or dig allowed. highly modded, yet could be street driven but probably not far. (honcho good example)

class1 - 4.18"h max tire, no rear 4ws, no dig, daily drivers with basic mods like lifts and bumpers and bigger tires. (trailfinder)
Old 04-25-2012, 07:48 PM   #4499

Quote:
Originally Posted by saydee1800 View Post
JAS82

here it is

Nice
JAS82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:12 PM   #4500
Quarry Creeper

thanks guys ,ive been reading all day and i never found that info ..
so after seeing that i guess im aiming for class 2 will this work nice any one try or seen one the fact that its says its no longer made bothers me a bit should i be concerned about that ?
Trail Finder 1/10 4 Link Truck Kit (Red)

Last edited by bronc4now; 04-25-2012 at 09:25 PM.

Tags
baby mama drama, ban the mouth!, disappearing ta, disappearing tag show, fattittybrits, kidsthesedays, ls1 everything, rc hippies, tittie artist, winter is lame