Scale Detail Engineering

Default Re: NIRC. Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by saydee1800 View Post
Is all those Dam Gif's you keep posting
BLASPHEMY!

I really don't know a good place to map it. sorry

I will see if I can find a parking lot close. That might make it easier[/QUOTE]

What road is it on and a street nearby maybe?
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2012, 01:29 PM   #7642
RCC Addict

Quote:
SKY LIPO 5000mAh 40C 7.4V Hardcase Lipo Battery Pack ROAR Racing Approved
?

Thanks

I have been running True RC for a few years but since I really don't compete I don't know how it would work.

I haven't talk to him in months
I have been running GForce for a few years. Price and performance is hard to beat, Price is stupid low, come with Dean's and they arrive 2 to 3 days after you order.

This is what I run on the track, 5900MHr 2S 60C for $35.85 a pack

Value Hobby R/C Hobby Store: GForce 60C 5900mAh 2S 7.4V LiPO

And these are my Crawler Packs now, 2200MHr 3S 30C for $16.50 a pack

Value Hobby R/C Hobby Store: GForce 30C 2200mAh 3S 11.1V LiPO

But I am buying these now, 2200MHr 3S 60C for $25.50 a pack

http://www.valuehobby.com/power-syst...1-1v-lipo.html

And the big bonus is that it takes 2 to 3 days to get them with Dean's and heavy gauge wire for very cheap shipping instead of the long delay or high shipping for most of the Sky, Rhino, Turnigy, Zippy and Gens brands.

Stay WAY clear of the Turnigy and Zippy, they will puff within 12 months of starting to use them and I never run mine to Lipo Cutoff or charge higher than 1C. I have puffed and trashed a bucketful of them from 2S to 5S.
neillarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:39 PM   #7643
RCC Addict

I had Gforce send me a pack with holes in the side of it.. I never sent it back or used it. And I had another Gforce pack die after 2 uses.. It just wouldn't register on the charger, kept saying "no battery" when I plugged it in. And another Gforce pack wont balance anymore, its shot after a handful of uses.

Now, I haven't been in the lipo game as long as some of you but, I never had a problem or issue with ANY battery unless there was a Gforce sticker on it.

I still have... 2s 5000 25c, 3s 4400 40c, 3s 1300 30c Gforce packs that have been going strong with no problems but, thats only half of my Gforce experience.

So, with that being said, I'm not doing Gforce anymore. I never charge higher than 1c and always balance. I understand the one battery I got that was damaged and I never sent back is on me but, still..

It seems that everyone else is having great luck with Gforce and thats great. I'm not bashing. I have great luck with Sky Lipo so, I'm going to keep on that road for now.
Die-Laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:43 PM   #7644
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die-Laughing View Post
I had Gforce send me a pack with holes in the side of it.. I never sent it back or used it. And I had another Gforce pack die after 2 uses.. It just wouldn't register on the charger, kept saying "no battery" when I plugged it in. And another Gforce pack wont balance anymore, its shot after a handful of uses.

Now, I haven't been in the lipo game as long as some of you but, I never had a problem or issue with ANY battery unless there was a Gforce sticker on it.

I still have... 2s 5000 25c, 3s 4400 40c, 3s 1300 30c Gforce packs that have been going strong with no problems but, thats only half of my Gforce experience.

So, with that being said, I'm not doing Gforce anymore. I never charge higher than 1c and always balance. I understand the one battery I got that was damaged and I never sent back is on me but, still..

It seems that everyone else is having great luck with Gforce and thats great. I'm not bashing. I have great luck with Sky Lipo so, I'm going to keep on that road for now.
Understand your feelings, that was why I grid stay away from Turnigy and Zippy but others will claim they are great. I have a couple Sky and they seem fine but they don't seem to have as high a C rating as GForce, but we all know that most C ratings are bullshit.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:15 PM   #7645
Pebble Pounder

You have to be careful with the foreign made batteries. They are not tested to equivalent measures that we re quite in the US. Because of the exploding, pun intended, lipo market the UN is trying to make Lithium batteries their own hazard class. I deal with these on a daily basis, just on a much bigger scale.
gottwins? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:18 PM   #7646
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by neillarson View Post
Understand your feelings, that was why I grid stay away from Turnigy and Zippy but others will claim they are great. I have a couple Sky and they seem fine but they don't seem to have as high a C rating as GForce, but we all know that most C ratings are bullshit.
I'm using turnigy! I have some ole 5000Mah that are finally dieing after 2+Yrs of literal abuse in my scalers and bashing my xxx-sct. I'm pretty happy with 110.00 (4packs) for 2 years of use.

I'm running their 6600's in my Scte and 4200 Shorty's in my 22. They seem to work really well! The shipping is much better on them lately since they opened the US warehouse.. I want to try some of their A-Spec's I may buy a couple to replace my failing 5000Mah. Guess they are supposed to be very very good and deliver a ton of amps and stay relatively cool ?? Time will tell

http://www.rccaraction.com/blog/2012...ipo-batteries/

Last edited by WarTrader; 08-21-2012 at 03:22 PM.
WarTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:02 PM   #7647
Rock Crawler

Well if I can sell off one of my wraiths and some radio's I'm going to be really busy this next weekend. I'm really looking foreward to the next trip to the track. Maybe we should try and arrange a NIRC race LOL....
WarTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:21 PM   #7648
RCC Addict

I am dumping the rest of my Reedy's, they work fine but are Hardcase 5000MHr 2S 20C, just don't have the oomph for the track. If anyone is running a Class one with room for a 5000, you can have these 2 I have left. I have one puffed 4800MHr 2S 30C GForce and it's unpuffed brother I am going to Dump as I add more of the 60C stuff. I hate looking at my piles of 1300 and 2200 2S and 3S that are, in some cases puffed and perfect in others, but all are 25C or 30C.

So I am on a crusade to dump them all over the next 2 months while I am sitting in the RV with no bills. Got our closing date today on the new house, Nov 1st. Once we close, we will start construction of the new shop and then I can get my toys out of storage. Can't wait.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:24 PM   #7649
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottwins? View Post
You have to be careful with the foreign made batteries. They are not tested to equivalent measures that we re quite in the US. Because of the exploding, pun intended, lipo market the UN is trying to make Lithium batteries their own hazard class. I deal with these on a daily basis, just on a much bigger scale.
It really os a Cost per Battery issue with me. When I buy batterys for $35 that last 1 to 2 years, I don't bitch if they puff, but when I used to buy MaxAmps (POS's), Reedys and Thunder Powers at $100 or more PER battery and they puff in 1 to 2 years, I get pissed. Even though you really have to replace them every 2 years or so to keep on the upper side of the C rating and the MHr rating.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:00 PM   #7650
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by neillarson View Post
It really os a Cost per Battery issue with me. When I buy batterys for $35 that last 1 to 2 years, I don't bitch if they puff, but when I used to buy MaxAmps (POS's), Reedys and Thunder Powers at $100 or more PER battery and they puff in 1 to 2 years, I get pissed. Even though you really have to replace them every 2 years or so to keep on the upper side of the C rating and the MHr rating.

MaxAmps pack do suck.

I have puff three
sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:55 PM   #7651

ive had lipos of all names fail.

im more than happy with either sky or gforce for the price. i buy the gforce stuff mainly to put money in the pocket of a local business man.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:57 PM   #7652
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
ive had lipos of all names fail.

im more than happy with either sky or gforce for the price. i buy the gforce stuff mainly to put money in the pocket of a local business man.
Where do you buy these from?
Old 08-21-2012, 06:05 PM   #7653

Quote:
Where do you buy these from?
gforce from valuehobby, sky from hobbypartz.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:16 PM   #7654
Pebble Pounder

Neil let me know about the batteries you want to dump
gottwins? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:26 PM   #7655
Rock Crawler

Chuck I'll sell you mine if you want them. I have 2 GForce 2S (30C I think) 5000mah soft packs, 2 Turnigy (I think) 3S 4400mah soft packs and 2 GForce 2S 2200mah soft packs (prob 25C). PM me if you want any of them. None of them are very old.

Edit: I ordered 4 Gens Ace batteries...$29 each. 2S 5000mah hard packs, 50C. We'll see how they do. I hear good things.
JHTreyIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:52 AM   #7656
RCC Addict

I'm going to sell my GCM60 axles after I finish up the delrin diff armor I'm making. So, if anyone is interested...

And that would put me at just under $3000 in R/C's sold this month. That's a lot of money. I didn't even sell that much stuff.. I guess that's what happens when people want to pay saydee1800 prices for some killer stuff. Haha. Just playin saydee. And, I still have enough rigs to play with whatever you guys do. Racing & scaling. Weird. Now, I'll have to play catch-up.

Last edited by Die-Laughing; 08-22-2012 at 08:14 AM.
Die-Laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:35 AM   #7657

Quote:
I'm going to sell my GCM60 axles after I finish up the delrin diff armor I'm making. So, if anyone is interested...

And that would put me at just under $3000 in R/C's sold this month. That's a lot of money. I didn't even sell that much stuff.. I guess that's what happens when people want to pay saydee1800 prices for some killer stuff. Haha. Just playin saydee. And, I still have enough rigs to play with whatever you guys do. Racing & scaling. Weird. Now, I'll have to play catch-up.
you know i want them delrin bits...

i might start to sell some stuff as well. been thinking lately about moving to colorado or west coast and if i sold one thing a week that would be that much less crap to worry about.

doesnt help that last night i bought an old rc10gt for no good reason other than its old...

*Vintage Team Associated RC10T Nitro RC Truck #5314 | eBay

looks to be in great shape, early edition white plastic, hydra-drive... make a good shelf queen.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:40 AM   #7658
Scale Detail Engineering

yeah, I'm going down to Chase today to open another savings account.
I'm going to start saving up for some big boy toys for next spring.

I'm thinking an old Honda XR and something to tow it with (Land Cruiser, 4Runner, Jeep)... Susan has already asked if I could keep it at Trey's house!

So, do you think you'll actually go Jason?
What about work (not LB, work in CO)?
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:02 AM   #7659
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I guess that's what happens when people want to pay saydee1800 prices for some killer stuff. Haha. Just playin saydee. And, I still have enough rigs to play with whatever you guys do. Racing & scaling. Weird. Now, I'll have to play catch-up.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:13 AM   #7660

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
So, do you think you'll actually go Jason?
What about work (not LB, work in CO)?
i dunno... all i know is i want a much simpler life and job. i dont care if there is less money, i want more time to enjoy my life.

i know very well after 14 years here that i wont ever really like city life and corporate culture. i'd love to have a job/career that makes me feel good and has some sort of sense of accomplishment or whatever.

first step i think is just to clear the clutter of all the crap i've accumulated over the years ive been here. i got sooo much stuff it feels like it'll be impossible to get rid of it all. unless i give it away or throw it away, and that just aint gonna happen.

i think maybe i'll start this weekend. i need to do inventory and organize all my stuff anyway.

Tags
baby mama drama, ban the mouth!, disappearing ta, disappearing tag show, fattittybrits, kidsthesedays, ls1 everything, rc hippies, tittie artist, winter is lame