Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Illinois

Notices

Thread: NIRC. Chit Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2012, 12:55 PM   #8061
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: NIRC. Chit Chat

Looking for some help.

I am having a new fence put into my backyard Tuesday, so I had to rip my rock course apart.

That was the easy part. Anyway I am looking to rebuild it bigger and better. Anyone wanna lend a hand. I think if the NIRC guys pitch a hand it would make for a great scale course.

Maybe Polar II?
sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2012, 02:04 PM   #8062
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally1800 View Post
Looking for some help.

I am having a new fence put into my backyard Tuesday, so I had to rip my rock course apart.

That was the easy part. Anyway I am looking to rebuild it bigger and better. Anyone wanna lend a hand. I think if the NIRC guys pitch a hand it would make for a great scale course.
Sally, girl... you so crazy!

Working on Roselle or the bmx track is one thing... but landscaping your backyard!
PM Snow, I bet he'll give a good price!
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:20 PM   #8063
RCC Addict

Move the rocks to the public bmx track and build a rock race course or something. Id help do something like that. I dont want to help fix your private back yard though.
Die-Laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:24 PM   #8064
Rock Crawler

So my dad has a '72 Chevy K5 Blazer. He restored it about 11 years ago but doesn't drive it much any more. He's been thinking about selling it for quite a while now. It's really a nice one. This weekend we were talking about it and I jokingly said I'd give him my motorcycle for it...well, to my surprise, he said "okay."

I know it sounds a little nuts but I'm a little bit unsure about it. My bike is probably worth 1/3 the value of the blazer. I never ride it. I really like it though. What the heck do I need another truck for? It's too nice to really off road with. With the trade there would be an expectation that I'd keep it. I couldn't just sell it...and buy another bike or car or anything. He'd expect payment for the delta I'm sure.

I just don't know...it's such a cool truck.
JHTreyIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:34 PM   #8065
RCC Addict

Hmm.. Interesting. I think you already know what the answer is.
Die-Laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:34 PM   #8066
Rock Crawler

Hey just wanted to say it was really nice seeing and BSing with you guys again! I'll probably be heading back to the track next weekend. I have gotten my buggy sorted out and want to run it and my XXX-SCT. Going to try to get some real shocks put in it this week. I might even put the TLR kit in it??

I'll keep watching and I'll try to hit one of the crawler events before it gets cold.

Rick I watched your race from Fri. The guy with that yellow truck is a machine, he hardly bobbled at all.. You did damn good though bro! I wish I could be that consistant. Practice practice practice!!!!
WarTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:01 PM   #8067
Scale Detail Engineering

does he actually really want the/a bike?

I wouldn't take it if you have no use for it... buy him a bike and inherit the Blazer.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:37 PM   #8068

Quote:
Originally Posted by thzero View Post
So did you get tiny tim done?
not quite but closer. good enough for ttc.

beefed up the front and rear ends, lots more detail work on the spare tire cage and tube bed.

now that its close to done all i can see is what i would do differently... ;)

if i ever start another from scratch its gonna be simple, and stainless. i started tinytim with the idea of simple and wow... i got way off track.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:47 PM   #8069
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
Sally, girl... you so crazy!

Working on Roselle or the bmx track is one thing... but landscaping your backyard!
PM Snow, I bet he'll give a good price!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Die-Laughing View Post
Move the rocks to the public bmx track and build a rock race course or something. Id help do something like that. I dont want to help fix your private back yard though.
Quote:
Hmm.. Interesting. I think you already know what the answer is.

Ok it was just a thought. It is not landscaping, just offering a idea as most places do suck. To crawl local.

Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited by sally1800; 09-03-2012 at 05:50 PM.
sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:59 PM   #8070

trey is it that your dad maybe wants you to have it? even if you dont want/need it now, later in life it may be one of those things you really regret not doing. get a storage unit and take it out on the weekends once in awhile.

72 blazers are real hard to come by, especially ones your dad fixed up.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:29 PM   #8071
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
trey is it that your dad maybe wants you to have it? even if you dont want/need it now, later in life it may be one of those things you really regret not doing. get a storage unit and take it out on the weekends once in awhile.

True dat. Wish I still had mine.
thzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:25 PM   #8072
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
does he actually really want the/a bike?

I wouldn't take it if you have no use for it... buy him a bike and inherit the Blazer.
Well he's got plenty of bikes. He's been wanting a new one and he's always liked mine. Would that be what he bought if he went out and got one? No. But his plan was to sell the blazer and get a new bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post

Very true. I can always get another bike. That truck is very rare especially in that condition. With a little clean up and a fancy paint job it could be a show truck. It's so close now. Okay, good call Jason, that settles it.

I could use an SUV anyway to transport all my toys around! He's planning to drive it up here in the next few weeks and drive my bike back to Dallas. That's a long haul on a sport bike.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:28 PM   #8073
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottwins? View Post
Hey Neil, I'll hold onto your MOG you hold onto my SC10 4x4?
Hahahaha.

Well, we got to MS, dodged most if Issac though EVERYTHING is muddy. Fired up the 90 Toyota, it doesn't get much run time if we aren't down here as everyone has a truck already.

Settled on a Manufactered home. Final order and down payment is tomorrow. Comes in 3 pieces and has 1748sq feet of living space. Does that make me Trailer Trash now?

We also changed the plan for the shop. Decided I really didn't need a 4 car garage and an office/workshop. Really don't have the time for playing with hot rods or classics anymore (or the money in retirement). Going instead with a 12'X28' combined office and shop. Welding gear, tractor, 4wheelers and my wife's 4X4 will go in a pole barn. Much cheaper and better use of my space.

Going to stop tomorrow and look at a '71 Bronco, but I think it needs too much metal work. Not rust, just beat up. Not really ready to buy yet anyway, just window shopping.

Let me know if you guys will be at LiTHs on the 16th, I will stop by and hang a bit. Got to go see our buds play at Bandito Barney's in the afternoon but have till about noon to hang
neillarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:34 PM   #8074
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Well, racing tonight was pretty fun. I got consistent 3rd place finishes in 2 heats & the A-mains. It may sound good but, to me I feel like the fastest slow guy. The two top guys are fast as hell. quite a bit faster than me. I'm quite a bit faster than everyone behind me though.
All I can say is you better get used to a consistent 4th place! Oh man, I kid. Better start practicing.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:10 PM   #8075
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHTreyIII View Post
All I can say is you better get used to a consistent 4th place! Oh man, I kid. Better start practicing.
So did you do rear or mid motor?
Old 09-03-2012, 09:18 PM   #8076
Rock Crawler

Quote:
So did you do rear or mid motor?
Rear. I'm curious to see what you think about the mid option.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:48 PM   #8077
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHTreyIII View Post
Rear. I'm curious to see what you think about the mid option.
Dunno, just barely got it slapped together and screwed up the wires on the motor which are too short.

One thing though, its a tight fit for standard batteries with the mid-motor.

What spur and pinion did you use? I used the 78/24 as recommended, but 24 is the biggest pinion that seems to fit.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:21 AM   #8078
Rock Crawler

Quote:
What spur and pinion did you use? I used the 78/24 as recommended, but 24 is the biggest pinion that seems to fit.

I was planning to use the same.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
Old 09-04-2012, 10:27 AM   #8079
Scale Detail Engineering

Bam!: NIRC Day Comps / Single Events.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:14 AM   #8080
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottwins? View Post
So I've got all the parts from the TTC trophy truck and I have a couple of things bouncing around my head. I really appreciate the opportunity to build and break in the truck but we are missing a few crucial parts. Johnny lent me the majority of the parts to finish the build, but he will need these back. I'd rather hold off and build the truck when we don't have to use borrowed parts. If that means I'm just hanging out and drinking on the 22nd, I'm cool with that.
The parts that Johnny lent us are the chassis, axles, and trans. I really hope this doesn't sound to dickish because it's not meant that way at all. Does this make sense?
Quote:
No, that makes sense. Another option would be to use the parts and then replace them for johnny. I have a scx10 complete trans to throw in. So, you can keep johnnys aside if its all modded or whatever. I'll have it for ya next time.
Hey Chuck, I'd like to see you scale/camp with us... that's why I offered up the parts.

I'm fine with replacements but I had assumed that I'd just get my parts back after the camping trip and we'd continue to scrounge up any missing parts for the TTC prize rig... like DL's trans.

I'm donating all the axle innards for sure, I also have a dig I was going to donate... and I think I have some stock driveshaft parts. Not sure about the shocks, I kinda wanted to keep them.

The big thing is the chassis.

Tags
baby mama drama, ban the mouth!, disappearing ta, disappearing tag show, fattittybrits, kidsthesedays, ls1 everything, rc hippies, tittie artist, winter is lame