Old 11-03-2011, 09:56 AM   #941
Scale Detail Engineering

on 1.9's

johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2011, 10:44 AM   #942
Scale Detail Engineering

Cool ohhh yeah

I haven't mentioned anything about this because I wasn't sure it was going to happen... but, I believe I'm about to be the proud new owner of a bad ass C3 chassis!

more info to come
Old 11-03-2011, 10:46 AM   #943
RCC Addict

That thing is lookin mean!

Im bustin ass to try to get my rig done up for sunday! A lot more to do yet!
Die-Laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:49 AM   #944
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by die-laughing View Post
That thing is lookin mean!

Im bustin ass to try to get my rig done up for sunday! A lot more to do yet!
I could still do some trail driving gtg for Sunday
thzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:49 AM   #945
Scale Detail Engineering

Saydee just said we should cancel.

Thanks, ever since the Wraith was announced I knew the axles were going under this RC4WD Rock Rider chassis! I wanted to stuff my 2 speed in it but it doesn't want to fit. Unless I can figure out a new upper link layout.

This is going to be my basher

Last edited by johnnyh66; 11-03-2011 at 10:55 AM.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:50 AM   #946
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by thzero View Post
I could still do some trail driving gtg for Sunday
I can do that.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:16 AM   #947
RCC Addict

I have one of the 10a CC BEC's that I still have to figure out how to wire up (I know Ive seen the info on here somewhere) but, does anyone have the Castle Link because If im remember correctly, I need to set the voltage to my Savox servo specs.
I have the MMP in another truck and I have the field program card for that. Im not sure if that will tune the BEC but, I dont think so.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:22 AM   #948
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I have one of the 10a CC BEC's that I still have to figure out how to wire up (I know Ive seen the info on here somewhere) but, does anyone have the Castle Link because If im remember correctly, I need to set the voltage to my Savox servo specs.
I have the MMP in another truck and I have the field program card for that. Im not sure if that will tune the BEC but, I dont think so.
I don't rightly know if it will or not. I can bring my laptop though if need be to tune it.

Check out the ESC in that picture. Basically I just trimmed some the casing off the wire, and wire the red and black BEC wires as appropriate. Granted had to take off the Deans plug to get some shrink wrap on, but I found that this method works pretty well.

Here is the Castle wiring guide.

Old 11-03-2011, 11:34 AM   #949
RCC Addict

Thanks, I heard that they ship the BEC's setup for 5.0v and I want 7.4v

My servo specs:

Dual Ball Bearings
Orange Anodized Alum. Heatsink
Weight:62g
Speed: .11 sec/60 deg. @ 7.4v
Torque: 26.0/361 kg-cm/oz-in @ 7.4v

Although, I heard that if I only run the FXR on 2s, I wont need the BEC but, I want to run on 3s.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:31 PM   #950
Rock Crawler

I do believe that is correct as far as the default setting.

Quote:
Thanks, I heard that they ship the BEC's setup for 5.0v and I want 7.4v
Old 11-03-2011, 01:23 PM   #951
RCC Addict

Quote:

i have a Castle Link hook u if you need it. I can bring my laptop if we go this weekend.

On the Savox, you should be fine with 6V. To wire it up, the best (imo) is the connect the red and black to your ESCs battery connectors, plug the receiver connection into the bat or any unused channel on your receiver, unplug your ESC receiver connector and using a fine pointed tool, lift the plastic tab on the center pin and pull it out of the connector. Put shrink-wrap on it for protection. DO NOT cut it. there are time, when you Link it, you will need to reattach it.
neillarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:28 PM   #952
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by neillarson View Post
i have a Castle Link hook u if you need it. I can bring my laptop if we go this weekend.
Thats what I said!

Quote:
To wire it up, the best (imo) is the connect the red and black to your ESCs battery connectors.
I did it this way initially for the Honcho I did not like it, because the BEC generally goes with the receiver, and when it was soldered to the battery connector, it made it hard to move the battery and connectors around as you were having to drag the BEC wires too. So I went and moved it to where I did instead. Now it does not interfere with battery placement and connecting to the batteries.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:39 PM   #953
RCC Addict

When I run an FXR, I attach it to the ESC.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:42 PM   #954
RCC Addict

and it is really hard bouncing between the RC Crawlers forum, the RC Scale Builders forum, the Guitar forum and the Amp forum. Sooner or later I am going to cross post and confuse the hell out of everyone else.

Want to talk about a Fender Hot Rod Delux or a Gisbon ES335 Archtop? I am sure the guys on the other forums would be googling like crazy to find a guitar called the Wraith.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:44 PM   #955
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Want to talk about a Fender Hot Rod Delux or a Gisbon ES335 Archtop? I am sure the guys on the other forums would be googling like crazy to find a guitar called the Wraith.
That would be funny!
Old 11-03-2011, 01:45 PM   #956
RCC Addict

I was wrong, they would find one right away.

Vintage 'Metal Axxe' Wraith Electric Guitar - Helms Black Flame - Electric Guitars from Guitarbitz UK
Old 11-03-2011, 01:46 PM   #957
RCC Addict

So, you think I should set the Savox to 6.0v? The BEC comes preset to 5.0v, while I have to change it anyways.. You dont think its a good idea to set it up with 7.4v and be done with it?

So your saying that I cant quite seal up my electronics box just yet because I have to tune the BEC. Thats cool. Atleast were not having a comp this weekend so, I'll just try to stay dry. That is, if I finish the damn thing by then.

Thanks for offering up the laptops by the way, you guys are the shizznit.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:49 PM   #958

i would search the elecs section for a couple posts related to the cc 10a bec and people frying them.

i've fried 3 this past year... just all the sudden a glitchy servo and then no worky. and 2 of those bec's had been installed for years.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:00 PM   #959
RCC Addict

Quote:
So, you think I should set the Savox to 6.0v? The BEC comes preset to 5.0v, while I have to change it anyways.. You dont think its a good idea to set it up with 7.4v and be done with it?

So your saying that I cant quite seal up my electronics box just yet because I have to tune the BEC. Thats cool. Atleast were not having a comp this weekend so, I'll just try to stay dry. That is, if I finish the damn thing by then.

Thanks for offering up the laptops by the way, you guys are the shizznit.
Check your servo manual. If you have a HV server like the HS 7954SG, 7.4 is great. But, make sure (if you have 4WS) that you front and rear can handle it.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:00 PM   #960
RCC Addict

Yeah, I did run across a few threads related to that. I guess I figured I would be ok because I have the new style 10a with capacitor. Well, that and the fact that I was running out of time to get it finished so, I figured something would be better than nothing. So, do you think I should just run no BEC with the FXR on 2s until I can get ahold of the CC BEC 25a?

Edit: I only have front steer.

Tags
baby mama drama, ban the mouth!, disappearing ta, disappearing tag show, fattittybrits, kidsthesedays, ls1 everything, rc hippies, tittie artist, winter is lame