Notices

Thread: NIRC. Chit Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 08:30 AM   #10001
Scale Detail Engineering

Default Re: NIRC. Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
i sure hope vp is making a bunch of those...
They are nice, I love the mix and match aspect.

The 2013 Melons...
I finally decided on the orange stripe over the more subtle, gloss black stripe.
Attached Images

johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2012, 11:27 AM   #10002
RCC Addict

Any chevy/toyota 6luggers need 33's & wheels? I'd like to keep them together for now. If they don't sell in the near future, I'm going to use the tires on my new wheels. I just figured I could sell the whole setup and have money towards new tires for my other wheels.

33x12.5x15 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R on 15x8 6lug 6x5.5 steelies. I have 5wheels & 5tires total.

Trey! You need these! Jason? Johnny wanna turn that subaru into a subarubicon?
Die-Laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:33 AM   #10003
Scale Detail Engineering

Let's Go!
Old 11-27-2012, 11:52 AM   #10004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die-Laughing View Post
Trey! You need these! Jason? Johnny wanna turn that subaru into a subarubicon?
actually im in need of some new or newer tires. been dreading taking it to a shop when who knows what will happen to my truck...

how much and how decent is the tread?
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:26 PM   #10005
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Trey! You need these!
I do like them but I don't think they'd really fit my style. I'm sticking with the style that fits the 70's era and black wheels isn't it. I need something shiney! How much would you want for just the tires?

Honestly you'd probably do better to sell them to someone who isn't your friend...so you can ask for more and not feel guilty. Put them on Craigslist. That's how I sold the ones that came off my Toyota.
JHTreyIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:05 PM   #10006
RCC Addict

Yeah, I hear that.

I think I'll just mount them to my new wheels.. New tires are ridiculously expensive, especially if you want a spare. There's nothing wrong with my tires and they are the size I need so, I'm gonna rock them. I just saw it as an opportunity for an upgrade. I'll have to put them old rims on craigslist though. Meh.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:21 PM   #10007
Rock Crawler

Well got the CMS mounted, the transfer case and figured out the lengths for the rear links not only for a bit longer wheelbase but to get rid of some of the angle in the driveline. Also mounted the motor/trans so now just gotta hook the trans to the transfer case and slap in some electronics and see how it runs....
thzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:38 AM   #10008

Quote:
Originally Posted by thzero View Post
Well got the CMS mounted, the transfer case and figured out the lengths for the rear links not only for a bit longer wheelbase but to get rid of some of the angle in the driveline. Also mounted the motor/trans so now just gotta hook the trans to the transfer case and slap in some electronics and see how it runs....
gcm tcase? if so locktight the grub screws in the tcase pinions and get them really good and tight, or else you will be sorry.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:16 AM   #10009
Rock Crawler

Quote:
gcm tcase? if so locktight the grub screws in the tcase pinions and get them really good and tight, or else you will be sorry.
Yeah GCM. I've got them locktighted, but I'll double check them. Ended up having to flip the tranny around from the way I initially had it; good thing that Rick's mount allows me to do that without issue. Otherwise, I was getting my driveline crossed and it was rubbing.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:24 AM   #10010
RCC Addict

PowerBall!
Old 11-28-2012, 10:47 AM   #10011

Quote:
PowerBall!
oh yeah...
Old 11-28-2012, 11:21 AM   #10012
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Yeah GCM. I've got them locktighted, but I'll double check them. Ended up having to flip the tranny around from the way I initially had it; good thing that Rick's mount allows me to do that without issue. Otherwise, I was getting my driveline crossed and it was rubbing.
Hey it's running.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:59 AM   #10013

Quote:
Hey it's running.
what are you using for your intermediate shaft? is that just a hacked down axial scx driveshaft? did you glue it or are there remaining splines with it that short.

i tried that with the wraith rtr driveshafts but i couldnt get them short enough.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:06 PM   #10014
Rock Crawler

Quote:
what are you using for your intermediate shaft? is that just a hacked down axial scx driveshaft? did you glue it or are there remaining splines with it that short.

i tried that with the wraith rtr driveshafts but i couldnt get them short enough.
I'm actually using the wraith rtr driveshafts; was able to cut them down. May make another set as I have a bit of a gap once I got everything situated, that way I have max. spline on spline action going. Then I was thinking of gluing it together too. The splines with the Wraith RTR go all the way to the bottom of the shaft on both the male and female side.

I have some SCX10 driveshafts I could try too. I was considering hacking up a set of MIP but I heard that the splines on the female side don't go all the way to the bottom of the shaft, so might make it rather worthless. May also try a set of junfaq (sp?) shafts due their construction they may very well be able to be cut-down without issue.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:43 PM   #10015

Quote:
I'm actually using the wraith rtr driveshafts; was able to cut them down. May make another set as I have a bit of a gap once I got everything situated, that way I have max. spline on spline action going. Then I was thinking of gluing it together too. The splines with the Wraith RTR go all the way to the bottom of the shaft on both the male and female side.

I have some SCX10 driveshafts I could try too. I was considering hacking up a set of MIP but I heard that the splines on the female side don't go all the way to the bottom of the shaft, so might make it rather worthless. May also try a set of junfaq (sp?) shafts due their construction they may very well be able to be cut-down without issue.
hmm. i think the distance i have between my trans and tcase was just too short to do anything. i remember cutting them and right where i cut was where the screw that holds the yoke to the shaft was at.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:56 PM   #10016
Rock Crawler

Quote:
hmm. i think the distance i have between my trans and tcase was just too short to do anything. i remember cutting them and right where i cut was where the screw that holds the yoke to the shaft was at.
Yeah, I had to really play with the location of the trans/motor mount to get enough clearance to allow it to happen. Had to put the CMS servo latitudinal across the front of the chassis to get it to work, probably about where you have your servo winch.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:16 PM   #10017
I wanna be Dave

I have a custom MIP center shaft.
sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:48 PM   #10018
RCC Addict

I like cheese.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:51 PM   #10019
Scale Detail Engineering

you nasty!
Old 11-28-2012, 02:12 PM   #10020

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally1800 View Post
I have a custom MIP center shaft.
i do too, wpig said it was the shortest one he's ever made.

Tags
baby mama drama, ban the mouth!, disappearing ta, disappearing tag show, fattittybrits, kidsthesedays, ls1 everything, rc hippies, tittie artist, winter is lame