Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Illinois
Loading

Notices

Thread: NIRC. Chit Chat

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2013, 09:08 AM   #18101
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Sin City
Posts: 820
Default Re: NIRC. Chit Chat

So if you guys are trying to leave at the ass crack of dawn on Thursday then you'll probably beat me to PA. I'm planning to work half the day and leave after lunch. That should put me there around 6 PM or so. I'll probably go check into my hotel and then come to the camp site to hang out. You guys will be there by then won't you?
JHTreyIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2013, 10:02 AM   #18102
Moderator
 
badhoopty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: chicago
Posts: 2,814
Default Re: NIRC. Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHTreyIII View Post
So if you guys are trying to leave at the ass crack of dawn on Thursday then you'll probably beat me to PA. I'm planning to work half the day and leave after lunch. That should put me there around 6 PM or so. I'll probably go check into my hotel and then come to the camp site to hang out. You guys will be there by then won't you?
planning on being there as soon as i can be... wanting to leave around 5am to avoid traffic, probably find a cracker barrel along the way, but other than that straightlining it to the campgrounds so i can get a bearing on what and where things are.

i'll post my cell in the clubx section.

hey do the yurts have showers? if not, you guys that have no way of bathing can use ours. we got an extra bedroom too (i think) if needed.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:18 AM   #18103
Scale Detail Engineering
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turtle Island
Posts: 5,578
Default Re: NIRC. Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
hey do the yurts have showers? if not, you guys that have no way of bathing can use ours. we got an extra bedroom too (i think) if needed.
Yeah, the Yurt's have everything except ac and outer walls!

Zero is crashing at my place Wed and we're going to try for the 5am start time too. Need to get past the loop before morning rush hour.

Man, I am excited!
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:23 AM   #18104
Scale Detail Engineering
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turtle Island
Posts: 5,578
Default Re: NIRC. Chit Chat

lot's of toy trucks!
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:28 AM   #18105
Scale Detail Engineering
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turtle Island
Posts: 5,578
Default Re: NIRC. Chit Chat

Happy Monday!

Ohh, Irish eye's are smiling!
Attached Images
 
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:37 AM   #18106
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,920
Default Re: NIRC. Chit Chat

I'm hoping to be on the road by at least 5am thursday. Yeah Trey, we'll be there by noon thursday hopefully.

I think there are hot showers available to anyone at the campgrounds.

F*ckin stoked!
Die-Laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:44 AM   #18107
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: over there...
Posts: 337
Default Re: NIRC. Chit Chat

Man I bet this week is going to drag till Thursday for you guys ..
bronc4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:45 AM   #18108
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Sin City
Posts: 820
Default Re: NIRC. Chit Chat

Sweet then I'll just see you guys around 6 or 7, just in time to put back a few cold beers.

Geez, Johnny that's a lot of trucks! I bet that was a long day.
JHTreyIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:17 AM   #18109
Moderator
 
badhoopty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: chicago
Posts: 2,814
Default Re: NIRC. Chit Chat

i say 5am thursdat, but it wouldnt surprise me if i himhaw around and get a late start. i got to pack in the morning to avoid the possibility of my truck getting thieved with all my cool stuff inside.

6am is probably more realistic, and no later than 7am...
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:23 PM   #18110
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 539
Default Re: NIRC. Chit Chat

RC4WD Tightfit Truck Topper for the Mojave and Hilux Bodies
thzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:42 PM   #18111
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,920
Default Re: NIRC. Chit Chat

F*ck!

My 4runmer trans started shifting hard at lunch so, I got back to work.. Checked the fluid, it was low but, wasn't dirty nasty so.. Ok, I'll top it off after work. As i'm putting the dipstick back in.. It starts spitting pink milky shit out of the radiator overflow. Aww man. I think my trans oil cooler took a dump & leaked into my coolant.. Which means my radiator is junk.. But, I can't drive it anymore because I don't want water in my trans so, I gotta tow it home and do a radiator and a trans flush, gasket & filter. FML. It sucks but, I'm glad this didn't happen on the way to PA.
Die-Laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:48 PM   #18112
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Queen Creek, AZ
Posts: 360
Default Re: NIRC. Chit Chat

Hook the pop-up to the festiva! Roll into PA the illinois way
Mega Fattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:22 PM   #18113
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: mt prospect
Posts: 43
Default Re: NIRC. Chit Chat

man ive been on hiatus a while how is everyone? ive just been super busy. no progress on truck or fanboat either . soon....
lobojones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:24 PM   #18114
Moderator
 
badhoopty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: chicago
Posts: 2,814
Default Re: NIRC. Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die-Laughing View Post
F*ck!

My 4runmer trans started shifting hard at lunch so, I got back to work.. Checked the fluid, it was low but, wasn't dirty nasty so.. Ok, I'll top it off after work. As i'm putting the dipstick back in.. It starts spitting pink milky shit out of the radiator overflow. Aww man. I think my trans oil cooler took a dump & leaked into my coolant.. Which means my radiator is junk.. But, I can't drive it anymore because I don't want water in my trans so, I gotta tow it home and do a radiator and a trans flush, gasket & filter. FML. It sucks but, I'm glad this didn't happen on the way to PA.
oh man, that makes me remember that i still have to put my tranny cooler in my yota and bypass the stock.

if you need, i can tug your trailer. i dunno if i could fit all of us in the runner but if thats the only option we can make it work.

i had the same thing happen with my transam the last time i drove to ct for the vintage rc nationals, but it was the inline power steering cooler that puked into the cooling system (and vice-versa)... took forever to get all the damn power steering fluid out of the cooling and had to get a new power steering pump since it toasted the one in it.

...fortunately the steering rack wasnt messed up.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:40 PM   #18115
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,920
Default Re: NIRC. Chit Chat

Eh.. It should be good to go after I twist wrenches on it tonight. Gonna have to get a new radiator.. Do a coolant flush, trans flush and hopefully thats all.

Otherwise I'm buying a new vehicle! Haha. The bank wont give me 22k for the 08' taco but, they'll give me 12k. I don't know what I want in that price range though. Don't be a machinist! They are poor folk!
Die-Laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:46 PM   #18116
Moderator
 
badhoopty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: chicago
Posts: 2,814
Default Re: NIRC. Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die-Laughing View Post
Eh.. It should be good to go after I twist wrenches on it tonight. Gonna have to get a new radiator.. Do a coolant flush, trans flush and hopefully thats all.

Otherwise I'm buying a new vehicle! Haha. The bank wont give me 22k for the 08' taco but, they'll give me 12k. I don't know what I want in that price range though. Don't be a machinist! They are poor folk!
take that 12k and make that 4rnnr badass.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:56 PM   #18117
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rockford
Posts: 108
Default

What do you guys think about the wrexo wraith/exo builds people are doing I've seen a couple in the classifieds they look pretty cool.
talmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:58 PM   #18118
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 539
Default Re: NIRC. Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by talmond View Post
What do you guys think about the wrexo wraith/exo builds people are doing I've seen a couple in the classifieds they look pretty cool.


Bam!

Plastic is for wusies. ;)
thzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:00 PM   #18119
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Queen Creek, AZ
Posts: 360
Default Re: NIRC. Chit Chat

Is that yours? That is my kinda thing right there!
Mega Fattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:20 PM   #18120
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Fattie View Post
Is that yours? That is my kinda thing right there!
Yup its mine.
thzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
baby mama drama, ban the mouth!, disappearing ta, disappearing tag show, fattittybrits, kidsthesedays, ls1 everything, rc hippies, tittie artist, winter is lame



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com