Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Illinois

Notices

Thread: NIRC. Chit Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2013, 06:51 PM   #19101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Fattie View Post
These are complete now. Big thanks to RPP for correcting VP's mistake.

Thumbsdown to VP for not wanting to correct their **** up without me paying more $.
yeah... while they make some pretty stuff you definitely get better service elsewhere.

speaking of, i got my new custom gcm front and rear steering tubes for the scaleready wraith, and they are pretty damn nice.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2013, 07:09 PM   #19102
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: NIRC. Chit Chat

Agreed.

I'm glad I don't have any other VP parts I want for this build.
Mega Fattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:59 PM   #19103
RCC Addict

I'm willing to bet it's a certainty that you'll be putting your foot in your mouth on that one. VP will have something you want in the future no doubt.

Them putting one wrong part in a order of several parts happens. That was an accident. Having the customer pay shipping to return the part back to them in exchange for the correct part, I don't agree with. It wasn't your mistake and you shouldn't have to pay. But, I also don't see that as a very serious offense on their part either.

Other than having a mechanical issue with one of their parts, I've been impressed with their customer service. I emailed them my problem and they shipped me the new part. Easy as that. Maybe its the way I presented myself as a customer. If you responded to them like they intentionally screwed you and fix this problem right now, They might just decide how much of a dick they want to be or not.

I've dealt with some crazy's myself and I've read stories in the vendor hideout. People can be over the top. I'm not sayin' you're crazy.. wait, you're my brother, I know your crazy!

I'm sayin' the quality of product they produce and the part they play in this game kind of outweighs their faults.. up to this point.
Die-Laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:13 PM   #19104
Scale Detail Engineering

vendor hideout?
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:21 PM   #19105
RCC Addict

It's just another subforum that only vendors can see. Nothing special in there, you just have to pay $100 a year to see it.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:28 PM   #19106
Quarry Creeper

That's why I said "for this build"

I'm still planning to buy VP curries, c-hubs, and knuckles for my C2 in the future. And probably some other cool crap they make.

I'm not knocking VP at all, I presented myself like a customer asking for help, and the dick on the phone literally said "we can't replace it unless you ship it to us, shipping is only like $5-$6 bucks at the post office"

I said "I don't feel I should have to pay an extra $5-$6 in shipping to make a $140 part correct after I just payed to have it shipped to me, maybe you can ask the manager about it, or can I talk to the manager?"

Dick at VP "let me see if he is here.......(about 10 seconds go by)..... nope he isn't available"

Me "can you send me a shipping label or something?"

Dick at VP "let me look into it" then he hung up the phone without ever asking my name, or number or anything. Still haven't heard back from VP haha.

But whatever, maybe the dude was having a bad day? Point is RPP handled it by sending me a shipping label, and sending the correct parts as well as the front axle I ordered.

I'm not mad at VP, and I plan to buy their shit again. I'm just glad I don't have to buy anymore of their stuff anytime soon (unless like you said, they come out with some other awesome thing I need to own)

In case anyone is interested VP bagged two wrong parts in my rear currie axle, apparently they bagged wrong parts in half of RPP's rear currie axles they had in stock too. From what RPP said "there was a heated discussion about this problem" but VP asked RPP to handle my case for them.

RPP handled it very fast.

Last edited by Mega Fattie; 09-25-2013 at 08:33 PM.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:33 PM   #19107
RCC Addict

I feel ya.. at least you got it handled relatively smoothly. RPP saves the day!
Old 09-26-2013, 05:11 AM   #19108
I wanna be Dave

Attica Inn is down the street from Badlands and runs $55 a night. MY buddy stayed there when we went a couple months ago and said it was nice.
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 08:46 AM   #19109
RCC Addict

I have a NIB Hitec 7950 and a NIB Tekin ROC 412 3100kv up for grabs if anyone is interested.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:53 PM   #19110
RCC Addict

Well, you guys wanna have some fun this weekend or what? Let's turn them frowns upside down!

Let's get over to that kenosha spot, do some scaling and see if we can get kicked out, then we can check out that other spot nearby. Or, if all else fails we can do a BBQ at my place or something, put back a few beers, sit around a camp fire, go for a drink, Whatever. Let's just do something fun.

Anyone up for something like that?
Old 09-26-2013, 01:45 PM   #19111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die-Laughing View Post
Well, you guys wanna have some fun this weekend or what? Let's turn them frowns upside down!

Let's get over to that kenosha spot, do some scaling and see if we can get kicked out, then we can check out that other spot nearby. Or, if all else fails we can do a BBQ at my place or something, put back a few beers, sit around a camp fire, go for a drink, Whatever. Let's just do something fun.

Anyone up for something like that?
if i dont have to work i might be up for it.

btw anybody see that new gmade scaler? probably old news since i dont browse the forum much besides here and chit chat.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:04 PM   #19112
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
btw anybody see that new gmade scaler? probably old news since i dont browse the forum much besides here and chit chat.
This?

I don't think anyone has confirmed if it's a real Gmade truck or just a build by someone.
I had asked very near the same question 6 months ago when I saw a Gmade pic of their new beadlocks on a c-channel frame.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:05 PM   #19113
Scale Detail Engineering

this pic
Old 09-26-2013, 02:11 PM   #19114

its definitely a scale kit. rpp confirmed it on their fb page.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:51 PM   #19115

although im confused, because i see ghastly hood pins in the mud photo, but that chassis detail pic with the wheel i see body mounts coming off the frame.

time will tell i suppose. the few parts i have from them are very nicely done and seem to be right up there with axial in terms of quality and design. i was always kinda interested in that rockbuggy kit they make, i just know it wouldnt do anything but sit on the shelf.
Old 09-26-2013, 06:00 PM   #19116
Quarry Creeper

Got the rear axle built tonight on Barely Legal. Wow what a difference it makes in looks. Pretty cool.
Old 09-26-2013, 06:04 PM   #19117
RCC Addict

Quote:
Got the rear axle built tonight on Barely Legal. Wow what a difference it makes in looks. Pretty cool.
Lol, anything left of the old Wraith?
neillarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:25 PM   #19118
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by neillarson View Post
Lol, anything left of the old Wraith?
I will be using the links, skid, rings and pinions, axle bearings, axle shafts, c-hubs, knuckles, winch, winch controller, led setup, servo, esc, motor, and tranny.

Eventually I'll have a bomb proof tranny, roc412, bushings, and a different esc.
Old 09-26-2013, 06:26 PM   #19119
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I will be using the links, skid, rings and pinions, axle bearings, axle shafts, c-hubs, knuckles, winch, winch controller, led setup, servo, esc, motor, and tranny.

Eventually I'll have a bomb proof tranny, roc412, bushings, and a different esc.

I still have everything for the wraith (except the wheels, sold those for MFT's)
Old 09-26-2013, 06:27 PM   #19120
RCC Addict

Quote:

That's what I would call making it your own. That is basically what I did with my Mog when I got it.
neillarson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baby mama drama, ban the mouth!, disappearing ta, disappearing tag show, fattittybrits, kidsthesedays, ls1 everything, rc hippies, tittie artist, winter is lame