Scale Detail Engineering

Default Re: NIRC. Chit Chat

the sucks Gary.
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2013, 03:29 PM   #19182
Scale Detail Engineering

by the way, I counted 135 babes on my way into work this morning.
This number only includes women that I got a good look at their faces and bodies!

Chicago is full of hotties!
Old 10-01-2013, 04:32 PM   #19183
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
by the way, I counted 135 babes on my way into work this morning.
This number only includes women that I got a good look at their faces and bodies!

Chicago is full of hotties!
That was one of my favorite things about working in the loop. Since I was on Dearborn, I used to walk to Millinium Park at lunch to sight see.
neillarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:19 PM   #19184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die-Laughing View Post
Yeah, I really don't have that "I need that" feeling like I had when the TF2 & G2 came out but, it's cool to see more scale kits coming out either way. We'll have to wait & see.. Could be a really cool aspect to that kit that we can't see.
if it had a hardbody, or tcase, or anything more scale than what it has i would be more excited.

but like i said, im honestly excited about those u-bolts. im hoping they are a little longer than the rc4wd and the same dimensions as either the yota1 or slightly skinnier yota2 axles so i can have enough threads to use some shims and get my axles clocked the way i want on my tf2.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:56 PM   #19185
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Gary, what do you do?
Machinist cnc mills/lathes....program/setup and manual stuff ..
I work at a gear shop mostly big gears like up to 120" dia 10klbs but I do tiny stuff too sometimes. .
bronc4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:20 AM   #19186

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronc4now View Post
Stupid job put me on 32hrs so now I have fridays to look for work ..sucks toys might have to chill for a bit or ill just start fabing more stuff..
Ive thought about my own business for the longest but its so much work I usually stop thinking about it fast..machine shop...making whatever would be cool....
Hey look at the bright side now you will have for RC time No really that's sucks balls! I spent a year unemployed and it was ruff!
cjanderson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:59 AM   #19187

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
I think the NWITTC is Oct 19th. I'll have to check.
The farm comp spot is pretty cool...
What do you need to be ready by then?

NWITTC Pumpkin Patch #2 is Sunday Oct 13th at Dollingers Pumkin Farm. Point in begins at 8:30 am and Drivers Meeting is at 10am. For all info on this please check out the facebook page or join the group and check the events section. NWITTC on Facebook. Thank You
cpcrawler6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:13 AM   #19188

[QUOTE=johnnyh66;4497015]I think it would be faster for you to drive... because anyone I give a ride to has to meet at my place in Evanston.
Here's the address: 7420 E Hansel Rd, Channahon, IL
It's straight down 55.

Yes, they run 1.9 and 2.2... they even allow comp chassis and moa's in!
I think they are changing to SORRCA rules next year.

And yes, there is a lot of shallow water on these courses.

There's like 30 competitors and 3/4 courses so it's a long day.

We do currently run MODIFIED SORRCA rules that are adjusted to fit our group. However I will be revising our rules and following the SORRCA rules closer next season. As for now it 1.9 class and 2.2 class.

The Oct 13th TTC is our last Season event but We will still have our Annual TTC Nov 3rd at Stoney Run County Park in Crown Point In which will also double as our awards Ceremony.

I do hope to see old faces as well as new faces purely because its such an awesome time. Dollingers Farm offers a lot of natural terrain that tests everyones skills and pushes trucks to various limits (why else would it be a TTC) and Stoney Run County Park offers similar terrain with hillsides that your trucks will fear (lol)

We have been having tremendous turnouts and as more people attend we have been adding judges and tweeking our structure to assure everything is done as soon as possible. We tend to have 3-4 courses with time limits of 5-6 min but most people finishing in a fraction of that time.

Please check out our Facebook page or request to join our group if you have not yet done so. All the needed info can be found in the events section at any given time.

Hope to see you all there!!!!
Matt Brauer
cpcrawler6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:25 AM   #19189
Scale Detail Engineering

Old 10-03-2013, 09:04 AM   #19190
Quarry Creeper

Meh.
Mega Fattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:30 AM   #19191
I wanna be Dave

Looks cool to me... of course I am a cj2 fan.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:06 PM   #19192
RCC Addict

Yeah.. I think its pretty cool. Like I said, it's just cool that more companies are doing KIT/RTR scalers.

Anyone else waiting for them to fix the damn GTA5 online? I wanna bust caps in foo's heads and rob dey ass blind!

Edit: what's everyone been up to lately?

Last edited by Die-Laughing; 10-03-2013 at 12:17 PM.
Die-Laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:36 PM   #19193
Quarry Creeper

Im slowly finishing my C3 rig (couple hours every weekend), saving $ for needed household crap so Courtney shuts up haha, and saving for my 1:1 long arm lift.

Considering selling my 1911, i have my perfect 3 guns, the 1911 is just a range toy/range loaner...i don't have a practical use for it.

Still havent finished gta5....gonna work on that this sat instead of my RC.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:55 PM   #19194

Quote:
Yeah.. I think its pretty cool. Like I said, it's just cool that more companies are doing KIT/RTR scalers.

Anyone else waiting for them to fix the damn GTA5 online? I wanna bust caps in foo's heads and rob dey ass blind!

Edit: what's everyone been up to lately?
that sawback is cool, but man that lexan body isnt doing anything for me.

work got busy and ramped up again... and ive been neglecting home/car duties for far too long. need to put new headlights in sue, timmy needs some lubing... and the firebird needs the system yanked out so i can replace a tail light lense.

gonna start a 6x6 here soon. no idea what its gonna be, but it will have 3 axles.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:06 PM   #19195
Scale Detail Engineering

I've been in a RC funk... I seriously think, somehow, ECSC ruined it for me.
I have almost no desire to run.
I'm going to try and force myself to the comps this weekend but I don't know... I don't really feel like going.

Even to the NWITTC which I'm currently in 3rd for both 1.9 and 2.2 (after taking 3 dns's when I missed that one comp!) and have a chance at taking 2nd.

I don't know wtf is wrong with me.... all I want to do is spend time with the gf and kid
Old 10-03-2013, 01:18 PM   #19196
RCC Addict

Ewww! Spending time with your loved ones! What the hell is wrong with you!?

Yeah, ECSC was pretty bad ass. It's hard to find terrain like that around these parts but, I think we still have a good thing goin'. Theres a couple more spots that we have yet to check out.. SCRC is doing more scale stuff.. 1:1 action is picking up.. Plenty of fun things to do coming up!

I have a sweet C1 in the works that I have to get going on.. As soon as I find another 1:1 toy, I'm gonna want to hit the trails!
Die-Laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:35 PM   #19197
Quarry Creeper

Johnny, your language is offensive!

I have a C3 near completion, a C2 in the works for next spring, and ill probably have a C1 too next season.

I think you are just scared of Barely Legal shutting Melons, or Hera down!
Old 10-03-2013, 02:57 PM   #19198

john just put the rc stuff away for awhile, it aint like you are going to miss out on anything. dont worry about being 3rd in points and having to keep at it, thats imho is what can kill the zest for a hobby, when you feel you HAVE to do it.

im kind of the same way with enthusiasm, i just got so many other things to take care of and pay attention to for awhile. and ecsc didnt burn me out as much as give me a whole hell of alot of good stuff in one HUGE dose. i still want to build stuff, but right now im perfectly happy looking at all my shit and thinking "maybe some other time".

i'd be down for some easy no pressure gtg's but as far as comps go im just not wanting to at this moment. nothing wrong with that.
Old 10-03-2013, 03:06 PM   #19199
Quarry Creeper

Im all for gtg's
Old 10-03-2013, 03:17 PM   #19200
Rock Crawler

I'm kinda the same...I've been messing with the JK a little. Put some new bumpers on it and worked out the panhard setup. I've got a new body all trimmed up but I still can't get any paint. It's tough to do this hobby up here. Parts and stuff just aren't as easy to get. I also installed the GripFab lockers that I won at the ECSC with new over/under gears. But I did all that stuff a couple weeks ago. I haven't been out with the guys here since the ECSC.

I'm picking up that hilux truggy this weekend but I probably won't really do much to it until VP releases their XR tubes for the curries (at least their website says, "XR tubes coming soon"). The chevy hasn't even been cleaned since the ECSC. The rock rat is for sale, no interest up here...and I'm not going to mess with trying to figure out shipping.

The bad dingo needs beef tubes installed because the chub screws won't stay in. I don't have my dremel with me to cut out the inside of the axles.

Mostly I've just been working and playing clash of clans. Less that 2 months left in this place! I'm tired of being here.

We all should hang out more. It doesn't have to be for toy cars...beers at the Kilt!
JHTreyIII is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baby mama drama, ban the mouth!, disappearing ta, disappearing tag show, fattittybrits, kidsthesedays, ls1 everything, rc hippies, tittie artist, winter is lame