Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Illinois

Notices

Thread: NIRC. Chit Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2013, 09:32 PM   #18281
RCC Addict

Default Re: NIRC. Chit Chat

They are cool. IMO, Other than looks they are the same as any aluminum housing. Plastic housings might get hung up less, I'm not sure. There are a lot of variables but, I like the curries because they are cool, they are scale and they look good. I appreciate those things more. That's why I got 19th place! It was worth it.

Last edited by Die-Laughing; 08-26-2013 at 09:36 PM.
Die-Laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2013, 09:41 PM   #18282
RCC Addict

I can't wait to see some of Metal Mashers videos. He took some killer video and I used his camera to take some sweet video of his metal bodied trucks getting scale banged up. Blake is a cool kat.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:46 PM   #18283
RCC Addict

Keep an eye on this thread to see what some people won..
Rc4wd ecsc swag!!
Old 08-27-2013, 05:36 AM   #18284
Quarry Creeper

Heads up RPP has Losi 4" crawler shocks on sale for $19.99.
Mega Fattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:41 AM   #18285
RCC Addict

Back to reality for me today.

Gonna start thinking about getting my C1 build the rest of the way together and then maybe a C3 rig. Hopefully the GelandeII's come out soon!
Old 08-27-2013, 06:46 AM   #18286
I wanna be Dave

Do you guys plan on running a fall winter series. Or just GTG?

I really wanna get out and do some competitive scale crawlin.
sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:17 AM   #18287
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die-Laughing View Post
Back to reality for me today.

Gonna start thinking about getting my C1 build the rest of the way together and then maybe a C3 rig. Hopefully the GelandeII's come out soon!
Do it!
Mega Fattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:18 AM   #18288
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
I'm sure we all have our battle scars. I know of a few bombed differentials, busted axle shafts, broken outputs, grenaded bearings, etc.

Here's mine.. This body was un-run before this event. Many scratches, busted fender, gouges, etc.

Drove off a cliff at one point while Jason, Liz & I were putting a beating on our trucks on sunday. Took a hit on the rear spare tire cage work. I like the battle scar, might keep it like that.

I sheared an axle pin half way through the final C2 course, 3 wheeled it as far as I could from there. Good times.
Are those gold wheels ? I want some gold bead locks for my jeep. I found the gear heads but don't like how the outer ring has the fake spots for bolts
talmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:27 AM   #18289
RCC Addict

Those are some cosmetic inserts I made to go over the VP OMF wheel. It's a brass insert with some scale hardware. I made 4 aluminum ones and 4 brass ones. I'm running the aluminum ones on my rig and one of the brass ones on my spare.

What's cool about the little gearhead "fake bolt" spots is that they are already located for you to drill them out and install scale hardware. I don't think i've seen anyone do it but, it would be easy.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:14 AM   #18290
Pebble Pounder

Nice the custom inserts look sweet. That's got to be like a 500 or 600$ set of wheels if you include the custom machine work.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:18 AM   #18291
Quarry Creeper

So is the cliffs sep 14-15 the next comp ? I cant wait...
bronc4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:14 AM   #18292

i dunno if ill have all my rigs repaired my then. im gonna tear down my c2 and c3 and take my time on them.

this trip learned me a thing or two...
one is i cant half ass waterproofing a servo by just going over the case with liquid e-tape, i need to open them up and coat the boards and treat the potentiometer doohickey with dielectric grease like ive done before. my c1 & c3 i conformal coated everything and had no issues, but on timmy with that last-minute servo swap i only coated the outside with liquid e-tape, and i think just enough water seeped inside to cause condensation in the servo pot, which caused problems... luckily it started acting up after my comp runs.

two is that when you put big power in a heavy rig thats built to be bulletproof as possible, it will show you what the weakest link is... in mintberry crunch's case its pinion bearings. one set during the c3 comp, and the other on the ttc. maybe i should loosen up my slipper juuuust a little bit and get that sweet spot where in a total bind it will slip and not eat pinions.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:17 AM   #18293

wait... i thought we were gonna not have a comp at the cliffs and instead scout the place with 1:1's?
Old 08-27-2013, 09:18 AM   #18294
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
i dunno if ill have all my rigs repaired my then. im gonna tear down my c2 and c3 and take my time on them.
Same here. Need to put the Wraith back together and do some maintenance on the Clod. Doubt I'll have them ready by then.

Quote:
one is i cant half ass waterproofing a servo by just going over the case with liquid e-tape, i need to open them up and coat the boards and treat the potentiometer doohickey with dielectric grease like ive done before.
Yeah... my years of avoiding that finally bit me in the ass on Fri. when my servo blew.
thzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:20 AM   #18295
Rock Crawler

Default NIRC. Chit Chat

Quote:
two is that when you put big power in a heavy rig thats built to be bulletproof as possible, it will show you what the weakest link is... in mintberry crunch's case its pinion bearings. one set during the c3 comp, and the other on the ttc. maybe i should loosen up my slipper juuuust a little bit and get that sweet spot where in a total bind it will slip and not eat pinions.

Maybe you should go to bushings?
JHTreyIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:34 AM   #18296
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronc4now View Post
So is the cliffs sep 14-15 the next comp ? I cant wait...
What do you think about a TTC at Bartlet in October sometime? There's a lot of trails now and we could always make more, when I bring my gas trimmer there I get stuff cleared out pretty quick.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:36 AM   #18297
RCC Addict

I'll probably switch to bushings.. Which means I'll probably make them. I'll have to start looking into that.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:03 AM   #18298
Quarry Creeper

So no 2nd part of nirc ttc? Do you guys have any thing scheduled for the end of the year..
Old 08-27-2013, 10:03 AM   #18299

yeah, it seems bushings would be better. i thought that thread with all the talk about the hardcore guys thrashing the bearings was bullshit. but it happened to me, twice...

i also think that if i backed off the slipper from being totally tightened down it would also help. its just tricky because once it slips it seems to glaze the slipper and it will slip easier.

Quote:
I'll probably switch to bushings.. Which means I'll probably make them. I'll have to start looking into that.
rick i would be happy to test those out for you.

one thing about it, on the gcm axles its relatively easy to get to the pinion.

i have yet to open up that diff, but with rick the first time we found that not only did the pinion bearing get trashed, but the big ring rear bearings on the locker were also split in half. thats some pretty hardcore shit...
Old 08-27-2013, 10:04 AM   #18300
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by talmond View Post
What do you think about a TTC at Bartlet in October sometime? There's a lot of trails now and we could always make more, when I bring my gas trimmer there I get stuff cleared out pretty quick.
I don't think its ttc ready..and most of trials are 1.9 based.

Tags
baby mama drama, ban the mouth!, disappearing ta, disappearing tag show, fattittybrits, kidsthesedays, ls1 everything, rc hippies, tittie artist, winter is lame