Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Illinois

Notices

Thread: East StL repair work?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2017, 05:58 PM   #1

Default East StL repair work?

I live in SW IL, near Highland and am in need of someone who would be interested in repairing two crawlers for me.

Crawler 1 is an Exceed Maxstone. This has developed the jitters and is nearly uncontrollable. Only work I have performed on this is replaced the steering servo.

2 is a Losi Mini-crawler (I think?). I am trying to remember specifically what is wrong with this one, but I do know that the previous owner converted the gearing to go faster. I was told it has all the stock parts in the box, which is how I would like it returned.

Of course, I'd like guidance if it's more affordable to simply replace them instead, but my son wants an RC crawler for Christmas and I figured money would be better spent fixing what I have. Thanks!
jesus_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2017, 07:42 PM   #2

Default Re: East StL repair work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus_man View Post
I live in SW IL, near Highland and am in need of someone who would be interested in repairing two crawlers for me.

Crawler 1 is an Exceed Maxstone. This has developed the jitters and is nearly uncontrollable. Only work I have performed on this is replaced the steering servo.

2 is a Losi Mini-crawler (I think?). I am trying to remember specifically what is wrong with this one, but I do know that the previous owner converted the gearing to go faster. I was told it has all the stock parts in the box, which is how I would like it returned.

Of course, I'd like guidance if it's more affordable to simply replace them instead, but my son wants an RC crawler for Christmas and I figured money would be better spent fixing what I have. Thanks!

Check your connections on the exceed maxstone. might have a loose wire or the servo also may be drawing too much power from the internal bec on the esc.
biev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 08:36 AM   #3

Default Re: East StL repair work?

Thanks so much for the help! Some new developments as of late. I found out a friend of mine at church is into RC's and has a cousin-in-law who's really good with this stuff. We went to the cousin's house and with some troubleshooting we found the following...

Losi - ESC burnt up. It's rated at 25A, and I was told I need something in the 45A range. Any ideas? The motor is a Leopard Hobby LBA2040 with these specs:
Quote:
Specifications:

Model: LBA2040 / 12T
Max Current: 20A
Max Voltage: 12.5V
Max Power: 250W
KV: 4800
Resistance: 0.0399
No-Load Current(7.4V): 1.5A
Mounting Hole Depth: 3mm
Length of Extend Shaft: 10mm
Shat Diameter: 2.3mm
Weight: 65g
Exceed - the Solar Steering Servo I put on it a few years ago is backfeeding into the system and causing the problems. When you unplug that servo, the car settles down and awaits your input from the controller. So I am in the market for a new Servo and looking for recommendations there.

I was chatting with a certain Hobby shop last night and either he was chatting with 4 people at once and getting us confused, or we were just not on the same page. Either way, he ended the conversation abruptly so I won't be going there for parts.

I have a direction to get both crawlers running again, just want descent parts to replace with so I can enjoy them again!
jesus_man is offline   Reply With Quote

East StL repair work? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FNG from STL lil_dq Newbie General 12 07-09-2012 07:47 AM
Crawling around STL CrawlinROCKS Missouri 64 04-19-2012 08:27 PM
anything in stl stunter38 Missouri 2 06-09-2011 10:18 AM
Anyone in STL with an AX10?? GeoffSFAs10 Missouri 7 03-05-2009 02:12 PM
Stl again elvis Missouri 2 08-23-2005 08:16 PM