Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Illinois

Notices

Thread: 1:1 Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2016, 02:31 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default 1:1 Question

Anybody got a good recommendation on alignment shops? My 200 seems to have developed a taste for rear tires, right rear in particular, even though it is a fwd car?! I had a customer suggest looking for "a Firestone with on old guy", as in one who's been around and doing alignments for some time now.
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2016, 04:40 AM   #2

Default Re: 1:1 Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
Anybody got a good recommendation on alignment shops? My 200 seems to have developed a taste for rear tires, right rear in particular, even though it is a fwd car?! I had a customer suggest looking for "a Firestone with on old guy", as in one who's been around and doing alignments for some time now.
RX Automotive in STC. Fair pricing and they do good work there.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Ctremblay66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 12:01 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Yet another question, I'm no longer with the St. Charles HobbyTown and have started working for TruGreen as an outdoor sales Rep, using my 200 for that. With it being black inside and out, it gets warm quick this time of year and I'm thinking about getting the side and back windows tinted to a max of 35%.

Are there any towns here in Illinois that I have to watch out for getting ticketed in with even that as a tint? It sounds like Illinois as a state is ok with 35% or lighter now, but I have heard Chicago will go after anybody (rarely go there, but still) as well as Naperville (I do spend more time there, especially when Mom has been ill).

Thanks!
Old 08-10-2016, 12:25 AM   #4
MODERATOR™

Having had a black car with illegal tint all the way around, it did nothing for the heat and made it a real pain to see in dark rainy nights.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 05:09 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Some of it to is that I'm now spending 5-6 hours a day in and out of the car walking around 6 lmiles a day and would like some additional shade too while in it.
Old 08-10-2016, 07:04 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Hartman Beeline Service, 212 W. Chicago St, Elgin, 847-695-7755, Top notch work, especially on older vehicles.

Took my '54 chevy there when I had problems, they knew exactly what was wrong, got it fixed, and the price was fair.
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 07:17 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
Yet another question, I'm no longer with the St. Charles HobbyTown and have started working for TruGreen as an outdoor sales Rep, using my 200 for that. With it being black inside and out, it gets warm quick this time of year and I'm thinking about getting the side and back windows tinted to a max of 35%.

Are there any towns here in Illinois that I have to watch out for getting ticketed in with even that as a tint? It sounds like Illinois as a state is ok with 35% or lighter now, but I have heard Chicago will go after anybody (rarely go there, but still) as well as Naperville (I do spend more time there, especially when Mom has been ill).

Thanks!
Doh!, to the above post, wasn't paying attention.

I've done Limo dark on all my vehicles, and it's acceptable on the rear side, and rear windows in Illinois. Not supposed to do to front windshield, front passenger and driver windows, you can get 35% on driver and front passenger. The way the law is written states that you're supposed to be able to make eye contact with the oncoming driver.

I looked up Illinois window tint 2016.
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote

1:1 Question - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mmp question and cc bec question. Cchapman Electronics 6 12-24-2014 04:38 PM
Tire foam question. WARNING!!! Noob question! tokdl Tires and Wheels 6 05-07-2014 10:55 AM
Drive way too fast question and front locker question. Mr.JayDeeM Axial AX-10 Scorpion 15 02-07-2012 09:19 AM
clearance question and articulation question axialnut Newbie General 17 09-24-2010 09:55 PM
Simplefied question for pervious question. Mudsy Tamiya Clod Buster 2 05-03-2009 09:59 AM