Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Illinois

Notices

Thread: Central Illinois Club

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2009, 06:35 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Central Illinois Club

Guys
I know there has been some interest in getting a Central Illinois club together. I live about 15 minutes from Champaign. Please post up or send me a pm so I can see how much interest there is. I am happy to try and organize some comps for this summer.
Thanks
J
jdawg53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2009, 07:23 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Glad to see you guys working on this . I know I don't permanently live in Central Il at this point but, I will help in any way that I can. Also, my place is available as a comp location and is free if the club would like to add on to it or do anymore work to the course. (its flood plane so I cant build on it anyway)
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:58 AM   #3

Count me in.
I live in Tilton.
I've been thinking about doing that too, but I can't seem to make it to my other club meetings all of the time.
But I'll be glad to help.
dellis86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 06:23 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Cool. I am in St. Joseph.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:58 PM   #5

Maybe we can hook up and talk about it.
I work weird, 2nd shift and my weekend is Monday and Tuesday. Or even Saturday or Sunday morning
Old 06-02-2009, 07:02 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Monday through Friday I'm in Bloomington. Saturday and Sunday in Chicago.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 05:17 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

I am in too. I am going to put something up at Jtec and see how many people we can get interested around here. If we can't get enough, then we may have to branch out to decatur, springfield or maybe even Indy.
jdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:42 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

For club purposes you will want more than just the Danville area so that there will be a larger draw of people and so you have more comp sites. The idea behind starting a Central Illinois club is so we don't have to travel all the way the Chicago to compete.
Thanks for all the interest guys keep the posts coming.
J
Old 06-03-2009, 06:48 AM   #9
Rock Stacker

my thoughts exactly. How many guys do you think we need before we can actually make a go of this thing?
jdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:21 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubya View Post
my thoughts exactly. How many guys do you think we need before we can actually make a go of this thing?

5 Seriously though, that's all MWRCA had for years and they had some great comps. In order to become recognized you need to have an average turnout of 15 but, you also have to have a certain amount of comps in a 12 month period so, it will be at least a year before needing to worry about that.

Find a place to hold a meeting and start hanging up signs at Jtec,slot and wing etc and you will be amazed how many show up. If you start holding some comps, some of the SCRC guys will show.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:29 AM   #11

If we can get something going, I can get a web site up and host it with out host. Still got a lot to learn but we're not too bad, me and my wife. We can do other things too. Don't know if I can talk about it on the board so PM me if you want more info.
I'll keep checking back.
Old 06-06-2009, 02:16 PM   #12

Default I'm around too...

I'm north of Urbana by a few miles. I registered a domain w/ a placeholder page for the heck of it last time I re-upped my business' if it can do something useful I'd be willing to keep it alive. I tossed it out there to see if anyone stumbled into it and expressed any interest.
hcssbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:12 AM   #13
Rock Stacker

Sounds good to me. I'm in Seymour
griz2575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:30 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

I'm in Decatur, but only run a 1.9 scaler, so if there were strictly comp classes I guess I would have to build another rig...
slolx50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:04 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

Guys,
Post up any "known" (good) crawling locations in Central Illinois. If you have or can take pics and post that would be great too.
I was thinking we could take Jetboat up on his offer allowing us to meet at his property. It is in the country and plenty of room. It is also a pretty central location (not too far of a drive) for anyone.
I will look at my race/comp schedule for work and see if I can't get a date set so people can plan around it. Also, feel free to tell anyone else you know of from Central Illinois about the possible formation of a club.

Thanks
J
Old 06-11-2009, 07:05 PM   #16

I started a thread on JTEC's board about starting a club and linked it to this board.

JTEC's board is at http://www.jtecracing.com
Old 06-17-2009, 09:56 AM   #17

Thumbs up

hey fellas count me in chi town is too... far to drive to play with toys but champaign is not so far and i always like slidin through slot and wing and giving ol randy there a visit ... as for places to crawl there are lots here in decatur sorry i aint got no pics to post but here they are st marys hospital had a good section of rocks right by lake shore drive ,the rock garden in nelson park is pretty cool lots of good rocks and hills,the dam would be awesome when and if the river goes down , there is also a nice little spot on eldorado right behind the advance auto parts store and i know alvin the manager there and he wouldnt mind if we all ran there,there is also some good trail ground out by the wand tv station and the plus there is its a old gravel pit lots of rocks [i drag a bag of rocks out of there every time i go fishing] , and a buddy of mine says go out to rock springs he says it looks pretty cool, and then there is my personal coarse here at my house its only 30 x 20 feet but its free for all to use and if a comp was held here i wouldnt run my truck id cook food for all and keep things running smooth and it wouldnt be fair to compete against others at my home coarse... thats just my two cents worth so basicly im in too hollar back at me fellas lets get this thing together and put some rubber to the dirt
olskillywilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 06:51 AM   #18
Rock Crawler

OK Guys, for anyone interested in getting this central Illinois club going we are going to have a meeting at Jetboats Farm comp on Aug 1st.
If your interested, please try and make it. It will be a good time and hopefully we can get some of the details worked out.
Thanks
J
Old 07-17-2009, 07:48 AM   #19

im there !!!! welll as log as i can find some1 to car pool with and my ol lady doesnt decide to have the new baby that weekend ..lol ..if any 1 from decatur is heading down ill pay the gas and even buy the beer or? decatur poeple just give me a hollar
olskillywilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:02 AM   #20
I wanna be Dave

hit up halfj he lives close to you and knows where the farm is.