Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Illinois

Notices

Thread: Champaign Il area GTG 12/15 anyone???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2007, 01:06 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Champaign Il area GTG 12/15 anyone???

Anyone interested in crawling on my course on Sat 12/15??? I have made some additions that should be fun along with adding a couple more tons of rock. I figure Ill light a fire about 10 and prolly leave at dark if noone is still there. Let me know, if noone wants to come Ill go to Badlands and crawl there.

Last edited by jetboat; 11-28-2007 at 01:09 PM.
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2007, 05:07 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I'd love to go if my TXT is ready by then (not holding my breath though).

Matt
BagoXCAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 09:26 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

1 taker huh???? Well as long as the weather doesnt get bad Ill be out there with the fire going from about 10am till dark (or I get too cold to do anything).

Directions:
from Champaign....I74 east to exit 200. Turn right (south) go to the stop sign (rte 150) go straight into the country...you will come to a stop sign and the rd turns to gravel, keep going straight. Go down a hill and across a river then back up a hill. At the top of the hill turn left, follow this road around you will go around a 90 degree turn in the road, down a hill up a hill back down a hill....There is a white barn up front, a brown metal shed with white roof back the lane and a small "cabin" with Tyvex wrap on it. Pull in the drive and park. The course is across the creek but not good to park over there. If you want my cell # in case you get lost PM me.

I will be out there and unless Im running the chainsaw I will try to greet you when you arrive. Ill have the atv's with a trailer that I can cart your stuff over to the course for you. I will have some stuff for lunch/drinks but you should figure on being on your own. The fire should be going and roasting sticks will be out.

I hope more than have responded will attend. Ill be opening up the new "waterfall" obsticle this weekend and working on a new one.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:49 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Does Tower do/sponsor any events up there in Champaign?
Thorsteenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 12:08 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I never talked to Tower about it....There is a hobby shop in town that is basicaly the outlet for tower, I spoke to them and if I can organize it they would sponsor an event. The owner said if the turnout was good enough he would talk to Tower for me.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:08 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Default canceled

CANCELED

weather forecast is calling for cold and rain/snow. Ill set something up for Jan/Feb time frame, it will still be cold but hopefully no snow.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:54 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Hey let me know jetboat, I just built a new chassis today, and I don't have much area to test it on...Although I did test it a little bit...still got some tweaking to do
tribalfreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote