Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Indiana

Notices

Thread: Summit RC Rock Crawlers fort wayne, IN

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2008, 10:05 AM   #41
Rock Stacker

Hey Seth, it sounds like your going to have a good turn out next weekend.What else are you planning on doing on Saturday?I was going to try and get over there to pitch in.I will be ther on Sunday too,dont want to miss the first TNT day, and a chance to meet the other crawlers.
jgb7038 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2008, 02:39 PM   #42
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgb7038 View Post
Hey Seth, it sounds like your going to have a good turn out next weekend.What else are you planning on doing on Saturday?I was going to try and get over there to pitch in.I will be ther on Sunday too,dont want to miss the first TNT day, and a chance to meet the other crawlers.
Saturday will be for getting the course cleand up and groomed as much as possible. Bring a ax, limb sheers, rake, any thing you have for clearing brush, and leather gloves. Or just bring your self, I have gloves.

seth
airborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 04:33 PM   #43
Rock Stacker

Ok Rockers hear it is:

http://www.geocities.com/yeahbutitsm...ummitRock.html

it still is a work in progress, so feed back would be appreciated.

seth
Old 04-13-2008, 08:20 PM   #44

Course looks real interesting and different from ones I run here in Arizona. I summer at Lake James (5 months) and will be able to make most of your events. Have a custom made TLT-based crawler and currently building my first TLT-based tuber. Will meet your rules so look forward to the comps... keep the photos of the course and activities posted. Thx
SoAzRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 09:02 PM   #45

Sorry I didn't stick around as long as i should have saturday. I'll be out next weekend to do some work. Now I just gotta figure out where to get the money to build my crawler.

Adam Miracle
ovalracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 09:34 PM   #46
Rock Stacker

How much of the course will be able to use on sunday? I was wanting to take a shot at that hill!
Old 04-13-2008, 09:55 PM   #47

we will get it done sat weather permiting.
jluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 09:59 PM   #48
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoAzRC View Post
Course looks real interesting and different from ones I run here in Arizona. I summer at Lake James (5 months) and will be able to make most of your events. Have a custom made TLT-based crawler and currently building my first TLT-based tuber. Will meet your rules so look forward to the comps... keep the photos of the course and activities posted. Thx
Wow! Arizona.... Yeah the midwest terrain is wet rocks with moss and mud mixed in with sand, Id say its pretty different. My parents have a house near lake jimmerson, I spent most of my summers growing up around there. The fun spot has a great forth of july show.

seth
Old 04-13-2008, 10:09 PM   #49
Rock Stacker

Adam,

You helped out a lot even if you whined like a girl Thank you! Hmm I am selling every thing I have to get my crawler fleet going.

jgb7038,

The hole thing should be ok to use on Sunday, if we work like we did last Saturday.

Josh,

You just tell your MOM to buy you a new rake, and I will take care of the weather

Thank you guys again for helping out or if you are going to help this Saturday.

seth
Old 04-14-2008, 12:07 AM   #50
Quarry Creeper

Seth,

Course looks great. I just had another thought. Even though I am paralyzed and in a wheelchair, getting around there may not be a problem. I do have a 4 wheeler that I can ride. Would it be possible for me to sit on it and get to all of the coarse without running down obsticles and/or people? If so that would work really well for me. Let me know what you think. Thanks.
Handicrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 12:28 AM   #51
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handicrawler View Post
Seth,

Course looks great. I just had another thought. Even though I am paralyzed and in a wheelchair, getting around there may not be a problem. I do have a 4 wheeler that I can ride. Would it be possible for me to sit on it and get to all of the coarse without running down obsticles and/or people? If so that would work really well for me. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

I think you need to come over to the track this Sunday, to check it out. I think you should be able to get to and see all of the course. I am not sure a ATV would be needed, but would be very cool! I think the key is that you just need to come out and do some wheelchair off road testing

seth
Old 04-15-2008, 05:10 PM   #52
Pebble Pounder

Great weather we're having...too bad I'm still waiting on a bunch of stuff.

I don't think I'll make this weekend, but hopefully next week I can get out to shake 'er down. Doing crawler homework has me almost in "information overload". I need to just stop looking and wait until I hit the rocks so this stuff can make some real sense.

Meanwhile, I have two papers due at school, and a 12th scale that needs torn down, shook out, and dialed in. How in the hell am I going to keep the wife off my back??

Ben
sportpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 06:00 PM   #53
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportpak View Post
How in the hell am I going to keep the wife off my back??Ben

Uhh hmm well not sure. If you can come out just to meet and greet that would be goo too.

seth
Old 04-15-2008, 06:07 PM   #54
Rock Stacker

jgb7038,

Hey you are Monster Truck Joe, right? At least thats what I called you.

seth
Old 04-15-2008, 08:19 PM   #55
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by airborn View Post
Uhh hmm well not sure. If you can come out just to meet and greet that would be goo too.

seth
It'll be all good dude. You have your stuff yet?

Ben
Old 04-16-2008, 01:32 PM   #56
Rock Stacker

Yes Seth, its me. It seems I have found another rc addiction. I am looking forward to sunday and meeting everyone. I am going to try and sneek over on saturday for a while too.(hopfully it wont be raining)
Old 04-16-2008, 02:31 PM   #57
Rock Stacker

Hey you guys need to check out the hill climbs now..... Dale, Josh, and I have been hard at work this week. Work day on Saturday, should consist of rakes and picking up brush and trash. Hope we can get a lot of help, as the saying goes: many hands make light work.

Sunday we will still be meeting rain or not. You can still go out on the rocks even if its wet. Josh and I went out in between the rain showers last Saturday and had no problems at all, in fact to me it made it even better. Just like the real thing.....

seth
Old 04-16-2008, 08:13 PM   #58
Pebble Pounder

Another day with no Christmas package at the door. I did get some misc springs I ordered from another place, 3 days after I ordered the truck. Great, love it, can't wait to maybe do some crawling this summer...

Ben
Old 04-16-2008, 11:38 PM   #59
Rock Stacker

Yeah me too. I am not to happy with CKRC. I wish that, I had not ordered from them. I place my order on 4/6 and I am not sure I will be getting it for our first meet this Sunday a full two weeks after the fact?:-( on the other hand I wish I had bought from TCS I ordered stuff from them the same night I did from CKRC and I recieved TCS's parts before "I repeat before" CKRC even shipped my order. I also am kicking my self even harder since I then on 4/9 ordered even more stuff from CKRC which I am for sure wont be hear by Sunday!

just my lament I also can say USPS parcel post is very slow!!! and UPS rocks

seth
Old 04-17-2008, 07:55 AM   #60

Well, did you guys get your rock crawlers today ?
wallyworld is offline   Reply With Quote