Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Indiana

Notices

Thread: Summit RC Rock Crawlers fort wayne, IN

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2008, 05:23 PM   #81

Hey guys I was wondering what lipo batteries to buy? That gmade is just killing these batteries. I am running the novak rooster crawler and it says it can handle 2 li-po cells, thats only a 2 cell pack right?
keller4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2008, 06:29 PM   #82
Rock Crawler

I am going to try to make this series for crawling also im from MiRCa
canton,mich
twistedone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 07:43 PM   #83
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by keller4200 View Post
Hey guys I was wondering what lipo batteries to buy? That gmade is just killing these batteries. I am running the novak rooster crawler and it says it can handle 2 li-po cells, thats only a 2 cell pack right?

Right, it will handle 2 cells in series or 7.4 volts. You could run a bunch in parallel making 10,000mah, as long as it was 7.4v. Any size/capacity battery, as long as it's 7.4v is what I'm trying to say.:-P

Ben
sportpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 11:01 PM   #84

Thanks Ben
keller4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:46 AM   #85
Rock Stacker

Well our first test N tune was kinda light on crawlers, but it was only the first one. Joe, Josh, Larry, Seth, we all had a great time.

One guy from ? showed up and he had this great looking home built 2.2 tube chassis, he ran most of the course and loved it, he said that he will be running the SummitRock with us this summer. If you read this would you PM me your name and location, I am sorry I forgot I should have wrote it down.

seth
airborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 08:24 PM   #86

Talking

I was there,just because I don't actually own a rock crawler doesn't make me anyless of one,:-(. I drove josh's that counts right. No i'm just playin it was a good time even though josh almost bit it on my bike. SOON I WILL BE THERE AND I WILL DOMINATE, ok maybe I'll just be there but thats good enough for me.

Adam
ovalracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 08:57 PM   #87
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovalracer View Post
I was there,just because I don't actually own a rock crawler doesn't make me anyless of one,:-(. I drove josh's that counts right. No i'm just playin it was a good time even though josh almost bit it on my bike. SOON I WILL BE THERE AND I WILL DOMINATE, ok maybe I'll just be there but thats good enough for me.

Adam
yes yes Adam did show up. He is our rock crawler, with out a rock crawler, crawler guy.

seth
Old 04-21-2008, 09:24 PM   #88
Rock Stacker

Hey Joe and Josh! I dropped off a truck load of rocks at the track to day, if you want to stop by and check it out.

Joe I have a few questions I wanted to ask you, and talk about some things, Would you PM me your cell phone or home phone?

seth
Old 04-21-2008, 11:38 PM   #89
Rock Stacker

Pics have been updated on the SummitRock page!

seth
Old 04-22-2008, 02:05 PM   #90
Rock Stacker

Hey Seth,PM sent. I saw the rocks monday,and did a double take. I thought I was seeing things.
jgb7038 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 06:24 PM   #91

yes i saw the rocks and someone put the cheater rock back wonder who???
jluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 06:18 AM   #92
Pebble Pounder

Anyone running 2.4Ghz planning to crawler Saturday While the Offroad is racing?
Miller Tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 08:36 AM   #93

ok now I'm not just a watcher. I actually own one now. I got it up and running. during my day home sick from work yesterday. goin to try and race saturday but I will bring the crawler too. a legends motor seem to fast but its what I have handy for now .adam
ovalracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 03:34 PM   #94
Rock Stacker

Alright Adam!!!!!

Ok guys I just dropped another big load of rocks off at the track! I have 4-5 big rocks I want to get BUT, I cannot pick them up. I am working some thing out though.

I have been thinking about guys moveing rocks and changing the course on there own.......... I came up with this:

No one may move or reposition rocks except by or with the SummitRock commity! Which will be hand picked by myself. When I have contacted and confirmed who the SummitRock commity will be, I will post up hear and Hobby talk, also this will go up on the SummitRock web page.

the reason for this, will be to maintain the uniqeness of the respective courses, if every one can move or place rocks any where they want, then what good will it be to say you have made a certain obsticle when all you have done is built a road to do it....

seth
Old 04-24-2008, 04:55 PM   #95
Rock Stacker

Next test N tune will be Sunday May 4th. I hope to see a lot of crawlers graceing the hills and vallys of the SummitRock course!!!

I know I got a lot of testing done on the last Test N tune, the ax-10 is getting better every time I try some thing new.

Also, remember any one can come out and practice any day summit is open, You will need to have a DSM radio if you come out on a race day, other than a rock crawling day.

5 weeks till the first SmmitRock #1 Sunday May 25th

seth
Old 04-25-2008, 06:30 PM   #96
Pebble Pounder

First run yesterday wasn't too bad. Have some glaring issues to work out, should be close to being back on the road.

Ben
sportpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 06:59 PM   #97

I heard Jeff Barney is talking about getting a crawler.
wallyworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 02:49 PM   #98
Rock Stacker

Hey guys about the no altering the course thing. I do not wan't to sound like a controll freak "my wife says I am" so I thought I would post up about a certain obsticle that would give a very good reason for the no rock moveing.... Today I stopped by the track on the way to work, Ken had his crawler out and was trying all sorts of stuff. Ken could go up this one verticle climb with no effert at all from any angle, I on the other hand made it say 25-50% of the time. So I need to have more seat time or change my set up, now if I just threw a rock in there.... well presto I would not need to do any thing and all the hard work Ken has done I just threw a rock at it.

Any way just talking, since I had a little time to burn.

seth
Old 04-26-2008, 09:35 PM   #99
Pebble Pounder

Hardly seems fair calling it work when it's been so much fun :-P

It's interesting seeing how even through Seth, Marshall, Frieburger, and Myself all stated with the same kit, they all have taken different paths and seem to crawl well with slightly varying strengths.

Looks like there will definitely be a few crawlers and more racers eyeing them and talking about trying it out.

I'm have more fun tinkering with ideas in the workshop than I've had in a long time.
Miller Tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 11:17 PM   #100
Rock Stacker

Default SummitRock Commity

The SummitRock Commity will be:

Joe Bander
Josh Luckadoo
Seth Barrand

The duty of a S.R.C. is to ensure the integrity of the summit rc raceway's rock course.

seth