Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Indiana

Notices

Thread: Three Rivers Festival "Rock The Fort Comp" Ft Wayne, IN July 18th

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2009, 11:06 PM   #81
WWW.THEROXBOX.COM

well seeing how it is 1am i guess i'll go get 4 hours of sleep see you all in a few
The Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2009, 04:10 PM   #82
Pebble Pounder

Great time today guys. Wish I was in the money, but still I had a great time.

Thanks to Seth, Ken, Brian, and many others for putting the time in last minute to make it happen.

Ben
sportpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 06:17 PM   #83
I wanna be Dave

WELL.................................. Someone get their butt on here and post up some results!! Better not have let any of them foreigners from Michigan win!
jcboof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 06:25 PM   #84
Rock Crawler

Had a good time today love crawling with friends and my Son.
Thanks for having us hope to see ya soon
ttyl
Bob
twistedone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 06:48 PM   #85
Rock Crawler

GREAT GREAT TIME . . . everyone is awesome It was cool to crawl with all the guys from Michigan
M_ENERGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 07:13 PM   #86
I wanna be Dave

Seriously, The suspense is killing me! WHO WON???????????? How did everyone do??????
Old 07-18-2009, 07:15 PM   #87
I wanna be Dave

Oh, BTW Derrick, I have the other Beadlock rings for ya, I forgot to put them in the package, I'll be bringing em to the next comp for ya.
Old 07-18-2009, 07:42 PM   #88
Pebble Pounder

The sheep deeler won.
Derick second.
Miller third.

I'm sure Seth will post final tallies before too long. Good crawling all day by the top 10 guys. Brian just totally destroyed the third course making him nearly a lock with a 34 point lead going into the final course. MuMu was decent all day, had a few moments of extreme luck that looked like talent. I finished 8th.

We missed you man, you would have made an impression on the results I'm sure.

Ben
Old 07-18-2009, 08:08 PM   #89
I wanna be Dave

Congrats on the 123 guys!!! Man, Brian, you still up for buying beers??
Old 07-19-2009, 05:11 AM   #90

had a good time yesterday you indiana make some good but hard and challenging courses i took 110 pics yesterday ill post up later today
short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 05:57 AM   #91
Pebble Pounder

Had a great time yesterday, courses were tougher than anticipated but aside from Brian's great course 3 run everyone was close and each of the 3 had at least 1 truck finish so they were doable.

Brian 78
Derrick 112
Ken 117
Tim 123
Jake 136
Quentin 151
Cory 152
Ben 154
Seth 156
Farmer 157
Aaron 159
Doug 159 Tie breaker being Aaron's great course 3 run (2nd best)
Evan 163
Josh 164
Devon 165
Colt 166
Bob 168
Gage 178
Miller Tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 03:39 PM   #92
Rock Stacker

WoW I beat Farmer! And I took a 40 on the last course

Love yah Farmer
airborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 06:51 PM   #93

My buddy and I stopped by there on Saturday to watch and all I have to say is there sure are some immature whine asses that crawl. The whole half hour we sat there and watched it was a bunch of petty bickering between a few of the people about when the timer started, who was calling out stuff, who was and wasn't a judge.

Just wanted to know that there are some folks out there that give a negative first impression to people walking by.

No the plus side it did look like a very challenging course and there were a lot of little rigs sitting around. Maybe next year you guys could petition to get it put a little closer to the main areas.

Last edited by mschaffer66; 07-19-2009 at 06:56 PM.
mschaffer66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 07:39 PM   #94
Pebble Pounder

Apologies on the bickering, believe it or not it was between friends and both were judges at that, some times we do forget about impressions outside those whom are behind the scenes.

On that note I'd like to give my rundown on the event and make a few other apologies and explanations, and open the floor to others to do the same and hopefully improve this and other events.

First it most be noted that this was put on and the main decisions were controlled by the Three Rivers Festival Staff. Seth, Brian and Myself merely had a hand in logistics of day of event management and course design both within the limits of what they provided. This resulted in 2 big issues that we the Fort Wayne crew feel VERY BAD about.

First The Rocks provided. We were promised all of whatever kind of rock we needed, believe it or not the course closest to the path is initially what they gave us. Be beg bummed and even used our equipment to get more. This affected the practice course, the ability to run 3 open crawl courses, and the need to jump from course 1 to 2 to get a 3rd layout.

Second Door Prizes. They were provided a list of vendors, we even asked multiple time leading up to the event and volunteered to do it and they ensured us they had it under control and even had the prizes lined up. Obviously we should have done it ourselves.

Third the actual running of the event. We tried our best to keep it fair minimal running of the course ahead of time was done and that was merely to determine what was and wasn't possible and even at that there were changes to the course Friday and the last of the rock did not even show till Wednesday. Of the top 5 only 2 had ever seen the course before and as close as the scores were (Brian's great 3rd run aside) I say things looked as even as possible.

A question of boundaries came up, as far as I can tell no-one actually received a boundary penatly. It was mentioned at the meeting that since the paint was forgot and since the intention was not to give penalties but rather keep rediculous trek to a minumim and keep the course clear for drivers, that we would just verbaly agree to keep things resonable and not have a marked boundary, enough said.

All that said I still think it was a success, and rest assured Seth and I have already said IF it is done again next year then
1) They know and we openly expressed our need for more large rocks next time.
2) Cash pay-out was a bad idea and we would rather have bought raffle prizes.
3) Temperature variations effecting rock traction will be taking in to account, those damn courses were hard.

So all that said I had a blast and feel most did also but I am sure some are to polite to discuss concercns, but please do, only lets try to keep it constructive.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:06 AM   #95
Pebble Pounder

It's nice to see the casual passer-by has the energy to find us on our thread and bash the entire event based on his half hour of observation. Thanks

Ben
Old 07-20-2009, 06:09 AM   #96
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportpak View Post
It's nice to see the casual passer-by has the energy to find us on our thread and bash the entire event based on his half hour of observation. Thanks

Ben
Easy Ben....look at his post count, he is a crawler and frankly he told us how things appear from outside and I appreciate that. Can't grow the hobby that way. Personnally I think we had better response from spectators before the comp.....when the DAMN money wasn't on the line
Old 07-20-2009, 08:26 AM   #97

Here's a link to the newspaper article for the Rock the Fort competition. http://www.news-sentinel.com/apps/pb...NEWS/907200318 A huge thanks to Seth, Ken, TRF and everyone else that helped make this event a success.
wallyworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 08:48 AM   #98

all in all you guys did a great job its tough to put on an event when you don't have total control over all, and where else can you compete for money and the guys you are competing with are helping you "great work drivers ". it was great meeting some new people and old friends.............Tim
OLD Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:14 AM   #99
Rock Crawler

I think it was great especially it being the first event and with everything not going the way it was suppose too and you guys pulled off a great comp...it can only get better from here.
M_ENERGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 02:23 PM   #100
Pebble Pounder

Anyone else have a problem with the $? If so let me know I'll send you a check so we can get on with this.

I am not sure if rock crawling is the same everywhere? But, one thing about this great group of guys that we have is the willingness for everyone to help eachother. Whether its on their rig or finding that perfect 1/8" of rock, or the "lock the front and drive the rear".

No other type of RC I have been envolved in have I witnessed the willingness of competitors to help eachother win or lose. I think I get just as excited for a competitors truck to crawl the impossible as the driver does. Its amazing what these little trucks will do.

I havn't been crawling very long but I will say I am not going anywhere because of the great group of guys I get to crawl with. Not the money or prizes.
RealDeel is offline   Reply With Quote