Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Indiana

Notices

Thread: Northern Indiana / Michiana Area Crawlers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2009, 02:05 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Northern Indiana / Michiana Area Crawlers

Hey guys, I'm looking for some LOCAL guys to get some ideas of some good crawling spots up in Northern Indiana. Summit in Fort wayne is always a good spot to go but i'm looking for something a little different. Maybe a natural formation or something. Hopefully there are some people from the South Bend/Mishawaka area or Elkhart/Goshen area that have crawlers and want to get together.

Post up if you got any ideas!
jcboof is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2009, 09:09 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

A buddy of mine offered to let us build an indoor in his barn this fall if we wanted to. I know that doesnt qualify as natural terrain, but it might work out good as a 3rd alternative to the Rox Box and Summit for some winter crawls. Gonna work a bit on that when we get done with harvest. Beyond that I'm gonna start looking around this area for good spots to run. I'll post up pics if I find something.
Handicrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 02:44 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

I'd be interested in knowing where to crawl in the Michiana area also, as I just moved here from Ohio.
NOMERCY!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 02:08 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOMERCY!! View Post
I'd be interested in knowing where to crawl in the Michiana area also, as I just moved here from Ohio.
Where do you live now??

I'm live in Topeka, About 30 minutes east of Elkhart.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:48 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

I live in Elkhart. Just north of 20.
NOMERCY!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:23 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Sweet, If you know of any local spots to crawl in elhart or somewhere close, please let me know. I'm working on getting a spot in middlebury to climb at. I'll keep ya posted.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:44 PM   #7

I know this is an old post but....anyway looking for folks to crawl with in michiana area. Thanks, Mike, South Bend
mikenholly07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:35 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Well, I'm about the only one in the michiana area that I know of. I live about 15 mins from goshen. I do most of my crawling in Indy and Detroit area. There really is nothing much around here as far as comps go. And there are not many places around me to crawl at all. If you know of any places, please let me know and maybe we can meet up and do some crawling! If you are new to this, I'm sure I could help ya out!
Old 09-03-2010, 08:19 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Hey guys, I am in FT. Wayne this week for work. Where are some good places to crawl at? I saw on here about Summit, does it still exist and is it open to the public?
Tin Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:27 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Summit is still there. They have a small course next to the dirt track. And another on the hill to the left of the track. Its nothing amazing but it works.

There is a comp in Indy about 1.5 hours south of ft wayne on Sunday.
Old 09-09-2010, 02:37 PM   #11

thinkn of movin back to gr
love2crwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:10 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Back into the sport
my buddys basement in mishawaka. anyone is welcome. just rebuilt and expanded it tonight
b00st3d-vr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:47 AM   #13

Default Michigan City Fun

Hey guys check out my post Michigan City Indoor Fun
Let me know what you guys think about the idea and get in contact with me!!
tpworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:04 AM   #14

i live in niles ru still crawlin hit me up , me and my buddy r lookin for some ppl to go crawl with hope to here from thanks and god bless
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcboof View Post
Hey guys, I'm looking for some LOCAL guys to get some ideas of some good crawling spots up in Northern Indiana. Summit in Fort wayne is always a good spot to go but i'm looking for something a little different. Maybe a natural formation or something. Hopefully there are some people from the South Bend/Mishawaka area or Elkhart/Goshen area that have crawlers and want to get together.

Post up if you got any ideas!
mex420boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:01 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

I'm in Akron, IN...about 10min. East of Rochester...which is 30-45min. south of South Bend on 31. My brother and I are always looking to get together with some others. There arent any nice natural areas around you guys? Some parks or abandoned quarries open to the public? Public Access sites w/woods? There are a couple PA's around here with some deep woods but the mosquitos are terrible out there! Still could go out there though. I'll snap some shots when the weather breaks to see what ya'll think. My parents have a nice plot of land behind their barn that I have to clean up but it would be perfect for a crawler playground...just finding time to get out there with two kids gets tough lol. Gotta drag crap out and burn some brush etc... alot of work but it would be perfect. Theres already some nice landscaping from part of our 4wheeler track going back there so the terrain is all different. I'll have to get going on that now that I've been talking about it lol. If any of you from there came out, we used to be "Rochester R/C Park".
M109R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:41 PM   #16
Rock Stacker

im from mishawaka/ southbend area around mishawaka hs havent been there in awhile ill be there early next yr if ppl wanna get together it would be great
wraith_1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:08 PM   #17

i live in northwest indiana and theres a bunch of hardcore crawling at wahalla beach in whiting indiana. its right on lake michigan. i have an xr 10 and it is tough! almost frustrating at times! if anyone ever wants to meet up and crawl feel free to message me. we have a little group of friends and family that crawl. 2 losi night crawlers, 1 ax10, venum creeper and my xr10
Jophuss36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:14 PM   #18
Rock Stacker

Default snow bashing is fun

i'm open to crawl its gonna be winter by the time i get there whos up for snow races(waterproofing is a must) let me know if your down ill set it up and get a location.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:25 PM   #19
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jophuss36 View Post
i live in northwest indiana and theres a bunch of hardcore crawling at wahalla beach in whiting indiana. its right on lake michigan. i have an xr 10 and it is tough! almost frustrating at times! if anyone ever wants to meet up and crawl feel free to message me. we have a little group of friends and family that crawl. 2 losi night crawlers, 1 ax10, venum creeper and my xr10
not sure id fit in with my attempted scalers or wraith
lagz2point0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:40 PM   #20
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagz2point0 View Post
not sure id fit in with my attempted scalers or wraith
i just got a wraith and its a work in progress but its all fun thats why i wanna get it together for some fun