Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Indiana

Notices

Thread: Sheltering Wings Christmas Crawl at the ROX BOX

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2009, 11:39 PM   #21
WWW.THEROXBOX.COM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgess16 View Post
i'm hoping to make if it for nothing else to learn alittle. just put together a lcc.

Sound great, hope to see you there ......

Note: You will learn more from driving than watching.... So plan to drive You will have a blast with your LCC, plus this is a great group of guys. You will learn a lot and have fun, as everyone here is more than willing to help.
The Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2009, 09:15 AM   #22
Quarry Creeper

BLACK FRIDAY = Great deal on a toy for a boy. I like it so much I might have to get one for me too, I mean my son too.
Ghostkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 02:18 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Hey Aaron, Quick question for ya. I've finally got my sportsman rig done and its a BEAST!! Anyways, I just noticed in the 2.2 Sportsman class rules that you are limited to a 2S lipo. Are we enforcing that rule at the Rox Box??? I don't own a single 2S lipo battery, never have, never planned on it.

Am I gonna have to buy some new batteries or can I run what I got??

Just curious!
jcboof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 03:20 PM   #24
WWW.THEROXBOX.COM

DEC. 6TH CRAWL

2.2 and 2.2 sportsman
sign in at 8:30 am
driving to start at 9 am

MORE INFO TO COME THIS WEEKEND

See you all then and Happy Holidays

The Rox Box
Old 11-28-2009, 05:12 PM   #25

Sign me up. I will definetly be there. This is my first comp ever and it sounds as if I couldn't have picked a better one to get my feet wet. Thanks Drtracr for talking me into it. Especially for this great cause because I've been in these situations and its nice to know that there are people out there more than willing to help. So thanks to you to Eye. Can't wait. Oh and one last thing, if anyone has any aluminum knuckles they're wanting to sell, let me know and I'll take em off your hands at the comp.

Last edited by mkinnett1; 11-28-2009 at 05:15 PM.
mkinnett1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 06:35 PM   #26
WWW.THEROXBOX.COM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkinnett1 View Post
Sign me up. I will definetly be there. This is my first comp ever and it sounds as if I couldn't have picked a better one to get my feet wet. Thanks Drtracr for talking me into it. Especially for this great cause because I've been in these situations and its nice to know that there are people out there more than willing to help. So thanks to you to Eye. Can't wait. Oh and one last thing, if anyone has any aluminum knuckles they're wanting to sell, let me know and I'll take em off your hands at the comp.

Glad to have you come to the Box for your first comp. We have a great group of guys, all of which are more than willing to help answer any of your questions if needed.

See you sunday
Old 11-28-2009, 09:56 PM   #27
Pebble Pounder

Hey does anyone coming to the comp have a hotwire and a laptop they could bring to program my fxr??I'm so cheap!!!
DrtRacr440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 09:58 PM   #28
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcboof View Post
Hey Aaron, Quick question for ya. I've finally got my sportsman rig done and its a BEAST!! Anyways, I just noticed in the 2.2 Sportsman class rules that you are limited to a 2S lipo. Are we enforcing that rule at the Rox Box??? I don't own a single 2S lipo battery, never have, never planned on it.

Am I gonna have to buy some new batteries or can I run what I got??

Just curious!
I'll loan ya a 2s if loan me a 3s!!!I have no 3s yet{next week),but have 3 2s packs...20c strong packs..PM me
DrtRacr440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 10:17 PM   #29
Colt Python/SR9c

Quote:
Anyways, I just noticed in the 2.2 Sportsman class rules that you are limited to a 2S lipo. Are we enforcing that rule at the Rox Box???
Where are these sportsman rules?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrtRacr440 View Post
Hey does anyone coming to the comp have a hotwire and a laptop they could bring to program my fxr??I'm so cheap!!!
If I remember, I'll bring mine over. But its just easier to use the touch programming, unless its a new FXR and not updated to the new firmware.
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 10:33 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgess16 View Post
i'm hoping to make if it for nothing else to learn alittle. just put together a lcc.

I did the watch thing for two events, it's torture. Bring your rig.
Ghostkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 07:47 AM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedCreations View Post
Where are these sportsman rules?
Noticed them here. Even though theses rules are not the Rox Box rules, they are just suggestions for other clubs.

Aaron has implemented his own rules for the Rox Box and it is HOUSE RULES that we will follow there

2.2 Sportsman Class Rules:(added for 2009) TAKEN FROM MiRCA's rules...

If a 2.2 Sportsman Class vehicle violates any of the following requirements it must run in Class 2.2 or 2.2 unlimited respectfully. Any vehicle competing in the 2.2 Sportsman class will not be allowed to compete in another class and vice versa. These are " Club Rules " and can be Modified or adjusted at any time as long as it is for the good of the class.
1 - Vehicle wheelbase is limited to a maximum of 12.5 inches. This is determined by measuring from centerline of front axle stub to centerline of rear axle stub, with all the wheels pointing straight ahead, with the vehicles suspension holding it's own weight.
2 - Vehicle track width is limited to a maximum of 12.5 inches. This is determined by measuring the bottom of the outer most edge of the front and rear tires while the vehicle is sitting on level ground.
3 - Vehicle is limited to 2.2 inch wheels/rims at the bead surface. Wheels may be modified provided that the tire bead surface does not exceed 2.2 inches in diameter. Tires may NOT be modified from other sized tires, They must be a readily available 2.2 size tire with a maximum outside diameter of 6 inches. no Cutting on tire for any reason. Addition of custom foams and or weight is allowed
4 - Vehicles are limited to 2-wheel steering on front axle only.
5 - Vehicles are limited to the use of a 2 channel radio control (one for steering & one for throttle ) only. Neither channel can be used to perform more than one function. Radio systems with more than 2 channels are allowed but only 2 channels can be used to control the vehicle.
6 - Vehicles are limited to 1 ESC & 1 servo only.
7 - Vehicles are limited to 1 motor powering both of the axles. Exceptions will be made for RTR vehicles that came factory equipped with dual motors such as the Duratrax cliff climber and similar vehicles. No Berg, Clod or similar axles allowed
8 – No driver controlled devices, other than steering and throttle control, will be allowed. Independent throttle control to the front or rear axles (“burn” or “dig”), winching down the axles, and forced articulation are not allowed in this class. Vehicle is allowed to have a " dig " transmission but you will be disqualified if you use it
9 – A battery is limited to 8.4 nominal voltage (7 cell nimh/nicd & 2 cell lipo/limoly).
10 - If at any point during a run your vehicle falls out of these vehicle specs for any reason you will be required to take a touch penalty and correct the problem.
11 - body must be 3” minimum height on sides. No less than 12.5” total length and full original width, and no less than 5” in the center. All bodies should resemble its original form (Jeep bodies look like a Jeep)
12 - 2.2 Sportsman class bodiless overall dimension of the complete chassis must be at least 8"overall length, 3" overall width, and 3.75" overall height.

Last edited by jcboof; 11-29-2009 at 01:34 PM.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:49 AM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrtRacr440 View Post
I'll loan ya a 2s if loan me a 3s!!!I have no 3s yet{next week),but have 3 2s packs...20c strong packs..PM me
Thanks for the offer, Aaron and I already discussed it. I'm not going to worry about the battery thing, especially since i'm only running that class for fun, not to compete.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:44 AM   #33
WWW.THEROXBOX.COM

HOUSE INFO:

SPORTSMAN CLASS AT THE ROX BOX
FOR THE WINTER SERIES

MUST BE A SHAFTY WITH NO DIG

DRIVERS NOTE:
IF YOU ARE DRIVING IN THE 2.2 CLASS AND BRING A SPORTSMAN TRUCK
YOU MUST DRIVE YOUR 2.2 TRUCK FIRST AS THIS IS WHERE YOUR SCORE IS GOING TO COUNT.

Thanks
RB
Old 11-29-2009, 11:04 AM   #34
Colt Python/SR9c

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eye View Post
YOU MUST DRIVE YOUR 2.2 TRUCK FIRST AS THIS IS WHERE YOUR SCORE IS GOING TO COUNT.
So sportsman runs the exact same courses?

So I could run my Losi(with dig) in 2.2, then I could lock the dig out and run the exact same courses in Sportsman?
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:35 AM   #35
WWW.THEROXBOX.COM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedCreations View Post
So sportsman runs the exact same courses?

So I could run my Losi(with dig) in 2.2, then I could lock the dig out and run the exact same courses in Sportsman?

Yep, sportsman run the same course's

Nope, as you can not run the same truck in 2 classes

This takes a way the pre-running idea, has you are just driving your other truck for fun and to get more drive time. Also there are no trading trucks with other drivers to compete in dual classes
Old 11-29-2009, 12:13 PM   #36

One quick question I have? I noticed in the rules for sportsman class,that tires should not be cut for any reason. I have a set of Losi Rock Claws that I have siped. Right now, I can't really afford to buy a new set of tires just for a comp (due to kids and Christmas) plus I'm waiting on the new sedonas. Anyways, is this gonna be a problem with me running in the sportsman class. If so, I may have to pass cause its the only set of tires I have till income tax time.

Last edited by mkinnett1; 11-29-2009 at 12:32 PM.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:24 PM   #37
WWW.THEROXBOX.COM

Quote:
One quick question I have? I noticed in the rules for sportsman class,that tires should not be cut for any reason. I have a set of Losi Rock Claws that I have siped. Right now, I can't really afford to buy a new set of tires just for a comp (due to kids and Christmas) plus I'm waiting on the new sedonas. Anyways, is this gonna be a problem with me running in the sportsman class. If so, I may have to pass cause its the only set of tires I have till income tax time.
]

Your tires will be fine ... no worries

We run USRCCA Rules, and for our sportsman class you just need a shafty and no dig.

The ROX BOX is running a shafty, no dig class so dont let all these sportsman class rules get in the way.

Thanks
Old 11-29-2009, 12:31 PM   #38

Thanks, much appreciated. Like I said, can't really afford to buy new tires and really didn't wanna miss my first comp because of tires. I only plan on the sportsman class for now cause I don't have a dig yet. Planning on getting one at income tax time so I can hang in the bigger classes.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:33 PM   #39
WWW.THEROXBOX.COM

Quote:
Noticed them here.

2.2 Sportsman Class Rules:(added for 2009)

If a 2.2 Sportsman Class vehicle violates any of the following requirements it must run in Class 2.2 or 2.2 unlimited respectfully. Any vehicle competing in the 2.2 Sportsman class will not be allowed to compete in another class and vice versa. These are " Club Rules " and can be Modified or adjusted at any time as long as it is for the good of the class.
1 - Vehicle wheelbase is limited to a maximum of 12.5 inches. This is determined by measuring from centerline of front axle stub to centerline of rear axle stub, with all the wheels pointing straight ahead, with the vehicles suspension holding it's own weight.
2 - Vehicle track width is limited to a maximum of 12.5 inches. This is determined by measuring the bottom of the outer most edge of the front and rear tires while the vehicle is sitting on level ground.
3 - Vehicle is limited to 2.2 inch wheels/rims at the bead surface. Wheels may be modified provided that the tire bead surface does not exceed 2.2 inches in diameter. Tires may NOT be modified from other sized tires, They must be a readily available 2.2 size tire with a maximum outside diameter of 6 inches. no Cutting on tire for any reason. Addition of custom foams and or weight is allowed
4 - Vehicles are limited to 2-wheel steering on front axle only.
5 - Vehicles are limited to the use of a 2 channel radio control (one for steering & one for throttle ) only. Neither channel can be used to perform more than one function. Radio systems with more than 2 channels are allowed but only 2 channels can be used to control the vehicle.
6 - Vehicles are limited to 1 ESC & 1 servo only.
7 - Vehicles are limited to 1 motor powering both of the axles. Exceptions will be made for RTR vehicles that came factory equipped with dual motors such as the Duratrax cliff climber and similar vehicles. No Berg, Clod or similar axles allowed
8 – No driver controlled devices, other than steering and throttle control, will be allowed. Independent throttle control to the front or rear axles (“burn” or “dig”), winching down the axles, and forced articulation are not allowed in this class. Vehicle is allowed to have a " dig " transmission but you will be disqualified if you use it
9 – A battery is limited to 8.4 nominal voltage (7 cell nimh/nicd & 2 cell lipo/limoly).
10 - If at any point during a run your vehicle falls out of these vehicle specs for any reason you will be required to take a touch penalty and correct the problem.
11 - body must be 3” minimum height on sides. No less than 12.5” total length and full original width, and no less than 5” in the center. All bodies should resemble its original form (Jeep bodies look like a Jeep)
12 - 2.2 Sportsman class bodiless overall dimension of the complete chassis must be at least 8"overall length, 3" overall width, and 3.75" overall height.

NOTE: THESE ARE JUST RULES THAT ARE FLOOTING AROUND ON RCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eye View Post
HOUSE INFO:

SPORTSMAN CLASS AT THE ROX BOX
FOR THE WINTER SERIES

MUST BE A SHAFTY WITH NO DIG

DRIVERS NOTE:

Thanks

RB

THIS IS HOW WE ARE RUNNING OUR BEGINNERS CLASS. "AKA SPORTSMAN CLASS"

TAKE A TRUCK THAT FOLLOWS ALL USRCCA 2.2 RULES AND RUN SHAFTS AND NO DIG.

THIS IS A BEGINNERS CLASS AND IS TO BE FUN FOR EVERYONE
Old 11-29-2009, 12:35 PM   #40
WWW.THEROXBOX.COM

Quote:
Thanks, much appreciated. Like I said, can't really afford to buy new tires and really didn't wanna miss my first comp because of tires. I only plan on the sportsman class for now cause I don't have a dig yet. Planning on getting one at income tax time so I can hang in the bigger classes.

Cool, see you sunday .... You will have a blast