Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Indiana

Notices

Thread: Crawling areas in Indiana

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2010, 08:16 PM   #41
Pebble Pounder

Has anyone been to McCormick's Creek state park? It is in Spencer, which is just north of Bloomington. It's a huge state park that has all sorts of waterfalls and lots of that famous bloomington limestone.

It's been a long time since I've been there, well before I did any RC stuff. But I can remember going through the creeks/rivers on foot and lots of rocks, shallow water, cool stuff. Oh, and sinkholes that can swallow a house!!!!

There's also Turkey Run State Park, it's about 30 miles north of Terre Haute. There are some very cool trails that go through creeks/rivers, But the location is waaaay out of the way unless you live around here, and in the summer it is packed with people on the trails/creeks/rivers, so a comp there wouldn't work. But I'm sure it's got some great spots anyway.
nandrewjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2010, 07:07 PM   #42
Pebble Pounder

Back into the sport
b00st3d-vr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:19 PM   #43
0 0

I did a job In Bedford IN and after the job was over my coworkers and I discovered what looked like an old quarry. Maybe if anyone is close you'll know what I'm talking about or you can check it out sometime.

Here's a screenshot

romulus22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:43 AM   #44
Pebble Pounder

[QUOTE=nandrewjackson;2765992]Has anyone been to McCormick's Creek state park? It is in Spencer, which is just north of Bloomington. It's a huge state park that has all sorts of waterfalls and lots of that famous bloomington limestone.

It's been a long time since I've been there, well before I did any RC stuff. But I can remember going through the creeks/rivers on foot and lots of rocks, shallow water, cool stuff. Oh, and sinkholes that can swallow a house!!!![QUOTE]

I have been there but not to crawl. I got a buddy down there in Spencer that has a sweet 1:1 rig and he may be getting a 1:10, if he does I am sure I will check it out. If you decide to go check i out sometime, let me know. Its not a bad drive from Plainfield.
HARDTRAILZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:48 PM   #45
Rock Stacker

Try Brown County!!!! Lots of rocks and hills. it sure aint flat!. Maybe Brown County Sate Park?!?!
rockcrawler150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:00 PM   #46
I wanna be Dave

i have a spot that im building here at my house that anyone can come play at . there is like 12 gates rite now but there could be more . i would love to have a few people who have built courses come look at what i have an help build some new stuff . there is alot of wasted rock rite now to get a lil highth but its still a fun place to play an pratice
slowride1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:33 PM   #47
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlchrist View Post
Happy Hollow Park in West Lafayette IN. has a nice creek full of river rock, shale rock, and sand. and I've never seen it full of water. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWH_sUQTOzU This vid was taken at Happy Hollow
What you been up to cory? still messin with them dam scalers i see? Happy Hollow isnt good for anything but scalers, but its something i guess.
Scale_Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:57 PM   #48
RCC Addict

Hey Guys, I know this is kind of an old thread, but Lake Martin wher my Step-Grandparents live, near Crawfordsville has/had huge rocks(house size) that we used to jump off of in the summer...anybody now where I am talking about??

**edit: My mom is getting her lakes mixed up, lake martin is in Alabama, and no good to ya'll, She said they live on a lake in Rock Creek Indiana, and that's the one with the Rocks, googling it now!

***Edit again: Mom gave me there Phone and Addy, in Rockville, IN....good name....ROCKville!!

Last edited by PaloAltoK5; 03-19-2011 at 11:47 PM.
PaloAltoK5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 03:16 PM   #49
RCC Addict

Pretty sure your talking about Racoon Lake (also called Cecil Hardin res.), I'm about 20 minutes from the spillway on the south end of the lake. I've been meaning to get up there to check it out, the spillway has about 50ft by 500 ft of rock about two to three feet across. Mostly limestone with some granite and a little sandstone, lots of big holes though. Paved parking right by the rock with a sidewalk cut through the middle, so it would be a great comp spot if there are drivable lines there. People fishing stay below the sidewalk and it would catch trucks in tumbles. I had totally forgot about the cliffs on the lake where people jump, very high grip sandstone there. I've only been to that part of the lake by boat, but it's very close to the Highway 36 bridge and a boat ramp if I remember right.
indiana mudcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:06 PM   #50
RCC Addict

Yeah, I gave up on my mom's memory and called grand ma, you are right, it is Racoon lake. What you are describing is exactly what I remember, thats why I figured i'd post it up. I haven't been in a while, since Mom divorced their son (they disowned him and kept her, too funny) but I was planning to take my son down for a visit which is why it popped into my mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiana mudcat View Post
Pretty sure your talking about Racoon Lake (also called Cecil Hardin res.), I'm about 20 minutes from the spillway on the south end of the lake. I've been meaning to get up there to check it out, the spillway has about 50ft by 500 ft of rock about two to three feet across. Mostly limestone with some granite and a little sandstone, lots of big holes though. Paved parking right by the rock with a sidewalk cut through the middle, so it would be a great comp spot if there are drivable lines there. People fishing stay below the sidewalk and it would catch trucks in tumbles. I had totally forgot about the cliffs on the lake where people jump, very high grip sandstone there. I've only been to that part of the lake by boat, but it's very close to the Highway 36 bridge and a boat ramp if I remember right.
PaloAltoK5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 07:59 AM   #51

hey guys i just started crawling but im from connersville indiana over near ohio but i work at brookeville lake the state park and so does my friend we just found some good spots i got a modded nylint and hes got a axial if anybodys looking to crawl around here shoot me a pm
xxcoolrollinxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:47 AM   #52

Hi I dont know if you will read this but we have two proportes that would be perfect for some good fun
!
RENEGADE< is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:04 AM   #53
I wanna be Dave

Where at?
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:35 AM   #54
Rock Crawler

theres a good spot along the wabash river by battelground and laffayette its called davis ferry lotsa mud and some good trails
S ARR T 8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:13 PM   #55

Default Re: Crawling areas in Indiana

Hey guys im a noob to crawling but ive been around rc all my life. I am a co owner of a hobby shop here in bedford indiana and about the pic above yes there are several quarries around here and a bunch of places to crawl everywhere but the are no crawlers!!! So if you are from bedford or surrounding let me know!!! i really am pushing this hobby at my track but do not have the room to make a course there.
BRANDON1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:27 PM   #56

hey in steuben county wer have about 2000 acres of state land if ya just wanted to hit the trails come n up we have tons of area to crawl even if ya wanna go off the walk path some killa lines thats were i always go i love it
redcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:48 PM   #57
Pebble Pounder

There are a few places in northern IN to crawl...Ive been hittin difrerent breakwalls on lake michigan lately.

This one is in Portage IN right on the beach at the new city park...unlimited lines

There are several places along lake michigan to go just like this.

Last edited by shaggy2112; 02-25-2012 at 08:50 PM.
shaggy2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:35 AM   #58
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcat1 View Post
hey in steuben county wer have about 2000 acres of state land if ya just wanted to hit the trails come n up we have tons of area to crawl even if ya wanna go off the walk path some killa lines thats were i always go i love it
Hey RedCat!! You talking about Pokagon? Shoot me a PM sometime. Looking for a group to trail run/crawl with. I'm in Auburn, and I have a Wraith with a few mods. Pretty capable crawler now. Maybe we can get some interest sparked up here in NE Indiana.
sdtech58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:42 AM   #59

Anyone try redbird offroad park in Dugger IN. It's a state park. They have a few small trails that are just rock. Plus a large rock garden.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Cobbrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:44 AM   #60
Rock Crawler

I went to Hanging Rock which is in Lagro, IN this weekend. It was pretty cool, nice climbs on the rock itself and also on the shore of the river. Big, medium and small limestone blocks/rocks. Has some good steep climbs and some nice technical lines too. Anyone around the area, it would be cool to meet up and crawl. You come in on 24 and turn onto N CR 300E towards Lagro. Follow that onto E Hanging Rock Rd (where CR 300 E curves right, you stay straight). Hanging Rock is on the left about a mile down. Latitude: 40-49'45'' N Longitude: 85-42'28'' W

Last edited by Wicked Monkey; 09-24-2012 at 09:02 AM.
Wicked Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote