Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Indiana

Notices

Thread: Crawling areas in Indiana

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2012, 03:57 PM   #61
RCC Addict

Default Re: Crawling areas in Indiana

That place looks awesome.^^ How far is largo from indy?
Beest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2012, 04:04 PM   #62
Quarry Creeper

He's up in my neck of the woods, Wabash is about 40 minutes from my house.
Handicrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:59 AM   #63
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beest View Post
That place looks awesome.^^ How far is largo from indy?
You're probably looking at about an hour and a half, maybe two hours. Takes me about 2 hours to get to Indy and that's from Huntington. Plug those coordinates in to a map app and it should give you directions/driving time.

It'd only be worth it if either you were in the area, or there were a bunch of guys looking to get together/crawl.
Wicked Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:01 PM   #64
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handicrawler View Post
He's up in my neck of the woods, Wabash is about 40 minutes from my house.
Where do you go to crawl?
Old 10-11-2012, 05:44 PM   #65
RCC Addict

Id be willing to ride out there fot a gtg if yall northrrn felllas wanted to have a trail ride/comp or whatever. Theres a few of us around indy i could get to go. Is there anything there to challenge a comp rig??
Old 10-12-2012, 03:13 PM   #66
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Id be willing to ride out there fot a gtg if yall northrrn felllas wanted to have a trail ride/comp or whatever. Theres a few of us around indy i could get to go. Is there anything there to challenge a comp rig??
hmm. I can go out there and get some pictures of along the river. There's some good stuff (I think, but I've never run a comp). The actual Hanging Rock is cool but it's not a huge challenge. It's fun to crawl and might have more of a challenge to the scale crowd.

Like I said, it probably isn't worth coming up just to recreation crawl if you aren't close. I'm only 30 min. away so it's fun for me. Not a lot around me as far as good crawling spots, unless I spy a big rock pile at a construction site.

Last edited by Wicked Monkey; 10-26-2012 at 06:35 AM.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:45 PM   #67
Quarry Creeper

does anyone know the status of Vanilla Greens mini golf course in Royerton? i go by there all the time on my way to hartford city. sometimes it looks like its open an sometimes looks abandon. its small, an probably not much challenge for 1/10 comp rigs but looks like it could be a good way to kill an hour or two with a mini. ive thought about takin mine an just droppin in one day. worst theyre gonna do is tell ya to leave i suppose.
dieselmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:35 PM   #68
RCC Addict

Handicrawler and tjsteave are from that area maybe they could chime in on that.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:22 PM   #69
Quarry Creeper

Its been closed for a couple of years now. Losicrawler2 lives about 3 miles from there and took his down there a couple times, said it wasn't anything challenging for a comp crawler. Said a scaler might be challenged down there. I don't know if anyone would care if you played there or not, I have been tempted to go there myself.
Handicrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:52 AM   #70
RCC Addict

I was just in bloominton. I saw a cool scaler spot. cascades park. Looks like a good spot for a g6 maybe.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:00 AM   #71
I wanna be Dave

Cascades Park is a cool place. Never thought about it for scaling!
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:24 PM   #72
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handicrawler View Post
Its been closed for a couple of years now. Losicrawler2 lives about 3 miles from there and took his down there a couple times, said it wasn't anything challenging for a comp crawler. Said a scaler might be challenged down there. I don't know if anyone would care if you played there or not, I have been tempted to go there myself.

cool. may have to drop in there with the MRC sometime. like i said earlier worst thing could happen is someone show up and ask you to leave.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:49 AM   #73
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Handicrawler and tjsteave are from that area maybe they could chime in on that.
I go by there almost every week on the way to muncie. Someone opened it back up this past summer, but it is closed now for the winter. My thoughts from just driving by were what Losicrawler2 determined. I would like to have the rock though!
TJ Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:30 PM   #74
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by messiah1 View Post
I went to Hanging Rock which is in Lagro, IN this weekend. It was pretty cool, nice climbs on the rock itself and also on the shore of the river. Big, medium and small limestone blocks/rocks. Has some good steep climbs and some nice technical lines too. Anyone around the area, it would be cool to meet up and crawl. You come in on 24 and turn onto N CR 300E towards Lagro. Follow that onto E Hanging Rock Rd (where CR 300 E curves right, you stay straight). Hanging Rock is on the left about a mile down. Latitude: 40-49'45'' N Longitude: 85-42'28'' W

i stopped by there on my way home from wabash today. ive been there once about 6 years ago an had forgotten a lot of it. its defiantely on my list of places to crawl now. had i thought ahead last night i coulda threw the mini in the truck with me this mornin.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:08 PM   #75
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselmudder View Post
i stopped by there on my way home from wabash today. ive been there once about 6 years ago an had forgotten a lot of it. its defiantely on my list of places to crawl now. had i thought ahead last night i coulda threw the mini in the truck with me this mornin.
Let me know if you ever want to crawl there with someone else. It's about 20-25 minutes away from me. Lot's of leaves down last time I was there a couple weekends ago...Probably worse now. Water was up too so some of the bigger rocks along the river were submerged.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:14 PM   #76
Quarry Creeper

probably wont be this year, but i may try an get up there come spring. i wanna take the gf an a tour of the dams an reservoirs anyway. i got my LNC back up an running today. so hopefully i'll be able to take the mini the LNC and the wraith all at once maybe even have an LCC going by then
Old 12-02-2012, 06:07 PM   #77
Quarry Creeper

i just had an epiphany.. westwood park in New Castle. public park with Horseback, hiking, and biking trails. at least a full mile of trail if not more. i rode horses there with my girlfriend earlier this fall. I will look into it. cost to use, and whether its open year round. cant beleive i didnt think of this earlier.