Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Indiana

Notices

Thread: Has crawling died in Indiana?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2011, 11:32 AM   #41
Fan of wheelspeed

I'm game for some crawlin this coming up Sunday, I'd rather trail run, but it's whatever. I'm in Newburgh, IN. I cant drive 2 hours or anything like that, but I'd be good with a hour drive or so. Not sure where you guys call home, but I'd def be interested if you guys have a place a little closer. Let me know.

Last edited by Hoosierdady; 11-14-2011 at 05:56 PM.
Hoosierdady is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2011, 05:59 PM   #42
Rock Crawler

Where about is Newburgh?

I'm in Madison.
Turn'Nburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:54 PM   #43
Fan of wheelspeed

Almost 3 hrs away from you.

Madison, IN to Newburgh, IN - Google Maps
Hoosierdady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:24 PM   #44
Rock Crawler

Falls of the Ohio is a good place to go, I also work around where you live towards spring time.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:29 PM   #45
Rock Crawler

Well it seems I got my answer, crawling HAS died in Indiana.
transambill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:11 PM   #46
Quarry Creeper

Its not dead, just taking a nap!
Handicrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:57 PM   #47
Rock Crawler

I sure hope so man.
It's prety bad when the only crawling get together is put on buy a group from another state and the guy with the only game in town is MIA.
transambill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:13 AM   #48
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by transambill View Post
I sure hope so man.
It's prety bad when the only crawling get together is put on buy a group from another state and the guy with the only game in town is MIA.
You got that right!
I just got started, and now, NOTHING!!!!!!
Some of us are just a little too old to be stayin' up for 24 hours, especially when the drive to get there is 1 1/2 hrs. I got my money tied up in my rig and don't have unlimited funds to spend on a hotel either!
I'm building a crawling pile in my garage It won't be a "Ted's Garage", but hoping for in a 8' x 10' or slightly larger, and challenging
TJ Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:42 AM   #49
I wanna be Dave

SIRCC still has comps once a month. We were just in Cloverdale two weeks ago and at FOTO the month before that. We are comp crawlers, not scalers though.
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:58 AM   #50
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
SIRCC still has comps once a month. We were just in Cloverdale two weeks ago and at FOTO the month before that. We are comp crawlers, not scalers though.
My problem is I live 20 miles North of Muncie, so anything south or west of Indy just adds on to that hour and a half drive one way. I did want to go to FOTO though, but I had to work that weekend. I'm mainly into comp crawling, but I have been working on a scaler for a while (9-10 months now) Got diverted by the XR10
Old 11-29-2011, 09:30 AM   #51
I wanna be Dave

I hear ya. Indy is a 3hr drive and Foto is a 2hr drive for me. It sucks, but I love crawling so I make the trips. It used to be nothing for us to drive 4-5 hrs one way just to make a comp back in the day. People just are not into as much as they were back then.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:44 AM   #52
Rock Crawler

At one time I could have done that too. I just turned 62 in September
Old 11-29-2011, 09:48 AM   #53
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by transambill View Post
I sure hope so man.

Let me first say that I understand where you are coming from and I do agree that there seems to be a big slowdown in the crawling opportunities here lately. There are opportunities in the surrounding states and in southern Indiana to crawl, but with the weather turning bad/cold it will turn a lot of folks off to play outside. I am one of those. Being in a wheelchair also makes it impossible for me to hit FOTO and difficult for me to get to other locations as well.

However, let me disagree with you that The Rox Box is not the only game in town. It is the only indoor game in town, but not the only place to play. There are a lot of places we can go outside and hold comps. There is nothing saying that a bunch of us can't get together and hold informal or even organized comps.
Handicrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:53 AM   #54
Rock Crawler

Quote:
We are comp crawlers, not scalers though.
Why not include scalers? I got out of the comp scene because it isn't any fun for me to drive all that way to only get to run for a few minutes. At least with the scalers we can have more fulfilling events such as TTC and G6 or just get together with a few people and have a long trail run. Southern Indiana is great for these type of events due to the wide variety of terrain. I will go anywhere there is a scale event that is decently put on.
Old 11-29-2011, 03:58 PM   #55
I wanna be Dave

No one has ever brought scalers to one of our events and/or asked for it. I agree that southern Indiana would have some awesome places to run scalers. Our local jeep club property would be GREAT for some scalers.

What are most guys running for scalers? (as I have no idea because it's not my cup of tea) Are many people running Wraiths? I could see me possibly running on of those.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:08 PM   #56
I wanna be Dave

guys im workin aon a deal i just have to see what i can rent the garage for an then round up some more rock. here is the down fall for me . im not tring to make any money just pay for the place to play an i need to no that there will be guys to saport it before i rent the place an guys who will be there cause i cant to it if not . this is just a small place but it is a place to crawl an looking to take away form them box by no means . lookin to help all of us north guys here a lil im in need of about 10 guys to will be there so we can round up about 400 a mounth to pay for the place . heat will be torpedo heater an a generator for the electric an it like a 1 1/2 car garage but it will make a few corses i think
slowride1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:54 PM   #57
Rock Crawler

Quote:
No one has ever brought scalers to one of our events and/or asked for it. I agree that southern Indiana would have some awesome places to run scalers. Our local jeep club property would be GREAT for some scalers.

What are most guys running for scalers? (as I have no idea because it's not my cup of tea) Are many people running Wraiths? I could see me possibly running on of those.

Transambill and I both run Wraiths and 1.9 scalers, although my 1.9er project isn't completed yet but should be by spring.

To me the scale side of crawling is the most fun I've had with an R/C ever! I would love to get everyone together for a G6 event where a single course could be set up to take between 30min (shorter courses) to 1 1/2hrs (longer courses) to complete. Talk about fun, and really getting the fulfillment of driving the rig.

Bill and I both attended the last FOTO comp held by Louisville Crawlers with our Wraiths and had a great time!
Old 11-29-2011, 07:54 PM   #58
RCC Addict

Talking

Ok. So.... It looks like were all on here to much and we need to plan a gtg! IMO crawing in indiana is what we make it. If we want more gtg/comps. Lets plan em. Weve had a few good spots that guys have posted up here latley. Lets pick one. Schedule it enuf in advance that people can plan for it and have FUN.

We went out to cataract a couple weeks ago and had a blast. We can have 2.2 comp or scale out there. Weve got 4 wheel parts and arbuckle park on the east and west sides of indy. Weve got clifty falls and foto down south. Weve got places all around us within a couple of hours of the majority of us. So...... let do it!

So on that note.... Who wants to go scalein this weekend? Post up!

Last edited by Beest; 11-30-2011 at 08:04 AM.
Beest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 08:39 AM   #59
RCC Addict

Thumbs up

A couple of us are gonna gtg at a park in greenwood this aternoon. If anybody wants to go post up and ill post directions up! Or just call me too.
Beest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 08:42 PM   #60
Quarry Creeper

im in north webster in about 40 miles from ftwayne, i got a creeper , i would like to find a cool rc club , track , or rocks ,indoor/outdoor !!

pm me if anyone is around these parts
santa cruz crawler is offline   Reply With Quote