Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Indiana

Notices

Thread: Scale comp in Louisville. Help plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2011, 06:44 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Talking Scale comp in Louisville. Help plan!

Hey yall! Were going to having another scale comp in Louisville at Senaca park somtime b4 it gets relly cold. What we need from yall is to help us pick a date that would work for the most folks.
We will run 2.2 and 1.9 as long as its a scaler it dont matter!!!!!

So post up when would be a good date for yall, because we dont want to interfere with any other crawling events.
Beest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2011, 11:58 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

I would check with Tri State and the Rox Box. Set a date neither have anything takeing place on and you should be good to go.

By the way I signd up for the Louisville crawlers site over a week ago and a mod still hasnt approved my account or sent me an activation link.
transambill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:14 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Oct. 23rd will be Battle on the Border @ FOTO.
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:00 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Looks like October might be a little busy..... November then. you guys prefer saturday or a sunday?
Old 10-19-2011, 06:12 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Ok, were gonna shoot for november 6th. At falls of tho ohio state park.9:30 sign in, 10:00 start. Little format change too. Were gonna run 2.2 pro and 1.9 scale.

Post up if you are coming so we can get a driver count.

Last edited by Beest; 10-19-2011 at 06:18 PM.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:01 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

2.2 Scaler? or pro meaning dual motor comp rig?
Old 10-23-2011, 06:07 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

If it's 2.2 comp then i'm out.

My 1.9er is in the construction stages, so all I have to run is the Wraith. I may go just for fun.
Turn'Nburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:02 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turn'Nburn View Post
If it's 2.2 comp then i'm out.

My 1.9er is in the construction stages, so all I have to run is the Wraith. I may go just for fun.
The thred is titled "scale comp" so I dont know what he ment by 2.2 pro and cant get an answer unless this scale comp got turnd into a 2.2 moa comp.
He did say theres a format change and we would be crawling on Tri State's turf and they dont do scale so the format change mite of been done to keep the Tri State guy's happy.
I've seen it done before, cut out the 2.2 scale guys so the 3-4 who dont own a scaler can run there moa rigs.
My 1.9 is out as well, pulled the motor for my Wraith.
Without this thred getting updated as to whats going on I'm not ordering another motor till I know whats up and the longer it goes without an update the less likely I can get a motor delivered and installed in time.
So like you I'll probabbly be watching from the sidelines.
Actually on second thought I'm not driveing an hour south just to watch when I've got plenty of places within 10 minutes from my house I could be running at.

EDIT

Just checked Louisville crawlers site and there sign up sheet only has one guy on it and he's running 1.9 scale and 2.2 pro with an XR10.
So much for this being a SCALE COMP

No thanks I'll just stay home and shoot something. Shotgun season starts that weekend so I'll probably be in the woods chaseing Bambi.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:53 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Exclamation update!!!!!!!

We ARE gonna run 2.2 scale. Wraiths and any other 2.2 scale tread is welcome. No comp tires(sedona rover ect.)

Sorry for the slow update of this thread. Ive been busy all weekend workin on my cars and comping sunday. And btw.... We have nothing to do with the now gone TSC club. We are out to have fun and avoid all the club drama.

Bill, what kind of motor you need? Ive got a few layin around.

I know 2.2 scale has been kinda neglected in IND latley. Thats why were doin what were doing what were doing. To promote FUN in the neglected scale communtiy around here. So...... Come on down and RUN WUT YOU BRUNG AND HAVE FUN!!!
Old 10-26-2011, 05:43 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

Sounds good! I'll be there!
Old 10-26-2011, 04:12 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Talking

The local hobby shop in louisville has donated some prizes to our lil GTG.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:50 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beest View Post
We ARE gonna run 2.2 scale. Wraiths and any other 2.2 scale tread is welcome. No comp tires(sedona rover ect.)

Sorry for the slow update of this thread. Ive been busy all weekend workin on my cars and comping sunday. And btw.... We have nothing to do with the now gone TSC club. We are out to have fun and avoid all the club drama.

Bill, what kind of motor you need? Ive got a few layin around.

I know 2.2 scale has been kinda neglected in IND latley. Thats why were doin what were doing what were doing. To promote FUN in the neglected scale communtiy around here. So...... Come on down and RUN WUT YOU BRUNG AND HAVE FUN!!!
It's all good man. I've got several motors like Integy's, RC4WD's,Axial etc but I have at least $1000 tied up in each of my scalers and I'm not going to cheap out on the motor. Kinda like building a hot rod and them putting a 4cyl. in it.

Anyway, I pulled the HH 35t HW out of my 1.9 rig so I could drive my Wraith around and eventully it's going back in my 1.9.
Getting the 13turn CM for the Wraith but theres been a 2 week wait with JH getting hitched and moveing his shop so I've put off ordering one.

So I'll be there like John with the Wraith for some scale fun. Who knows I may throw one of my cheepy motors in my 1.9 and bring it along to.

P.S.
Whats up with the Louisville Crawler's site? I registered there about a month ago and a mod or Admin. hasnt ever approved my account.
Got the first e-mail welcoming me to the site but never got the second one stateing my account was approved. I check my spam folder regularly but still nothing and the only e-mail I got went to my inbox so I doubt the second would of went to my spam folder. The site says if you have any problems to contact a mod or site Admin. but will not allow you to contact anybody unless your signd in and signing in will do you no good unless your an approved member. Kinda a catch 22 over there.
Asking you cause I know your a member and hopeing maybe your a mod or at least know one that can help.

Sorry for the long post.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:45 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Sweet! Be good to see yall again. As far as gitting registerd agian on lousiville crawlers. I will talk to the adminastrator tomarow and see what needs to be done.

I just got a new motor for my 1.9 too, so im stoked!!
Old 11-05-2011, 03:58 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

i'm sooooooo looking forward to this. Got my Wraith ready and waiting to get dirty and a mystery motor in my 1.9 rig.

Last edited by transambill; 11-05-2011 at 03:58 PM. Reason: cause I cant spell for shit.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:41 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

Had a great time with a great group of people yesterday!

Thanks for the good times.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:52 AM   #16
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turn'Nburn View Post
Had a great time with a great group of people yesterday!

Thanks for the good times.
X2
Finished 5th out of 10 behind a couple losi comp crawlers. I can live with that but the next time someone asks "Can the guys with the 2.2 shafty comp crawlers run with you scaler guys" The answer is nooooo.
Especially if there going to run scaler and 2.2 pro with the same rig.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:14 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Is anyone going to post the comp results? It was just too far for me to drive this time, but I am interested who did go and how they placed.
TJ Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:41 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

Here ya go Steve,

RESULTS---2.2pro--3courses--1st=Barry -32...2nd=Beest +39...3rd=Doug+46...4th=ChrisB +76...5th=CrazyCrawler +112...6th=Michael +132...7th=Steve+134
RESULTS--Scalers--total time 3courses...1st=Djohns 7:55...2nd=superfly 8:30...3rd=CrazyCrawler 13:51...4th=Steve 14:12...5th=TransamBill 15:22...6th=Turn'n'burn 16:01...7th=Matt (bear)16:03...8th=Beest 18:53...9th=Chris B 20:25...10th=DingoDale 20:40...11th=Eric 20:45
Old 11-08-2011, 04:23 AM   #19
Rock Crawler

Thanks Bill! Congrats on the 5th place. Do you know how many showed up?
TJ Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:03 AM   #20
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by transambill View Post
X2
Finished 5th out of 10 behind a couple losi comp crawlers. I can live with that but the next time someone asks "Can the guys with the 2.2 shafty comp crawlers run with you scaler guys" The answer is nooooo.
Especially if there going to run scaler and 2.2 pro with the same rig.
I agree, it was fun except the fact that the two sportsman rigs grabbed the 2nd and 3rd place. Not a big deal but I won't be voting them in to run with us next time. Other than that it seemed that the Wraiths were ruling the scale class. I can't wait until the next one.